Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I hope pedo Pell flees to Rome and the hip new Pope protects him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There is straight up too much sugar in almost everything, but there's no way to get companies to cut that poo poo out.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

froglet posted:

There's a thing on tomorrow by the greens about rentals (and presumably how loving atrocious they can be).

The thing that shits me is that landlord's expectations are generally way higher than they'd have of their own house.

The majority of those "mum and dad investors" they talk about are not suited to be landlord's. They're too jealous and loss averse to their property, like loving Gollum with his precious.

Power corrupts, especially very small amounts of power.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That episode of The Simpsons where the kids find Pricipal Skinner's payment records and deduce he must be a millionaire, except with idiot adults instead of kids.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's sad that a not-insignificant chunk of voters seem to vote with their party no matter what, so a crazy nut has a decent chance of getting elected if they can just weasel their way into the party.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bell jar posted:

yeah exactly, its almost as if wages are paid based on the perceived ability of the person involved and not based on the difficulty of the job. it doesn't encourage people to hire kids over adults in any industry where ability is necessary, mmg's just mad that he got turned down from a maccas job at 23.

it sucks that people aren't paid equally for a given role, but accusing it of entrenching child labor is pretty fuckin funny, considering most teenagers work to have some kind of income to spend, not out of some pressing financial need

Youth homelessness is a serious problem and only getting worse.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bell jar posted:

why arent our 7-11s staffed by children if they're so abundant and cheap to hire, surely it would be easier to commit wage theft on them

I know places like KFC and McDonalds love to give jobs to hardworking children instead of profit-leeching adults.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If Labor wins who gets put in charge of Dutton's superministry.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol at the neverending cycle of one party owning the other for falling into this hole then falling in themselves.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's cool that we can sort mentally ill people into tiers so the wrong types don't get free money, but we can't stop banks from getting a chunk of the tax cut because tiers are wrong.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted:

NBN Co on Thursday night announced it had dumped plans to provide 100 megabit per second (mbps) speeds on its fixed wireless network.

"We killed it," NBN boss Bill Morrow told a Senate Estimates committee.

Fixed wireless uses mobile phone technology to provide broadband to properties in regional areas.

Mr Morrow said consistently achieving 100mbps would cost "billions and billions of dollars" — a taxpayer spend he described as "outrageous".

lol good thing the government didn't go all in on wireless like they wanted to.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Just imagine if an islamic school did something even close to that.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Shorten killing it right now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cool, he should run for senate now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cleretic posted:

I feel like there's less to be said about the fact somebody said the N-word on live TV, and more to be said about the fact that the fact that we were so saturated with royal wedding poo poo that nobody cared about that you could drop the N-word, twice, during the coverage and nobody notices for over a week.

I'd like to know what kind of context it was in, because it has to be crazy.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bandaid.friend posted:

Shorten killing it (my enthusiasm for voting labor) right now

He almost lasted a whole day.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Since Labor didn't feel like pushing gay marriage until they lost power, maybe the next time the LNP take over Labor can trick them into shutting down off shore detention too.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Whitlam posted:

https://www.facebook.com/AngusMcAlpineGreensFootscray/ Phone/work posting so I'll just leave the link, but I don't know him which is why I ask. As someone who doesn't know him he comes across as very negative to me, and almost everything he's posted has been either slamming Labor or about refugees, with no positive policy announcements, which is not a great strategy for a state government election, especially with a fairly popular state Labor government. Also he keeps tagging things with #VicPol which someone should probably explain to him doesn't mean what he thinks it means.

Cool, next zoom in on one pixel of his teeth so we know how green they are.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol Steve Martin joined the NATs.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Do any governments ever prosecute the party they replace?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah it's pretty amazing.

The speech was great, talking about the Nationals coming back in Tasmania with no hint of shame.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dude McAwesome posted:

I’m so torn about Jacqui Lambie. Her heart’s in the right place with some things (veterans, welfare, healthcare) but she’s loving insane on things like Islam.

Can I be conflicted about that, or is the only answer guillotine / hero of the proletariat?

As an independent she can't really legislate her nutty stuff but can support decent stuff. Maybe.

I wonder if she hates Hanson and can't see the irony.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Was that actually printed or did it just make the website?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol a woman on Q&A stumbling though a bible quote to prove homosexuality is wrong.

Just regular dinky di aussies on the filthy left wing ABC.

edit: Good on Ged Kearney for not putting up with this locking-up-refugees poo poo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 28, 2018

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't get the big business tax cuts. They already don't pay, so is it just to rub it in our faces or what?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

They keep showing a video of Barnaby on the abc news channel where the lighting makes him look like a weird pink monster.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

He's apparently blaming his partner for selling the interview. What a top bloke.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe not selling stories and interviews to the media can be tacked onto the new code of conduct (of course Barnaby will be grandfathered in again.)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You'd think the LNP would be glad to be able to get rid of another woman from the party.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Saying the whiteboard wasn't her idea then literally saying "You should have seen the look on my face" is just asking to be mocked.

edit: holy poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Was this that anti-terrorism arrest that was a huge deal for a while last year or was there another, actually legit plot to bring down a plane.

• Locked thread