Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm a big dumb baby so i've been playing on easy, but now this timeline is doomed because a map only spawned two deployment points. as far as i can tell, there's no way to exit a map after you click on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm having trouble getting the smoke damage cheevo for smokey, other smokey and the bandit. any tips aside from the obvious mech upgrades?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
judo team is great when you can move dudes around to kill each other, but that often isn't possible and they kind of suck at killing anything otherwise.

maybe the problem is that i'm playing on easy, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 28, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is there a way to determine what order the enemies go in? i keep banging my head against the wall trying to make judoka work, and that's kind of important.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the zenith pull beam is the weakest weapon in the game i've seen so far. it's a straight line projectile, so you can't ever use it to pull one enemy into another like the judoka science mech.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't get what their priorities are aside from the bosses generally going after the tower first.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zenith is more focused on pure damage than disabling or forced enemy movement, though you'll want to swap out the science mech's primary weapon for pretty much anything else asap.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

Im pissed. Ive been playing the Frozen Island and if you break a block of ice floor, there’s a shining light ou can pickup. I’ve failed to notice twice until it was too late

Anyone know what it does?

it spawns a special time pod.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
judo mech is a little on the weak side. sure, being able to chuck giant bugs into holes is great, but that's pretty situational compared to most other primes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have a grip of pilots on my current timeline (two perfects and one from a pod), once I've unlocked them they will be available from the time traveler menu from now on, even if I trade them in for rep, right?

when you get a new unique pilot it says they are unlocked in the hangar, yes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best thing about freezing instead of killing is that each frozen enemy is a possible target for other enemies, and it doesn't matter if they get out since it still ate at least two enemy actions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for a lot of the ice island level conditions, you don't have to keep the robots alive. sometimes the mine layers or the robot factories are protection targets, but the other robots often don't have any objectives attached at all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

lazorexplosion posted:

Oh poo poo, shields block self icing and bethany can make your ice artillery start shielded.

mafan gets shields every round, allowing you to never be iced up. that method has a lot of downsides, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for hazard, you can burn your last 1-2 hp with self damage and not die if you kill something

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
deployable shield tank is pro as gently caress. i buy it whenever i see it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't bear to kill time pods until i have all the normal pilots. i already have all the good ones, but still.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the random skills aren't a great system. there's grid defense, which sucks, and then there is everything else, which are good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hp is good, movement is better, reactor is best and grid def is worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Khagan posted:

What happens if I dont use the pilot I just sent back when starting a new run? Do they keep their skills.

nah, you can switch to any of the other pilots you've unlocked, but the only way to keep skills and level is to send someone back and use them the following game.