Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Ben Nevis posted:

Too many mouths to feed? For the Giants? Without OBJ last year, the only offense they outproduced was the Browns. With Benjamin back, they now have 2 mouths to feed.

You're also forgetting Evan Engram who was and will continue to be a very integral part of that offense, and Sterling Shepard who Did Things in the few games he played last season. In the end it's really impossible to project out what the Giants offense is going to look like this year by using last year as a baseline because the entire coaching staff and a shitton of the roster has turned over. I see them playing out a little bit like the Saints offense traditionally does in that they have a stacked offensive roster filled with guys who all have the potential for a top 5 performance on any given week, but you'll never know which one is going to pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

coronaball posted:

The Giants do not have a "stacked" offensive roster. They have a WR1 who is coming back from injury and appears to also be a headcase/suspension risk. They have an ancient QB who is 4-5 years past his prime. And they have Engram, who is very good. Everyone else is a JAG or worse.

Define "stacked" then? I mean, they don't have a superstar at every skill position but that is nearly impossible in the modern NFL. Assuming that Saquon is even half of what he is hyped up to be, the Giants will be rolling out an elite WR1, elite RB and good/maybe elite TE. That's as good or better than some of the best offenses in the league. I agree that Eli is past his prime, but he can still make plays when the pocket doesn't collapse within a second of snapping the ball and accordingly there have been a lot of moves to shore up the O-line this off-season.

I'm not saying they are locked and loaded to put up 40 points per game, but like I said, the Giants' roster is very analogous to what other high-powered offenses like the Saints, Falcons or Steelers have. I don't think there's any reason to doubt that the pieces are there to put up a lot of points, it's all about whether the players and coaching staff can gel and execute.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Not totally sold on the trade, but I agree about Cook being a potentially huge fantasy asset. If you liked Kirk to Chris Thompson magic last year, hold onto your butts.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Isn't it awesome when scandalous news comes out about a player literally minutes after you drafted him? Not sure if this ends up being anything, but something to watch.

OBJ accused of soliciting woman for sex

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

GoonTier?????????????

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Tiptoes posted:

Do you really expect the dudes bored and mock drafting on FFCalc in May to have their rankings finalized? They're going to read information as it is published over the summer and change their minds about players. It's weird to say that's due to "industry navel gazing" and not just basic research.

Edit: In our first goon slow draft, McKinnon went 3.11 and that was early May. Goons knew what was up.

The point is that McKinnon hype escalated over those months in large part because of the echo chamber that is offseason FF writing. There was literally not one shred of new information in the two months between the draft and camp, but his stock shot up like crazy.

In other news, how do you guys value Guice? I am trying to get as many shares as I can get at his current ADP (mid-third round). I also think Derrick Henry is still majorly undervalued.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 3, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Around the NFL is the best football pod, but they do little to no fantasy content. I like 4for4 for fantasy taeks but it's more like a briefing than entertainment.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

A sprained MCL isn't going to tank his season. Worst case scenario he is eased into the starting job while he gets practice reps in and has a sluggish start. If the hype is real and he is an NFL-caliber starter, I would think that should still be apparent within the first couple weeks of the regular season.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Welp. There goes my RB2 in Goon Fish Bowl. Hopefully something materializes out of the Broncos backfield.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

The football guys draft app will do it, costs :5bux: on the app/play store.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

RCarr posted:

Nice thanks

Edit: I bought it and there doesn’t seem to be any auction $ values...

You can definitely set it to show auction values based on league settings, but I missed the part about dynasty rankings, so for that I apologize.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Here's my draft in the SA beer league. $200 auction, 0.5 PPR:

code:
	QB:	Russell Wilson		($16)
	RB1:	Zeke Elliot		($69)
	RB2:	Leonard Fournette	($52)
	WR1:	Marquise Goodwin	($14)
	WR2:	Keelan Cole		($6)
	TE:	Kyle Rudolph		($11)
	Flex:	Kelvin Benjamin		($4)
	D/ST:	Chargers		($1)
	K:	Will Lutz		($1)

Bench:	Chris Thompson		($4)
	Bench:	Robby Anderson		($8)
	Bench:	Sterling Shepard	($3)
	Bench:	Ronald Jones		($3)
	Bench:	DJ Moore		($3)
	Bench:	Tyler Lockett		($2)
	Bench:	Jared Goff		($2)

Every time I look at this team I feel differently. Obviously my WRs are a big weakness but I think that some of those guys could be sneaky good this year and Zeke and Fournette should make up a lot of the slack. Not sure why I drafted 2 QBs or paid that much for Rudolph...but that's beer league.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 29, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

2 qb keeper league with 0.5 PPR, already keeping Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins. The keeper system is weird so without going too deep into the particulars, would you rather:

A.) keep Alex Collins (or Jamaal William, but I'm def leaning Collins) for a 5th
B.) Keep Marvin Jones for free
C.) Keep neither and gain an early 4th round pick?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Office league, full PPR. I almost feel bad about how much this team rules.

