Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

:lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQBl3_6FKA

No animated series hand suckers, 0/0

e: I meant 0/5, but I think this is more accurate. This movie has no possible stars.

What did Beethoven do to deserve this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Why the hell is this series about criminals so popular

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

But then BOOM. Fake death. Samuel L. Jackson is the new Jigsaw, baby.

Live or die, make your choice, motherfucker.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Sirotan posted:

They won't, but they should just use the original theme song this time around too. Don't update it, don't reimagine it. If we can't have Dennis Farina Robert Stack back at least give us that.

Or at least give us the occasional "UP-date".

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

That's Jurassic World 3

https://twitter.com/JurassicPark2go/status/1282141159574339585?s=20

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

teagone posted:

I went back to quote this because I just watched this movie and it sucked. Shia was good in his bit role though.

Is it true that you don’t get to see the full chest tattoo Shia got for this role since Shia never takes off his suit? Because lol if that is the case.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Reading between the lines in interviews, I get the sense that this was all just overblown marketing spin anyway. It sounds like Shia wanted to get a tattoo of his mom and in the movie they tacked on some extra bits that made it specific to his character.

So does that mean that the huge “CREEPER” (the name of his character) letters are fake or did he want that as well?

E:f,b Still, interesting how the movie specific bit is also the one hardest to see.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

gently caress cropped trailers.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1295344630175797248

Not much to go on, but it's well shot and looks like it could be some turn-of-the-century Nancy Drew fun for the young'uns.

Revealing a release date via a loving anagram pisses me off so drat much.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Wow, looks like Kenneth really brushed off the utter failure of Artemis Fowl real quick.

This was probably in the works at around the same time or before.

Still, it kind of helps that Fowl looked so generic YA that even Branagh fans wouldn't be able to tell it was him.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

Hahaha that was fast. :swoon: I want to see more already.

Goddamn it, are they really going with the freaking “let’s stuff as many villains in this one movie as we can” nonsense again? Joker gang, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman and Carmine Falconers? Just have ONE villain. ONE. I can’t see this working at all. At best it will be a bunch of “oooooh, know who THAT is?” camera winks.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

That being said, I played the second half that trailer around 10+times on my phone for that awesome theme. Hope the full track is released soon.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Cacator posted:

I'm glad ammonites are finally getting the big screen treatment they deserve.

Kabuto movie when

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm glad Cats exists because these sorts of fiascos just aren't a thing anymore. Studios are so risk averse and everything is a superhero movie, a sequel or a remake these days so to see someone go all out and spend $100+ million and produce THIS is nothing short of astounding to me.

I'm probably never going to WATCH Cats but I'm glad it exists.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

And I remember this being pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaShOr5AeKA

It wasn’t. I remember seeing that in the theaters with some friends for my birthday. I ended up apologizing at least 4 times for subjecting them to this, once during the film itself (during the “Beowulf runs around naked fighting Grendel while a bunch of objects block his junk” scene)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wasn't it also a race to get it out the door before that other alien invasion movie around that time?

An alien invasion movie that the Strauses were working on as FX artists WHILE making Skyline, to the point that they ended up being sued over it:

https://screenrant.com/battle-los-angeles-skyline-lawsuit/

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Might as well start working on biopics for R Kelly and Subway Jared too

The R. Kelly biopic will be called "I Believe I Can Fly" and conspicuously ends with the making of the Space Jam OST.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

wizardofloneliness posted:

I just assume all rock stars are horrible sex pests unless proven otherwise. Saves time.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://youtu.be/lSgOSf9Y2VM

1) The gently caress is this
2) Man, between this and Fantasy Island Michael Peña can't catch a break
3) Why does Tim Story still have a career
4) Why does Ken Jeong still have a career.
5) No seriously, the gently caress is this. gently caress, the original Tom and Jerry movie felt a lot more natural and joyful than this crap.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 17, 2020

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I have to say, I am pretty curious about the rumors that Keaton will play Thomas Wayne Batman from Flashpoint.

