Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The Giants do not have a "stacked" offensive roster. They have a WR1 who is coming back from injury and appears to also be a headcase/suspension risk. They have an ancient QB who is 4-5 years past his prime. And they have Engram, who is very good. Everyone else is a JAG or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I will renew the Goon Money League and make a thread tonight. I am behind schedule this year. Perhaps still basking in the afterglow of my incredible championship.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Im so old that I had a team with a Favre/Bubba Franks stack.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

coronaball posted:

I will renew the Goon Money League and make a thread tonight. I am behind schedule this year. Perhaps still basking in the afterglow of my incredible championship.

As promised:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862770&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Feel free to join the waitlist, we usually turnover 3-4 teams each year!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ahhh the first "my commissioner did this insane/stupid poo poo" post of the new season. Now I know we're back.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Both Bell and Zeke are facing likely yearlong bans if they have any more off the field issues, whereas Davod Johnson appears to be an angel. I think they are both past that stuff, but it's still a non-zero risk.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Can we put a link to the Beersheets in the OP?

And can someone post the link since I am stuck phone-posting and unable to find it? :(

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Draft for my main league was last night and I was helping run it so I got to spend zero time between picks looking at stuff or even hunting for sleepers.

How boned am I?

12 Team .5 PPR Keeper League
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE

1st: Bell - Keeper
2nd: M. Thomas
3rd: x
4th: Collins - Keeper
5th: D. Thomas
6th: E. Engram
7th: Big Ben
8th: x
9th: E. Sanders
10th: Jamaal Williams
10th: Cooper Kupp
10th: CJ Anderson
11th: Aaron Jones
12th: Jared Goff
13th: Chargers D/ST
14th: Theo Riddick
15th: Matt Breida
16th: Tyrell Williams

Where are your 3rd and 8th round picks? Lost due to the keepers??

Having DT and Sanders as your WR2 options is strange and will be frustrating for you unless Denver turns into some type of surprise offensive juggernaut. If one or the other has a big game in the early season, trade him.

The Big Ben pick was ghastly. He does have a good playoff schedule though (if you get there)

Your bench is full of guys who will not be startable unless there are injuries on the depth chart ahead of them.

There's little to like here, unfortunately. :(

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I feel like Kittle and RSJ are unlikely to be drafted.

Titans had a questionable passing game because of that bullshit "exotic smashmouth" approach that is now dead. Taylor seems to have more first-team reps that anyone else, but is he really going to outperform Corey Davis?

I have no loving clue.

FWIW Kittle was undrafted in my 12 teamer the other day, and I live in NorCal. His lack of name recognition and apparent brittleness has him totally off the radar.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I thought I had sneaky value in drafting Ronald Jones in the 7th round the other day, but it looks far from it. He might need Peyton Barber to get injured to be relevant. Oops.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

89 posted:

Kamara is this year's First Round CJ Spiller and Ezekial Elliott is a Cowboy. David Johnson and Antonio Brown went before me.

I'm #5, Pearce.

I would add Ekeler if possible. I know there are mixed feelings about handcuffing butI think its important when you have big benches and when the handcuff would clearly be at least an RB2 if the main guy got hurt.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Gorman Thomas posted:

0.5 PPR
I give Zeke + DT
I get DJ + Juju

I really like DJ over Zeke right now and I have DT/JuJu as a push (I'm really low on DT and like Sanders a lot better). I'm initiating the trade and the other guy seems open to it. Thoughts?

Seems fine. Trade for the players you like!

There are whispers of DT being traded to NE, but only whispers.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Eli got Evan Engram killed?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Peyton Barber is the definite starter. Barring injury RoJo might be the guy I drop for a DST.

EDIT: And then he makes that catch.

I was thinking about dropping him for a K, then he played the whole 2nd series and made that catch. I think the play that Fitz got sacked he was the intended receiver as well.

I dunno.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Deep leaguers/0 RB people should consider rostering Alfred Morris, especially if you have McKinnon.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Enemu posted:

12 team 0.5 PPR, 1st pick

QB: C. Newton/M. Trubisky
RB: T. Gurley II/J. Mixon/D. Lewis/J. Kelly
WR: T.Y. Hilton/M. Jones Jr/P. Garcon/C. Kupp/R. Matthews
TE: E. Engram/O.J. Howard
D/S/T: Vikings
K: J. Tucker

Bench is meh, but I'm happy with my starters.

Trubisky has no role on your team since Cam is an every week starter.. Drop him for another RB. Other than that it looks good.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

FAAB is fairest, but can be scary for noobs and casuals.

Continuous rolling list is second best.

Reverse order of standings is terrible because it rewards failure and, in extreme cases, outright tanking.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Akiosan posted:

Don't ask me how people let me get this team but I am wondering who to cut for a kicker and defense.

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex/K/DST .5ppr 10 teams yahoo normal scoring for the rest.

Todd Gurley
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce
Christian McCaffrey
Mike Evans
Doug Baldwin
Lesean McCoy
Dion Lewis
Tevin Coleman
Corey Davis
Ben Roethlisberger
Andrew Luck
Rashaad Penny
Kenny Stills
Pierre Garcon

I am thinking Garcon and Stills but I am worried about being too shallow in WR in a 3 WR league.

Normally I wouldn't bother to roster a backup QB in a 10 teamer, but Big Ben is almost useless in road games so I think its OK to have Luck too for matchups.

