Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I feel like this season I played about the same as I usually do but ended up like 260, which I've only ever barely finished the season pass before. Just so many little quests every week, and you can easily grind every milestone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I have Save The World but did not buy it soon enough to earn vbucks. I'm not a fan of it, I got it because it came with a costume, and played through it just enough to unlock the quests that I needed to for that

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

If not, I'm pretty sure there's just programs out there that set up macros, I don't know if these are considered cheating in Fortnite for whatever anti cheat software it has, because I'm a dirty console player.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

It's no more cheating than the autofire setting on a controller; it's doing what a person can already do, just more efficiently and easier.

I meant according to their anticheat software. I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

When I started playing with my 10yo, I was surprised there was a story at all, and I'm amazed that it's more coherent than most game series.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I don't know how to feel about this.

I also didn't know about llama school, I would have liked that sword.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

InsertPotPun posted:

i go through all my gold rerolling perks

Same. I played my son's acct a little just to get him the Witcher and some other cosmetics he hadn't gotten, and felt bad spending his gold (even the gold I earned playing), so he was maxed out the next time he logged on. While I'm constantly under 1k.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

They gave us the best one right at the start

It's by far the best of the lot. The other shins are fine but I'll probs only play as them if my team is doing matchies. I haven't looked that the bonus rewards ones tho.

Shinjobi posted:

Renzo's giant flaming skull glider is perfect. Just perfect.

My son said, "HE'S ROASTING MY CHESTNUTS!" So now it's my favorite glider.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

LionArcher posted:

Snipers are broken in zero builds if they're good shots/zero/low ping. Solo's it's not terrible, duo's its rough. 200 damage total I understand, but 300 or whatever? Meh.

The snipers scope lights up when it looks at you, I've sniped them back with a redeye before. Not good enough. But its something.

That vault shotgun that's a 1 hit kill got me a couple times, but I rush teams in the vault for funzies.

I did take out a team of 3 in three shots with it, so it's still unfair, but when it's unfair in my favor it's fun.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

The island is basically: Die fighting to take it, or die later to the pulse rifle

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

There was a snowboarding map that was my go-to to farm XP where you got bonuses every 5 minutes for your cumulative trick score. This carried over between matches, so once you had a decent score you could just log in to the map then walk away and get a level or two. Now it only gives you XP if you pull off a trick in the 5 minutes.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Overbite posted:

I’m really good at placing 2nd or 3rd.

There's a reason I had this emote when I used to stream.

Spacebump posted:

My favorite normal loadout is a Cobra DMR, Combat Shotgun or Maven , SMG or Suppressed AR, katana, and Med Mist.

Tack Pistol, combat/maven, DMR, grandes, splashes.
I exclusively play squads so grandes and splashes are more useful than in solo. I'm willing to drop any of these except the DMR for a katana depending on quality.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Tafferling posted:

Yeah, I love setting houses on fire when someone's in it.
But as much as I like throwing grenades at unsuspecting people, normal weapons are so ridiculously lethal that you could be dead before the thing even touches the ground.

Granades are for chucking in at a team that's hiding, and there is nothing currently better for it. They are useless in single player (maybe clearing bushes without checking? they had a use in builds before there was a half dozen ways to avoid fall damage). If I was a kbm player, there might be a better option, but throwing a few in to send a team running out of cover with broken shields works pretty well.

They also take out the boss before he even dodges. But it's not like he's a real danger, it's just faster.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I changed my argument: Throwing things is fun and exploding things is fun.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

The game's been sweaty the past few days. I feel like I'm dumped in a higher tier lobby. Because EVERY match there's a team that just steamrolls my entire team in under a second. Like, we're not that good. We don't work as a team other than just kinda being around each other and usually one of us is off loving around with chickens or something. Why are we in the same lobbies with good people and streamers?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Amphigory posted:

I'm sure everyone is thinking the same thing, but I'm loving the katana for just getting the gently caress out of somewhere

Especially if I've been dicking about trying to kill someone and suddenly find myself in the storm and need to move quickly

I was feeling like, "meh, it's fine" until I went a match without one. It's a must have for movement. The people that can use it as a weapon are next level tho.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

matryx posted:

I think the key with it is don't just try to stick with it. If you knock someone back, switch to a gun while they're on a nice slow arc and mess them up before they hit dirt.