Which between that and Vulture makes the entire premise of Birdman hilariously prescient.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

God Hole posted:

delusions of grandeur
messiah complex
overall just an annoying dude
talks like he took exactly one entry-level philosophy class
harasses and assaults his coworkers under the guise of "method acting"
child rapist

You missed "literal cult leader". I know that technically fits into "messiah complex", but it really needs to be emphasized.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

davidspackage posted:

Yeah, it's kind of weird how little attention that seems to get. Really underlines the "child predator" too.

I think it’s because at first glance this kind of looks more like a wacky publicity stunt than a full blown cult. Unfortunately, even fake cults have the tendency to turn real VERY fast. Especially with a predator at the helm, like you said but the allegations surrounding Leto have been very low profile.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 24, 2020

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Shageletic posted:

I need to read the Devil in the White City. Ive heard great things.

The World's Fair portion is great but the H.H. Holmes portion is not only meh, but it's completely invalidated by modern research that reveals that most of the gruesome stories about Holmes (including his infamous "murder hotel", whose secret rooms were likely just used to store stolen goods) were fabrications by the police (who wanted to pin every crime in Chicago on Holmes), the press (who at the time blatantly made poo poo up) and Holmes himself (who was a pathological liar). Holmes definitely killed at least 9 people but probably no more than that and certainly not up to 200.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Shageletic posted:

I'm personally more annoyed that they brought in Mel Gibson for this. I dont want to support that gently caress, and now he's in good looking movies now

Mel Gibson's slow but steady climb back to Hollywood's good graces is probably the single greatest argument for why "cancel culture" isn't really a thing.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Killing off Cranston and sticking you with cardboard man severely hurt the movie for me. Actually surprised how likable his character was in TENET since normally I can't stand him.

:same: I saw Godzilla 2014 with some friends and cardboard man’s pathetic attempt to have a heartfelt call to his wife made me do a full Max Cady guffaw that caused said friends to look at me like I had gone insane.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

If they can keep every single person on who made the 1st this will be a super hit.

Well that’s not possible because they shut down the original animation studio.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dillbag posted:

Not making fun of you, I just think Lindelof is a great idea man but he's a hack as a storyteller. The Watchmen TV series is good because it was only one season. If they come back with Lindelof he'll go right into the patented "why plan? just make poo poo up as we go" à la Lost

Which is why he was quite clear about the fact that if they wanted to do Watchmen Season 2, they would have to do it without him.

Between Watchmen and Leftovers, Lindelof is clearly at his best when he is allowed to tell a story with beginning, middle and end.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

It was sad watching just how good she was for 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls to then get typecast in completely the opposite direction. I'm glad the universe is balancing things out, as I was sad when I would read things by people with generally good taste saying she isn't funny or talented, when that's just plainly not true.

Blame her husband for constantly writing those "FAT WOMAN FALL DOWN HURR" roles for her. It's mind-boggling how she didn't dump his rear end by now.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

A lot of online critics are very positive about it too.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-snyder-cut-reactions-are-here-and-sos-a-new-traile-1846474461

Not kidding when people say this is very Joker.

We live in a society (for cruelty to animals)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 16, 2021

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

teagone posted:

I laughed at the bag of dicks/dicks on the beach joke because I'm trash.

I think Cena and Melchior(?)’s delivery really sells it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Good news, they're currently filming an entire HBO Max spinoff series about Cena's character. James Gunn spent a big chunk of his pandemic downtime writing it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peacemaker_(TV_series)

Well now we know for sure Cena is going to be one of the first to die in the movie.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 28, 2021

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Where is out 100% faithful version of Lost Girls, Hollywood? What possible reason could you have for not adapting that??

Spoiler: it was actually adapted several times but never released. Almost as if Hollywood execs were deliberately making the movies just to stick them in their own closets. Weird.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm down for Tig Notaro becoming the new Christopher Plummer.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Tom Cruise is definitely gonna die in outerspace and i cant wait. Very fitting.

