Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

Feels like they've taken the doors off a built-in wardrobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
The r/neckbeards forum is full of stories from women dealing with "nice guys" ranging from the pathetic to the gross to the outright horrifying.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
EDIT: Beaten.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I have to talk about Reddit for work tomorrow and it's going to be so drat hard to be objective and not scream out REDDIT SUCKS poo poo every five minutes

"Now that the paedophilia subreddits and the most openly racist subreddits have been closed, this just leaves the literally thousands of homophobic and misogynist subreddits operating and ripe for monetisation by our company. Thank you for your time."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

syntaxfunction posted:

I watch cartoons sometimes (Disenchantment and that's it at the moment tbh) and I am deeply, deeply wrong in the brain.

So yeah, that checks out.

You're only wrong in the brain if you enjoy Disenchantment.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
I think it's just that they won't be using the name any more.

In the TV show, they just referred to it as Boba's Firespray, which is the ship's model.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
Yeah, that's Reddit, all right.

Where the n-word is free speech and 'manchild' is a slur.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

MarcusSA posted:

The shows are really short.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
"Boo!" said the creature.

"Ahh!" I replied.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

syntaxfunction posted:

You apparently can't downvote yourself on reddit, but you can take away the default upvote. I like doing that if I remember because it makes fair for all the other losers who aren't as good at posting at me.

There are a million subreddits where you will be downvoted for posting anything slightly against the groupthink.

If you ever find yourself wanting 1000s less karma, got to r/conservatives and start talking about minorities in a positive light or how Obama was such a great president.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

FurtherReading posted:

Apparently the reddit execs have been selling off a ton of their shares since the IPO.

I'm not a finance guy though so I don't know if it's enough to be a bad look.

No, a 'bad look' is the new site design.

Thankfully, there are extensions for Firefox and Chrome already which revert the changes by changing all links to https://new.reddit.com/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
Technically, it;s a new new new look. It forces the mobile version on all users and fucks up a bunch of stuff, like scrolling back up inside a post and from inside subreddits themselves.

Nothing better than accidentally scrolling past something you think you might want to look at, only you can't now because you can't scroll up sometimes at random.

Also, opening images from a subreddit then closing the image also closes the sub. If you click on a post then press 'back' you no longer retain your place in the sub, you get sent back to the very start.

And that's just what I found in half an hour of scrolling before I installed an extension to stop it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

The ears, like the vagina, aren't holes. Topologically, they're depressions
:goonsay:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
I wonder if this wonderful person also describes themselves as a libertarian.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's really weird is this was posted in the mma sub

You mean the Andrew Tate wannabes sub.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
If you go to the legal advice subs, you will be banned and have your account deleted for warning people that the mods are literally cops.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

MarcusSA posted:

I’m sure this has some ripe comments.

There's always sticky flood of goons who come out of the woodwork any time showering is mentioned to say how they only shower once a week. Or month. Or less.

"I just don't smell" "I don't brush my teeth either, no one complains" "deodorant is a scam"

Always be grateful you can't smell people over the internet.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
One of the few truly good things Mao did.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

Zero One posted:

This fbi agent was talking to me and texted me and I asked him to send me his id and he sent me this, I have a suspicion it is fake but I want to clarify because idk what they’re supposed to look like and if this is real or not?

Just call the FBI, that's literally why you ask an official for their ID, so you can verify it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
I'm the FBI agent wearing a military uniform.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
The strangest thing about that story is a wankfic writer caring about incest.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
Remember that discussion we had about being banned on reddit?

https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1779600432085819708

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

LazyMaybe posted:

r/AskHistorians is ok.

it's funny how redditors writ large simply do not understand the concept of an actually moderated space where you need sources for what you post, so every remotely popular question gets filled up with a lot of [deleted] as idiots kramer in to give their uninformed take before getting shot down

Might pop over there to see how they fared on the 20th, lol.

Bet there are a whole bunch of [deleted].