I don't know. Switching guns feels really slow. After a sword. I was accidentally hit the sword them button an extra time, and then like I'm going through that animation I try to switch and pull the trigger but it doesn't switch and I'm still on this award so I just swing again.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I just got a trios win without any of my teammates getting a single kill. We were the kings of interloping. Didn't take on a full, heathy team the entire match.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I was shot through walls with shotguns twice yesterday on the replay they were tracking me through a house and firing with the gun right up against the wall). And had a couple of suspicious ambushes tonight(an entire team waited in the storm outside a building they had no way of knowing I was in). There was also a guy who was Invisible for me and my partner. But he snipered us while we were fighting another team and was Invisible after we were dead, so I'm guessing that was a glitch like maybe his skin didn't load in.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Drink and Fight posted:

Are you sure they didn't have marksman augment?

My own teammate was invisible to me one round tonight but our other teammate could see her.

The one that really stood out was the final 2 teams and we ambushed them inside a building. They were marked from my marksman when I plinked them through the doorway when we rushed the house. It's POSSIBLE that one of their teammates was using a rifle in up close combat, but I usually notice when I get marked. It was more the shot gunning me three times through the wall that stood out enough for me to watch the replay from their perspective. I usually chalk these things up to lag or bad luck, or them getting lucky with headshots. It has to be an extreme outlier for me to go back to the tape to see what the heck happened.

According to some random YouTuber you can shoot someone through their gun if it's sticking through a wall. But I was running through the one room building and they were hiding just outside the other side. I assumed that the wall had broken down for them but not for us(I've seen that happen maybe twice this season in cars with teammates), but they were just sitting still shooting, not typical gameplay style of someone wipes an entire team that just walked through your teammates. And really if it hadn't happened twice I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Edit: and yeah the invisible thing, they were invisible for me and another teammate. Don't know if the other two could see them. I typically just assume these types of things are all just errors from having a game where 100 random connected electronics are communicating data about a small island. I like to think that sometimes the errors work in my favor and there's some dude out there cursing RodShaft for killing him in an impossible way. This was just a lot of them in two days.

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 29, 2023

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I had a good time with grenade bear.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Awesome. This was my favorite map like 20 years ago.

Edit: oh man. I can't wait for blood gulch and midship

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Solo seems to just come down to whoever gets the pulse rifle. That thing needs nerfed bad

Teams are pretty much that too. You either die at the island fighting over the pulse rifle or die by the pulse rifle later.

The exception is if my team gets the pulse rifle. Then we all die to one dude with a grey pistol.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Do you just fire then switch to the same weapon type and it's faster than just firing with the same gun?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I put everything to as default as possible and it finally moved on.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

What's everyone's landing strategies? I have a few spots around the edge of the map I like, and I jump off the bus as soon as I can and land at the closest one. I aim to land on a gun and immediately start blasting people. Usually only one or two other teams land that quick. You end up with an entire area cleared and a great load out to start, but you do fight the edge of the storm throughout the match(not really an issue with all the movement options the past couple seasons).

One of the newer members of my little group likes to land as far from the bus line as possible and gear up before even seeing anyone. I'm known as "the suicidal one" when I play with her normal group. My argument is if you have time to gear up before seeing anyone, so do they whereas if you're getting first landing and getting a gun you get the drop on them then you can gear up.

My favorite landing spots are:

Breakwater Bay: 10/10 follower, flag, plenty of loot/health. A path to the center that goes by 3 sets of key chests and a lady selling swords that ends at citadel.

Lonely Labs: 8/10 lots of loot, follower kinda near. Zipline right to Brutal Bastian where there's a flag, vault, and launchpads. No swords or key chests the First half the match.

The docks on the north end: 8/10 Loot, 2 slurp trucks, one person can land at the gas station and slide right down. 2 sets of key chests. Ziplines up to Brutal Bastian. No follower/swords/flag.

Slappy Shores: 8/10 Loot/shields/flag, 2 vending machines/Slurp truck/key chests not too far/plenty of vehicles.

