Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
it's only been a few months but my body and mind are ready

that is until i lose my top 3 picks to injuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea always a good idea to post your roster with rookie draft/trade questions

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone familiar with the Colts have any idea what Marlon Mack's upside is for the upcoming season?

He's like my only other keeper option at a 10th round cost. Might have to just go with 1/2 keepers if he's not worth it.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

They shored up their line, got rid of Gore, and may have a top 3 QB coming back. Upside is mid-high RB2, as I see it.

Downside is if Mack just sucks/isn't fully recovered from shoulder surgery. Colts also drafted a couple of late backs, including a guy named Wilkins who has some buzz for a fifth rounder. Downside is Mack is worthless after week 2

Thanks, yeah i remembered them drafting RB's and getting rid of Gore but nothing else besides that.

I'm have the 3rd overall pick atm and already keeping Dalvin Cook as a 3rd rounder. If better news regarding Mack starts dripping out as the year goes on i think i may just keep Cook as a 3rd, Mack as a 10th, and draft a top tier RB at 3rd overall and focus on WR's.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
you just aided and abetted a self robbery

i'm just sitting here lol'in that the dude not only offered you a 2.05 for your 2.02 but also threw in the 2.07 and 2.08 in addition to the 2 best players in the deal

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

I'm confused. Are those picks for this year or next year? It says 2018, but Chubb was drafted, so I am unsure.

Also, holy gently caress did that guy really give you Fournette AND three seconds in a super deep rookie draft? Is he a Georgia homer who really loves Chubb?

Looks like for this year, they are probably just getting into the 2nd round and Chubb was drafted already.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

Actually in dynasty, I think it's a more viable strategy. I consider it a hedge.

All three of those are guys I'd be excited to have in the second round. It's a shame you weren't able to grab a running back though.

It's cool, he already got Fournette in exchange for a peanut. heh

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
working out some potential things in my head currently about keeper assets

I have to decide between 2 of these in a 1 PPR league, draft round and pick are included. If i pick 2 of the 10.9s, one will become 9.4

Thinking Cook for sure, but the 2nd one is a bit of a toss up especially due to it being a full PPR league and i just know i'm gonna end up picking the wrong one.

Dalvin Cook (3.4)
Marlon Mack (10.9)
Tarik Cohen (10.9)
Alex Collins (10.9)
Duke Johnson (10.9)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea, my biggest worry with Mack so far is if Hines will be the 3rd down/passing down back in Indy. If that's the case that severely reduces Mack's upside in a full PPR league, though i guess that won't be fully clear until we get closer.

I guess there's also Turbin's threat of stealing TD's as well.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is there a website where i can mock draft similar to the fantasypros mock draft, but i can do it for all 12 teams simultaneously?

yea i'm a bored fucker with computer access at work.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

That boy was going to get 100 targets. Holy hell.

now Keenan Allen gets 300 targets

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just make your own MFL league.

Man using MFL for those slow drafts last year has me never wanting to use it again. hah

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
The strategy of waiting til the 3rd to last round to grab a QB is great when you're thinking about it.

But there's a 100% chance in a draft with your RL friends that's not gonna end up happening when dumb asses in your league start grabbing back up QB's in the 10th round and you're stuck with Sam Bradford in the 12th if you go according to your plan.

Most everyone here can agree that waiting on a QB is the best route, but people here don't mainly draft with goons which lots of times renders our strategies moot outside this forum.

Looking back at my drafts last year, in nearly all my redraft leagues I was p much forced to grab a QB earlier than i wanted too just so i wouldn't end up with a bottom half QB.

Now in the end, this will just benefit us as we're able to pick lots more value at WR/RB, so thank god for dumb friends.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 30, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
hey guys, you should totally draft whatever TE the packers signed.

- burnt to a crisp person who says that every year

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Can you do "TE's who arent just blocking TEs that finished anything but bottom 20 for Aaron in a high powered offense" ??

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm just here to add that Dixon was supposed to win out due to superior talent since he's been in the league and has burned me everytime i've fallen for that scam. Don't be like me

If you think he'll be worth a diddly, he's probably going undrafted and you can just grab him then as insurance.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 6, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Benne posted:

Congrats to Corey Coleman for somehow getting a QB downgrade from the Browns

Imagine being stuck with what the Browns had for the last 2 years and then once that started to look promising, you get traded to the 2018 Bills.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

Thompson will be on the field week 1. Not sure where this mid-November talk is coming from.