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Derrick Henry
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
WR: Tyreek Hill
TE: Evan Engram
Flex: Amari Cooper

Bench: Mark Ingram
Bench: Alfred Morris
Bench: Keelan Cole
Bench: Marquise Goodwin
Bench: Sterling Shepard
Bench: Tyler Lockett
Bench: John Brown

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Who should I drop for a kicker? 2QB keeper league, 6 PATD, 0.5 PPR

code:

QB1: Tom Brady
QB2: Deshaun Watson
RB1: Alex Collins
RB2: Jay Ajayi
WR1: DeAndre Hopkins
WR2: T.Y. Hilton
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Larry Fitzgerald
DST: Ravens

Bench: Josh Rosen
Bench: Mark Ingram
Bench: Isaiah Crowell
Bench: James Conner
Bench: Kelvin Benjamin
Bench: Jamison Crowder

Seems like Rosen should be the guy, but I drafted him in the second to last round and am kind of banking on him being a good keeper for next year, so I'd like to see how he looks before I make the drop. I'm pretty strong at WR so maybe Benjamin gets the drop. He's the unquestioned WR1 but I guess it doesn't mean much when Nate Peterson is the one doing the throwing.

E: I could also try to package Conner + 1 in a 2 for 1 trade to the Bell owner, but his team is kind of rear end.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 5, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

sourdough posted:

How many teams? What's the wire look like for QBs? I'd hesitate dropping Rosen if it's a 12 teamer. Rather dump Kelvin, or wait and see if news about Bell comes out to make trading/dropping Conner easier.

12 teams, the waiver wire is expectedly barren of QBs (Foles, Fitzpatrick and Nate Peterman being the only starting ones with Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen being the only others worth a shot).

Yeah I guess I'll wait a bit to see if there's any clarity with the Bell situation and if not I'll drop Kelvin.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

RE: Ajayi, I read a good take on Reddit that it's entirely possible that the game plan was designed to give the ball to Sproles/Clement early to keep the defense honest and then to put a fresh Ajayi in once the front 7 was tired to pound the ball down the middle. I don't think we can say with any degree of certainty whether there's merit to that or whether the Eagles will continue to scheme that way, but it does make sense to me. One thing I'm pretty confident about is that this wasn't a hot hand approach and it was entirely by design that Ajayi didn't see the ball early on, whether it be due to game plan or easing him in due to injury or whatever who can say. He also looked pretty good, with a lot of burst and speed through the hole.

Either way, I'm happy with the way he's being used so far and feel much more comfortable with him as my RB2 than I did when I drafted him.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

RCarr posted:

I think Cooper for Hill is a lateral trade this year.

Dude, relax with the awful takes.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Dont get me wrong, I own some shares of Cooper and would love it if the off-season narrative about a comeback season comes true, but I doubt it. The Gruden experience is going to really gently caress us up.

Hill is one of the fastest WRs in the league on an Andy Reid offense with a rocket-armed gunslinger under center. Reid showed that he knows how to use Hill last year and I don't see why that would change this year. If anything Mahomes is a better fit for what they're trying to do than Alex Smith was, so they'll be explosive even taking into account the inevitable rookie mistakes. Not to mention that KC's defense is going to be bad, so they'll be forced to sling it whether they want to or not.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

ShaneB posted:

Hill is the fastest player in the NFL.

Actually I think that distinction now goes to John Ross from the Bengals. Speaking of, I've been stockpiling shares of him too. Curious to see how the Bengals look this Sunday against the lovely Colts D.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Keith Atherton posted:

He's Jacksonville's #1 WR

I'm thinking of starting him over Demaryius Thomas as my WR 2

I'd say that's getting too cute in week 1. Stick with the proven WR and see how things shake out.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Do any of you guys understand what is happening in the Broncos game RE: Freeman vs. Lindsay? Today was the first time I've ever even heard Lindsay's name and yet he seems to be playing in every series. Did I miss an injury or something?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I'm not a Packers fan, but I am irrationally angry about this Rodgers injury nonetheless.