Frenzy Fields: 7/10 Has a flag a lot of options to land on loot. Is slightly lower then the surrounding area, so landing there off the bus is deceptively fast. Nothing too special, but we always seem to do well there and there's not much else when the bus comes from the south/southwest.

Shattered slabs: 5/10 I like to land at the docks and tower to the west then clean out the survivors of all the chumps that land there.

That one island with Eevie: 7/10 she sells purple pistols. You'll find a sword and there's a flag. Most these points are for the purple pistol which is a beast early game. Also lots of key chests on the way to center.

That really big house thing in the new area: 5/10 there's a flag and swords. It's fine. You basically have to go through mega city tho.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

the unabonger posted:

Solos I land near the sniper dude and with a team I like to land at the farm or at breakwater.

I can see him or the explosives dude being really helpful. The explosives dude is probably the most effective damage dealer just because all the other helpers miss every shot.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Me in every match "there's fire to the northwest. Should we go? I'm already halfway there. poo poo I'm knocked. Nevermind. I got em. There's fire to the south, should we go? I'm already there. I didn't heal up so I'm gonna need you to rez me in a second. Nevermind I'm fine. There's fire to the west. I'm going in. I forgot to reload so I'm dead for real this time."

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Amphigory posted:

Can confirm :)

It is the job of my teammates to remind me to reload when I'm running into every firefight like a dog that saw a squirrel. Get your mic working and we'll put up some real numbers. :blastu:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

I've heard that the way to play Prop Hunt is now through Fortnite. I can't actually figure out how to do it though. I see creator codes for maps on various websites, but I can't connect to any of them. Is there a way to just host one for like 10 of us to join? Is there anything like a server list that you would find in a standalone game like Prop and Seek?

In Fortnite hit whatever button your system uses for changing game, then scroll down a bit, and you should see a list of popular creator games. There's almost always a prop hunt or two in there somewhere. Not Fortnite, but I enjoyed Witch It when I was into prop hunt games.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Well I never tried aiming then hitting.

I tried for two entire games to get a single nape hit. Landing at the tower, getting the gear. Flying around the stupid dummy for 10 minutes, then dying. All my other quests are done. I was also on a switch on a bumpy school bus driving through the middle of nowhere, hotspotting from my phone with little to no reception. I just wanted to get the stuff done. But I got a win somehow.

Edit:

Shinjobi posted:

I doubt I'm going to be able to land a swipe against another player....just need to find a thunder spear and see if that works for me

it's super easy with the thunder spear. It does area damage, so just chuck it into any firefights you see and you'll have it in no time.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

OooooOOOOOoooo. Are we posting videos? I already posted this in discord, and it's just the last 30 seconds, but here's this.

https://youtu.be/Hcs1itu8r2k

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Cat Machine posted:

Where are the dirtbikes now? I thought they were unvaulted but they weren’t at their usual spawns :(

I saw one outside a building the first day of AoT. Haven't seen any since.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Looks like a Dr. Who collab was potentially leaked.

There goes all my money.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

RodShaft posted:

There goes all my money.

KingKapalone posted:

Thanks I just tried this out and got into a game. Is there a way for about 10 of us to all join the same public game? What about hosting a private game? I see I can switch to Private before playing. Can I then just invite all of my friends up to the map limit?
The easiest way would just be to get all your friends in a party with you. And then just setting it to public and starting a game it'll either put you in a game or start a new game and let people join in.

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 18, 2023

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

St. Blaize posted:

anyone have an active invite for the discord?

https://discord.gg/YpKs4d9bwZ

This one shouldn't expire.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Fortnite is more fun with goons. (Especially no build)

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Scuba Trooper posted:

Now I just have to land thunder spears to get a skin I’ll probably never use

They explode a lot faster than they used to, and you can use them on the bosses. You should be able to knock that out super easy now.

Edit:

Drink and Fight posted:

They work on the card vault trio boss guys if you want an easy completion.

:argh:NEW PAGE!:argh:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I just carry one then headshot knocked dudes, because I'm Garbo with both those guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Hrist posted:

If you aren't throwing rocks at the island from miles away on the ground, watching the house crumble and seeing the sweats pile up on the side elimination thing, you aren't even playing. :dukedog:

Burning down the house/trees on the island with the fire sniper is also acceptable.