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
r/aww is full of cute animals
r/natureislit is full of awesome nature photos
r/peoplefuckingdying is full of schadenfreude - do NOT confuse with r/peopledying
r/facepalm is full of people being idiots
r/damnthatsinteresting is full of cool photos

You can find a lot of great subs just by scrolling r/all. But be careful, since the start of the Ukraine war, there has been a huge uptick in gore and death videos. And it's only gotten worse since Israel went full lebensraum.

Saw one today of an Israeli guy getting out of his car to pull down a Palestinian flag someone had put on the side of the road in some knee high grass only it was linked to a hidden bomb under the ground. So, when he pulled the flag out of the ground :(. Not even in a war sub, just one of those ones that's a string of random letters and numbers so you have no idea of what you're about to see when the 5 second video autoplays.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

Leon Sumbitches posted:

r/animetitties is good for world News

Just found out about this earlier. Apparently r/worldnews wasn't moderated, or they weren't doing their job, and it got overrun with people spamming and posting nudes. So the members created r/anime_titties both as a 'gently caress you' to the mods and somewhere to serious post about world news.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

goblin week posted:

r/cummingonfigurines is full of people cumming of figurines

drat, I remember hearing about that sub a million years ago. I think it was back during the pedogeddon, when goons were finding just the worst poo poo imaginable. Even with subs like deadn*****rjailbait coming to light, it still creeped me out enough to stand out in my memory.

Can't believe it's still around.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

emSparkly posted:

If someone is getting dead roaches in their coffee maker, I don’t think the machine is the problem.

Back when Australia switched to non-disposable supermarket bags all the usual subjects lost their minds over it. There was a big thing for a while in the lovely conservative media about how bad the new bags were and they showed old people with their used bags full of rotting produce and even cockroaches, trying to say this was the fault of the supermarkets somehow.

Like, mate, they didn't come from the factory full of that crap. Maybe don't run a story when your 'innocent victims' are filth pigs wallowing in their own poo poo all the time.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
Precisely :hmmyes:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
So glad they've shut that poo poo down in Australia.

Still going to be a huge health deal in 20 years or so when it all catches up to the kids who were doing it with random poo poo they bought online.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Why the poo poo is this stupid drake/kendrick beef showing up in the most arbitrary feeds?

Better than all the incels losing their poo poo over the man/bear meme.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

that's just called being rich
it's nepotism when your parents use their connections to important people to get you advantages in life (rather than just using money, which is regular old capitalism)

Like how Taylor Swift's dad paid a record company $300,000 to sign her on.

As opposed to:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

PhazonLink posted:

asking just in general not just for reddit, when did account creation policies no longer require doing a complete email verification, like many account creation processes are just enter an address or phone# and password and thats it.

no waiting for an email with a link or a text with a passnum.

Reddit used to really like child sex abuse images. I mean really like them.

Letting people make account without even a pretence of identifying themselves is a feature not a bug.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
Reddit will always find time for "females are stupid whores" posts.

We're by no means above that here, but goddamn this site is so much better* when it comes to not being misogynists, homophobes and general all-round bigots.

* now

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
Just make an anti-genocide post in the Israel sub. That should get you an account ban real quick.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
Go try it, then.

e: also, didn't we just have this discussion a week ago?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

emSparkly posted:

Contacting people outside prison is a whole racket. Much like the rest of the prison system.

The prison system in the US is unbelievably bad.

I remember once a goon had a total meltdown after we told him you have to pay to be on parole and, if you can't make your payments, they put you back in prison. He just refused to believe it. Can't say I blame him.

In Florida, prisoners are charged $50 for every single day they're in prison. If they're released early they still have to pay $50 for the entirety of their original sentence. So, if you get released 10 years early for good behaviour, you must pay $50 a day for the next 10 years or they throw you back in jail.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

Antifa Spacemarine posted:

The popular feed keeps suggesting r/looksmaxxing which seems to be the newest form of hot women posting selfies and all the incels flooding in to drop the most pathetic "burns" or creepy horny posting.

Is it "look maxxing" or "look, Smaxxing"?

fake edit: wow, that image has just all the pixels.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
Now I'm worried it's like the incel subs where they have names for the length of the bit between the nose and lips.

And care about wrist circumference.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
Same creeps, different subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation