Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Warp Drive was no angel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Wow Bagger posted:

Found a fun bug. The neighbouring civ is really determined to use the stop colossus cassus belli against me, despite the fact that I haven't even researched destroyer tech yet.

One of those warnings shows up every in-game day.

"We will be greeted as liberators!"

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

You missed a spot.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

GorfZaplen posted:

We need more throne room drama. If this game took a few nods from CK2 and had the various scientists and governers be actual characters I would probably play this for 1000 more hours instead of 100

Yea , the lack of scheming minions is the thing that I miss most, threatening to upset carefully laid plans just because I gave their rival a system they wanted.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Guilliman posted:

Did something and this happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW1i0soaZts

High on space dust

Well Captain, it appears to be constantly sending out a signal that our top scientist have described as "funky".

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Splicer posted:

If all your friends are socially maladjusted weirdos or outright sociopaths maaaaaybe you're the problem?

Our alliance is perfectly in synch!

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 4, 2018

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Exterminators, pfff, just propaganda, they are probably all talk, no action.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Torrannor posted:

No dev diary today?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-115-2-1-anomaly-modding-bonus.1098533/

Mini diary about how they are changing the coding of events.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Aethernet posted:

The picture for refugees from crises should be aliens standing in front of a wall covered with pictures of other aliens.
Alternatively for purifiers.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
As a person adverse to "fun", are there a mod to reduce the number of genocidal manics like purifiers or exterminators?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Captain Invictus posted:

exterminators et al are fantastic to have because you can just pilfer their territory at your leisure, why would you want less of them!!!

They keep purging xenos before I get them for my zoos!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1009080759137787904

Triggered.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In my current game I have two Dyson Spheres and three Ringworlds. I decided to install the Utopia+ mod and now I'm adding another Sphere. Not that it matters since the only thing between myself and galactic domination is motivation.

Typical Determined Exterminator, all booster and no payload. Machines just lack the passion of organics.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Pops being needy pissants would actually please me, but what I really want is randomly generated sector leaders that plot against you or rebel if you don't listen to their demands.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

SniperWoreConverse posted:

one day I will get my robot space pope back
one day

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

turn off the TV posted:

How is anyone surprised by this?

Stellaris 2.2: We must secure the existence of our people and a future for human children.

I have yet to find something I dont like about the future patch. Please don't abandon us Wiz.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 23, 2018

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Won't overcrowding mean that people will grow but not migrate there anyways? So you have more homogeneous homeworlds and diverse colonies?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Synthbuttrange posted:

Setting yourself up as a vacation paradise is a good move as a rogue servitor.

I guess it would be funny to role play exterminators posing as servitors and let the meatbags turn themselves over for future processing.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Those poor Devouring Swarms, being denied access to the slave marked, for those days they just want to order out and just sit back, relax and binge on the newest season of Doctor Who.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I think this technology needs to be added.

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1040221305927360512

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Sorta hope this will affect migration attraction and pop growth as well, so desert worlds would be mostly populated by species that can adept, though pops leaving hive worlds would probably accept anything. Would be somewhat annoying to set migration rights on every planet just to avoid wasting infrastructure, due to the desert world needing to be covered in glass to accommodate the ocean dwelling fish people.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 15, 2018

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90O6l_v36WI&t=10s

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Looking forwards to megacorps accidentally releasing xenomorphs on the galaxy for fun and profits. Heck, megacorps should have a wide range of "accidental" crises options, from flesh eating plagues to literal deals with the Devil Shroud.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 10, 2018

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Torrannor posted:

One last tweet for the Preserve. I'm glad they thought about this, rescuing otherwise extinct species from it has always been one of my favorite things to do as a xenophile empire.

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1062324243671728128

Do the Xeno Keepers give out belly rubs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Descar posted:

Built my first colossus, and promptly declared war to crack a planet..
Fly right to their capital and start the doom-weapon, while my fleets smashes whatever..

And sitting here waiting, watching as the timer goes down, then.. Kaboom! wait? nothing happened?
Only to have my colossus only turn the citizens to Spiritualist instead..

"He said he wanted them to find their maker."
"Did you ask if he meant, meet their maker?"
"Remember what happened last time he thought someone was lippy?"