From his own lips. He will most likely be a go for week 1 but he has said he doesn't believe he'll be back to his previous form/full strength until November.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm able to keep Dalvin Cook at 3.4 in a 12 team league, that's a yes right?

Haven't followed him too much this offseason but i guess all indications are he's been ready since training camp started?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

That’s not just a yes, but a hell yes.

Thanks, i'm hoping we get to see him for a bit in preseason.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Zach Ertz for a 7th or Will Fuller for a 14th as a keeper in .5 PPR? Keeping again next year would move them up 3 rounds

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Thoughts on Trey Burton?

Saw a bit of the preseason game last night and it looked like Trubinsky was leaning on him hard.

I can either keep Ertz for a 7th or Burton for a 14th. Clearly Ertz is a top 3 TE and Burton is a bit of a question mark, but the current Eagles QB situation is making me a bit jumpy, but i'm probably being dumb and should stay away from the Bears.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 19, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

I thought his ADP was a bit out of control, but now I'm wondering. Especially if the injury to Shaheen is serious.

Yea i don't think i'd take him at his ADP, but since it's a keeper league and he'd cost me a 14th compared to a 7th for Ertz. If the injury to Shaheen is indeed serious, it's giving me some serious thought.

Adding into that Wentz looking 50/50 being ready for week 1 and Foles injury.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Hey Beer, how often are you running beersheets atm? is it still just every sunday?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Every Tuesdays and Fridays, my work, family, and tabletop miniature wargaming obligations permitting.

Sweet thanks, that case i'll wait until Tuesdays.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
In a 1PPR league i'm most likely looking at my first round pick coming down to Beckham or Hopkins, as i'm already keeping Dalvin Cook and Alex Collins for my RB spots.

Do i go with Hopkins or Beckham? There's a chance DJ falls to me at #4 also (Gurley and Kamara are being kept). Zeke most likely will be available but i'm iffy on that dallas situation. We start 2RB 2WR and a flex

I'm anticipating it going in some order these 3 first Bell, DJ, AB84 and then me.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
In a 12 teamer i'd consider taking Wilkins currently as a late rounder

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

How did Gordon slip to pick #12?

He's gonna be better than Kamara, you know.

Slipped? He's been getting drafted around the turn in both drafts i've been in and his ADP is also around there. You're the minority that's taking him top 5

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With those keeper costs, your team is gonna be incredibly stacked regardless.

Do you guys not have an increasing penalty cost for keepers? Those are both like 3 year keepers at a bottom barrel cost

Do you know your draft order?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 29, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just finished up my keeper league draft. Think i did okay, hitched myself up to the Vikings offense, so hopefully that doesn't bite me in the rear end. Also waited to grab a TE with plans to stream most likely, unfortunately most of my league likes to carry 2 TE's.

1 PPR

QB Kirk Cousins
RB Saquon Barkley
RB Dalvin Cook
WR Adam Thielan
WR Ty Hilton
TE Eric Ebron
WRT Brandin Cooks
BN Tevin Coleman
BN Pierre Garcon
BN Jamison Crowder
BN Alex Collins
BN Chris Thompson
K Gould
D Baltimore

Cook and Collins were keepers

Hoping Baltimore is decent enough again but will be streaming Kickers. Other TE's available are Clay, ASJ, Eifert, Mcdonald if any of those are better options to grab?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 30, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

You know, they say that all TE's are created equal after the Top 5 TEs, but you look at Jordan Reed and Delanie Walker and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you plug in Delanie Walker, you have a 50/50 chance of winning. But, Jordan Reed is a genetic freak, and he's not normal. So, Walker has 25% AT BEST, at beat Reed. Then, you add Vernon Davis into the mix, Delanie's chances of scoring more drastic go down. Add both of Vernon & Reed's points together and that's a Top 10 TE. Alex Smith has the highest QB career percentage thrown to TEs. See, in fantasy in 2018, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning with just any TE, but Reed & Vernon got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning your week, because Alex Smith KNOWS Redskins WRs can't catch and he's not even gonna try!

So, drafting Delanie Walker over Jordan Reed, take your 33 1/3 chance, minus Reed & Vernon's 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning with Delanie. But, then you take Jordan Vernon Davis Reed's 75% chance of winning, if they could go one on one in fantasy and then add 66 2/3 per cents, Vernon Jordan Reed Davis has a 141 2/3 chance of winning your league this year.

