Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want to watch way too much stuff this season

Cutie Honey Universe
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Gundam Build Divers
Hinamatsuri
Hisone to Maso-tan
Isekai Izakaya: Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu
Juushinki Pandora
Megalo Box
Steins;Gate 0
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby

Fumikiri Jikan
Nobunaga no Shinobi: Anegawa Ishiyama-hen
Uchuu Senkan Tiramisù

Four mecha shows in one season?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it's worth noting that Gundam Build Divers isn't just another Gundam spinoff, it's a wholly new universe. And if anyone's interested, they put out a 15 minute long prologue episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zR55C33TLA

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope the Dororo anime actually gives the story an ending.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parallax posted:

the original anime already gave it an ending

Oh cool. The manga really feels like he was given one weeks warning that the series was cancelled and he had to unexpectedly wrap everything up in one issue.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Silver2195 posted:

The weak link in terms of major characters might actually be Gauron. Making the villain a loose cannon who's steadily burning his bridges is fine for a storyline like the hijacking (it actually builds tension there), but makes him rather unthreatening in the long run. It doesn't help that pretty much the only thing from The Second Raid I've been spoiled on is that not only is Gauron the main villain, he comes back from apparent death again and again. Also, the "I'm not actually Chinese" bit made me worry that they're setting up a twist where he turns out to be Sosuke's father or something equally dumb.

Everything about Gauron was done better by Ali Al-Sachez in Gundam 00, and he still wore out his welcome in the second season.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should do an entire show in that style

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I actually kinda like the one where the crowd in the stands behind them is just a flat blurry picture. It reminds me of how Bakemonogatari would have bystanders just be like stick figures.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doc V posted:

Satoshi Mizukami (Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Spirit Circle) is launching a new manga in April and it's immediately getting an anime adaptation this summer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vlwdP99g7U

http://planet-with.com/

drat, 2018 is going to end up being an amazing year for mecha

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched Orphen when I was a little kid and all I remember is the scene where he finally finds his childhood friend and sh'es been turned into a giant monster to birth monsters and Orphen throws up and then strangles her to death. I was like ten years old and that part really freaked me out

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Colonel posted:

jesus what i read of the manga and played of the game was just a crummy comedy action shonen

Now that I think about it, that might've been from the Arc the Lad anime.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
5 mecha anime in Spring, and already two confirmed for Summer. 2018 is the Year of Mecha!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Robotics;notes the anime isn't terrible. I think a big issue was people went in expecting Steins;gate level stuff but it ended up being just ok.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DisDisDis posted:

What show is gonna be good in the spring of the year twenty eighteen

Smart money is on Gundam Build Divers

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Space Flower posted:

also in good things happen: etotama, frame arms girl sequels announced

also the anime adaptation of yu-no intends to cover all the routes. now i'm interested. (also the director said the jokes would be even dirtier)

Frame Arms Girls was surprisingly nice, I'm excited for the sequel

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it true that the GuP animators kept trying to sneak in pantyshots and the director kept catching them and making them fix it, or is that just an urban legend?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nephthys posted:

Juvenile sexual humor is everywhere, sure, but in anime the pantyshot and accidental pervert jokes are weirdly ubiquitous tropes. I can't think of equivalents in western media I've seen.

What's the deal with all the joke in sitcoms about people walking in on someone in the shower? Is it supposed to be funny, or sexy? Someone who knows about Americans please explain

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Silver2195 posted:

But Fumoffu comes next, and it isn't a mecha show!

Fumoffu is a mecha show

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's too much anime this season.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was not expecting Space Battleship Tiramisu to have quite that much male nudity

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first episode of Build Divers is out. It didn't blow me away, but It feels like it'll get better once all the characters in the OP are in the show. I'm especially interested in the shibari fox guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq7j_l6_lCs

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parallax posted:

i'm already bored of build divers

the different mission types on display implies that there will be a variety to the action at least. So it's not going to make the mistake that Build Fighters Try did

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Darling in the Franxx is really good, you guys.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

chiasaur11 posted:

Zero Two tries to eat a book!

Everybody who didn't give it a try or dropped off after the first two episodes really should give it another go. Darling in the Franxx is good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lobster22221 posted:

The original SAO had a really good first episode.

no it didn't

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nobunaga no Shinobi is back.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sharkopath posted:

Also one of the characters in the big GGO splashart piece is a friggin halo spartan and if you can be a halo spartan everybody would be a halo spartan

There's big sci-fi armor in Splatoon and almost nobody wears it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kayakyakr posted:

Agreed. Is that one continuing?

Yeah, there's like another 12 episodes left. Jesus Christ I can't imagine if that was the last episode.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think you have to put historical events behind spoiler bars.

The show itself has even had jokes about Mitsuhide that don't make sense if you don't know what's going to happen

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lobster22221 posted:

What show is this?

Space Battleship Tiramisu. It's not bad.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched the first episode of Uma Musume expecting to like it but it sat poorly with me. The girls as horses thing made me more uncomfortable than I expected. I liked the character's antics and want Special Week to accomplish her dream, but then there'd be a scene where the trainer just felt up Special Week in public like it was fine, or one of the character's dehumanizing names would be said, or there's that girl who is wearing a bridle, and it just felt weird

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've got good feelings about Gundam Build Divers. It's slowly building up the cast and world and I think it's gonna be pretty good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You Don't Know Gunma Yet is pretty great

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I guess You Don't Know Gunma Yet is based off a live-action series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsXiSsel-Js

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't watch Isekai Izakaya on an empty stomach

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Motto posted:

Is it another show about fantasy people flipping out over generic Japanese food

yeah it's great

Knorth posted:

Has there been more than one of those?

And yes, pretty much.

Restaurant to Another World, it was great

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wasn't crazy about the first half of this week's Tiramisu, but the second one was great

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Darling in the Franxx confirmed for anime of the decade

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parallax posted:

if there are people who think a middle school bartender isn’t the funniest poo poo then i don’t know what their problem is

I wonder if the anime is going to cover Hitomi's military training in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

• Locked thread