Like, I don't even care if I ended up being buried by Aaron Rodgers later in the season...the league is simply more exciting when he's healthy.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Azhais posted:

He's had that same look on his face since 2006

So anyone standing out on the Bears offense? Does Trubosky actually look good or is this mostly Collinsworth blowing smoke? To me it seems like Howard and Cohen continue to minimalize each other's value, and Robinson looks healthy but not super exciting.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 10, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Should I drop the Ravens D/ST and pick up the Bears or nah?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

DeepDickPizza posted:

You should pick up the Bears and package the Ravens in a trade.

I don't have the bench space for that...maybe if the Ravens weren't playing tonight I'd have a chance at making the trade first. Oh well, I'll roll with these guys.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

I don't have the bench space for that...maybe if the Ravens weren't playing tonight I'd have a chance at making the trade first. Oh well, I'll roll with these guys.

This plan is certainly panning out.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

It's pretty much the same with every skill position. Every year there's a narrative in the preseason about how this year the player pool is so deep at X and by week 2 we are all reminded that the football gods dgaf about deep positional pools. I'm still a pretty big proponent of zero RB as a result, but last year that just resulted in me getting burned by Julio and OBJ instead so :shrug:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Papes posted:

Obj definitely hurt but Julio was wr7 last year.

Julio was the WR4 last year in my 0.5 PPR league, and yeah that's really great in hindsight. But go back and look at the numbers and you quickly see that he was mediocre at best for 3/4 of the regular fantasy season and his final rank was propped up enormously by the 45 points he put up in week 12 (which included 2 out of his 3 TDs for the entire season). Week 12 literally accounted for more than 20% of his entire season's output.

Games like that are nice and all, but not if the rest of his season is trash. I don't get extra wins for blowing out my opponent by 100 points in one week.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 14, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Keith Atherton posted:

I've got both but I'm waiting a week or two to decide which to keep. Probably Cole.

Yeah I agree, we gotta see how Rodgers deals with his knee problem but at the end of the day it seems like a toss-up. Would you rather have the WR1 on a run-first team led by Blake Bortles, or the WR3 on a pass-first team led by Aaron Rodgers? One dude is going to get peppered with a lot of low quality targets and the other dude is going to get a minimal amount of really high quality targets.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

See, I thought about the ARob comparison too, but I don't think it applies. The Jags team that ARob played on was starting Denard Robinson and TJ Yeldon at RB, had zero defense, and was routinely getting 40 burgers dropped on them. There was nothing else for Bortles to do in the second half than throw to ARob repeatedly. Today's Jaguars are a very different team built around defense, chewing up the clock, and minimizing the amount of work that Bortles has to do as much as possible.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

You are not very strong at RB and that trade forces you to give away some good depth (plus there's a good chance that Crowell actually holds onto the starting job), so I don't think I'd do it.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

His problem with addiction runs a lot deeper than "loves smoking weed," go gently caress yourself dude.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Get Mahomes, no question.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I am carrying two QBs (Wilson and Goff) and Bort is a FA. Bort > Goff?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

This may be a dumb question, but is Royce Freeman a hold or should I drop him for Ekeler in a .5 PPR? Lindsay seems to be taking over... Ekeler is still available because this league has short benches.

Anyone else you can drop? Royce still has a lot of potential and I don't think that the backfield has really settled out yet. Lindsay has looked electric and earned carries but I don't think he's sized for every-down work.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 19, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

0.5 PPR

My Jay Ajayi and Tyler Lockett for his Davante Adams

My other RBs are Conner, Collins, Ingram and Crowell

My WRs are Nuk, TY Hilton, and Fitzgerald

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Didn't Ajayi also sustain some sort of knee injury during the game? That could explain the snap count split a little bit, although it doesn't really improve the situation overall. I really wish I had sold high on Ajayi after week 1.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

How many times do you think we'll read a news report this season about how the Falcons are "looking for ways to get Julio more involved." He's one of the best loving WRs in the NFL...why is this so difficult?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I've made this point before, but the main issue with Julio Jones as a fantasy commodity is that he's inconsistent. It isn't obvious when you look at the season-long stats or his pace for this year because he actually does consistently finish as a top 5 WR and in that sense I guess he will once again justify his ADP. The problem is that his production is going to be clumped into 3 or 4 monster games again this year just like it has been for the past few seasons. It's nice that he can basically guarantee me a couple of fantasy wins when he puts up 40 points in a given week, but the other 8 or 9 weeks feel pretty lovely when my first round pick gives me a big 7 points.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 8, 2018