The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for drafting Delanie Walker over Jordan Reed.

my head hurts just reading your silly numbers to justify taking an injury riddled Reed and also having to spend a bench spot on his now nearly 35 year old backup instead of just taking Walker and grabbing a high value lotto ticket instead.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 31, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I also dropped my kicker earlier to grab him and now don't know if i even have space to keep him.

bench is currently
Tevin Coleman
Garcon
Chris Thompson
Crowder
Alex Collins
Alfred Morris

1 PPR

Any ideas or am i still just gonna end up dropping morris?

edit: added starting RB/WRs

Dalvin Cook
Saquon Barkley
TY Hilton
Adam Thielan
Brandin Cooks

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 2, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

I would order the RBs as such in 1ppr:

,,, > Collins > Coleman > CThomp > Alf

On your team, he’s trade bait. See if you can get the McKinnon owner to trade a WR better than Crowder.

Yea that's what i was thinking but he's pretty thin at WR also, only having 4 which are Beckham, Davante Adams, Emmanuel Sanders, and Rishard Matthews. I don't think he'd give up Beckham or Adams.

His RB's now are downright mediocre with only Dion Lewis, Beast Mode, and RoJo left.

Not sure if i want to target Sanders?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

I’m dropping Chris Thompson or Garcon over a NFL starting RB.

Alf gonna be the workhorse now in SF.

Yea i'm stashing Thompson in hopes he returns to form because he's gonna be cash in 1 ppr. You'd drop Garcon before Crowder? If i couldn't work out a trade i was thinking about cutting Crowder since he'd only see the starting lineup probably during byes or if injuries piled up.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

I’m a crowder homer and even more so this year with check down smith leading the charge. He’s the WR1 for wash. Garcon is WR2 in SF and old lol.

Fair point on Smith, though Crowder was also the WR1 for Wash last year and didn't do enough to make me start him much, i grabbed him last year thinking the same thing. Don't even think he cracked my starting lineup more than once last year.

Hopefully it's all moot and i can work out a trade in the next few days.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 2, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

I also dropped my kicker earlier to grab him and now don't know if i even have space to keep him.

bench is currently
Tevin Coleman
Garcon
Chris Thompson
Crowder
Alex Collins
Alfred Morris

1 PPR

Any ideas or am i still just gonna end up dropping morris?

edit: added starting RB/WRs

Dalvin Cook
Saquon Barkley
TY Hilton
Adam Thielan
Brandin Cooks

So i received an offer giving me Greg Olsen for Brandin Cooks. He also has Jimmy Graham as his starting TE. My current TE is Ebron as i was mostly planning on streaming, but Olsen would solidify that roster spot and i'd be able to keep Morris while dropping Ebron. Cooks is currently one of my flex options, thoughts on this trade?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Normally i wouldn't think about that trade too much, but i'm looking at having to drop someone to pick up a kicker in the next few days if i can't work out a trade.

I'm just considering this trade as it'd solidify my streaming TE position and i wouldn't have to drop any of my WR/RB players and can just drop Ebron. Also imo my entire bench is flex worthy i think, so it might help with no having to decide between so many. But yea the cost may be too much.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 3, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I just noticed in my keeper league some dude didn't keep Mckinnon at a 10th round cost. Then proceeded to draft him in the 3rd round and he tore his ACL the day after our draft.

He also turned down my trade offers sending him Morris because his other 2 RB's should be fine for now. One of them is RoJo.

hahahahaha

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just did my first auction league in a while and think i did good. Short on top tier players though.

.5 PPR with a superflex $200 budget

QB: Philip Rivers $5
RB: Melvin Gordon $48
RB: Royce Freeman $5
WR: Stefon Diggs $24
WR: Larry Fitzgerald $17
TE: Kyle Rudolph $3
FLEX: Handsome Jimmy $3
K: lol
DEF: Vikings $2
BN: Juju $12
BN: Alshon Jeffrey $10
BN: Dion Lewis $8
BN: Brandin Cooks $8
BN: Demaryius Thomas $9
BN: Rex Burkhead $2

I was mostly passive during the first 20 or so picks but went in on Gordon before all the top RB's were gone. Was able to snag some value when most other players overbid early.

Thoughts? Think i'm real weak at RB after Gordon so i'll possibly be trade targeting something.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

pmchem posted:

I cannot fathom how Royce went for $5, was this an 8 team league?

It was a 10 teamer, a lot of the top tier RB/WR's went for a lot.