I would drop both Stills and Penny.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

8th pick out of 10, standard yahoo scoring.

pretty happy with it.

Having Marvin and Golladay might drive you crazy. On the other hand, if one or the other gets hurt, you're golden.

Seattle's defense will be a shell of what it was before. Lose it and stream defenses.

All the rest of that is very good. I love Tyreek in no-PPR, and you might have 3 RB1s!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Good point. Hrmm. Any of the guys below do anything for ya? 14 team league with deep benches mean not a lot available which is why I doubled up on QB and TE. I normally would never.

Half this list is players who have retired or are out for the season. Gore is the only one Who has any type of fantasy relevance.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

I really can’t get over this Charles sims news

A sad end for a player once described in this forum as "Matt Forte Lite".

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ben Nevis posted:

So this RoJo guy. He isn't good.

My God. I think I'm going to drop him for a kicker.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

RTM posted:

George Kittle or Eric Ebron in a .5 PPR league? I waited on a TE and everyone had drafted their backups by the time I picked so pickins were sliiiiiiiiiiiim

Kittle probably has more upside, if healthy. Which he often isn't.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

NFL.com also wont load if you have a VPN apparently, which is a new annoyance this year.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I ended up with this team in a 12 team PPR league after doing basically zero research before the draft. Picked 7th. Anything in general I should look to shore up?

Sproles was my last pick and was basically because I didn't really know who was worth picking at that point.

The Breida news is pretty nice though, almost picked Morris earlier in the draft but decided to wait and take Breida instead like three rounds later.

This team is a PPR powerhouse. You should be thrilled. You might want to start Goodwin over Woods most weeks, but probably not in Week 1 at Minn.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

Has anyone made any successful Bell acquisitions?

A friend saw him drafted at #7 last night. The headlines are scary to low info casual players. You may get a discount if you draft tonight or tomorrow or buy low tonight or tomorrow. Unless he reports tomorrow, that is.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

This Leveon news has my mind racing. I have the #8 pick in a draft tonight. Will Bell fall that far? What round should Conner go in? I have no idea.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

kiimo posted:

Can someone please tell me what benefit I have by picking up James Conner as a Bell owner? I've seriously never understood the logic of a handcuff.

Like...I drafted other running backs for a reason. Why should I pick up James Conner and assume that he'll be better than flexing Marquis Goodwin or something?

I don't get it. It's not like Pittsburgh has this brilliant offensive line, Bell is the talent.

Because if Bell is not there, he is the unquestioned starter in a good offense?

Strange question.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

dy. posted:

Ugh this is killing me.

I've had a tab open for 'Drop Mike Williams for James Conner' for like 2 hours.

This is not that complicated. He is a starting running back for somewhere between 1-10 weeks. That is worth much more than the worst player on your bench.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

RCarr posted:

A guy in my league needs to drop either Garcon or Jimmy G (his worst 2 players) to fill his last defensive player slot.

I was thinking of offering him a late 2019 pick for one of them, since he will surely do that rather than dropping them for nothing.

Would you drop anyone off this team for either of them? And which one should I target? It's a 0.5 PPR league.

Is rather have G than Cohen in that spot since you can use G when Big Ben is on the road, where he sucks. Cohen is your RB6 and would probably never be used.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

RCarr posted:

I should drop Cohen over Morris?

I value Morris over Cohen. Others might not.

Unrelated: the Steelers-Browns game is going to be a sloppy and windy mess.

https://wp.me/p14QSB-aHPS

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I would trade away Diggs for Mixon. I would not do so for Freeman. Neither trade is "crazy" though.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

So apparently you can put an "Out" player in the IR spot on Yahoo? That's not what I wanted when I added the IR spot, I only wanted it for players on the actual IR. Is there a way to turn that off? I need to figure this out for the Olson owners in my leagues.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Chernabog posted:

I should stream Big Ben over Dalton this week, right? He was just dropped.

Edit: It seems like he has a minor elbow injury though.

Yes, and keep using Ben for the next month or so and drop Dalton entirely.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

decypher posted:

True, lots of talent to be had. Leaning heading the suggestion and just dropping Baldwin for Thompson if I can't find a trade for Baldwin.

No one is going to trade you anything for a guy who is out 2-6 weeks. At least, nothing that you would want in a 10 team league.

Edit: I see it is PPR. If Thompson is a FA add him immediately

coronaball fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 12, 2018

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

i can't fix anything about this because there's no veto in Yahoo's money leagues but Marshawn Lynch for Odell Beckham Jr. straight up is a hilariously lopsided trade right?

I thought Yahoo itself was the arbiter of trade vetoes in Pro leagues.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Baldwin will probably be listed as Out after today's practice report.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I would not offer anything but my end of the bench player for Gordon, the odds are probably over 50% that he gets permabanned within a month.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

So I am thinking of dropping Winston for Corey Grant, which would give me all 3 Jax RBs (ugh). Who should I drop for a def?

Dynasty league with tiered scoring, .5 =wr, .75 = rb, 1pt = te.

Just drop Balt for either the Jets or Dolphins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The Niners secondary other than Sherman has been pretty terrible. Ahkello Witherspoon looks like someone who has never played DB before. If you want to sell Mahomes that's fine, but I would bet that if you wait until this time next week you'll be able to get even more for him.