He’s going to “accidentally” let go of the rope so he can finally be with LRH.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

While it does look kind of meh, I can’t help but recall the first Ant-Man trailer which also made the movie look as generic as possible (I even compared it to Green Lantern at the time) and it turned up to be a pleasant surprise.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Retrowave Joe posted:

Thread’s starting to feel like the 90s are back. Stop being so drat cynical and detached and let people enjoy things. If you want a quiet socially-shared experience go to the opera or something.

Pretty much everywhere I have lived (mostly Europe, some Asia) had quiet theater audiences. People hooting and hollering during a movie sounds horrible to me.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

One of the top 3 greatest theater going experiences of my life was Twilight: Breaking Dawn: Part 2. Hear me out. My wife had been a fan of the series, while understanding they were trash (whatever, we all like trash), but hadn't wanted to see any of them in the theater, because, again, she knew they were trash. But for the last movie she wanted to finally see one in the theater, so I, of course, said I'd go with her. We went opening night. Theater was packed, almost entirely with teen girls and women in their 20's and 30's.

So I'm sitting in this movie, thinking it's mostly a piece of crap (though better than the other ones, because suddenly they're introducing a bunch of vampires with specific super powers? That's cool). Anyway, it gets to the "final battle", and the good vampires and werewolves line up against the bad vampires, and the leaders of both walk up to each other to talk. Suddenly Michael Sheen rips the head off the good vampire's head (the patriarch of the family). The whole theater gasps. My wife says, "Well that didn't happen in the book. But as long as they don't light him on fire, they can still bring him back." (Apparently a rule in this series.) They immediately light him on fire. The entire theater erupts in screams. Then, all hell breaks loose.

Main characters are dying left and right. Some vampire with blonde hair dies. The ground opens up and some dog falls down it in slow motion and dies. I don't know who it is, but the theater sure does, because everyone is crying.

And I mean openly weeping. Teenage girls and women in the 20's and 30's are screaming, crying, and gnashing their teeth. It's absolute chaos. And I'm just there looking around laughing my god drat rear end off. I'm loving every second of it. More blood for the blood god!

It should be noted that apparently none of this happened in the book, so not a single person in that theater saw this coming. They were blindsided. By the end of it, half the characters everyone knows, on both sides, are loving dead. Some old, tired vampire is killed, and right before he dies, he says, "...finally." It was glorious.

Suddenly Bella and Edward rip Michael Sheen's head off, and we see his POV as they slowly bring a torch towards him...and we back up to the beginning of the battle. It was all a vision one character was giving Sheen of what would happen if the battle took place.

The theater didn't know what the hell to think. There were gasps. Whimpers. "Wh...wh...what?!" They were holding each other.

And I just silently said to myself, "That was loving amazing."

I talked to a friend of mine, and he said the exact same thing happened to him when he went to see it with his wife, and he had the same reaction. We may be bad people. But the point is, some theaters don't need to be quiet.

From what I heard, the reason why they did this was because apparently people were horribly disappointed that the books ended with the two factions sitting down and settling their differences instead of a big fight. So they had a big fight... in someone's head so they could get back to the real ending.

If that's true, that's easily one of the best decisions in Hollywood history.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

EDIT: Nvm

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 7, 2021

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Wasn’t there something similar going on in Escape Plan? I never saw the movie but I remember some discussion on We Hate Movies that the movie apparently goes really out of its way to never imply that Arnold and Sly ever “win” against the other even though they are on the same side.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sunshine was good start to finish, though

gently caress no. That movie’s first two acts are near perfect and then it shits the bed so bad I still get mad thinking about it. My go to metaphor is “Imagine you’re watching 2001: A Space Odyssey and then two thirds in you’re suddenly watching Jason X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Are you loving kidding me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzIMYaeUmRo

“Yeah, let’s make Mr Turkey Baster the hero now! What could go wrong?”