Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Tadano-san(chan?) is extremely powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Agronox posted:

Don't bully Komi-kun :mad:

Maybe he should speak up

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I wanna see what the dads were talking about.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Seki's parents are extremely powerful and it's a shame we don't see much of them either

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

i only watched the anime (which is legendary) i didn't know we got to see his parents though

His parents show up in the manga and each are as talented as he is, but in different ways. iirc, his mom basically works as a jack-of-all-trades sort of master craftswoman and helps out at various stores. I forget about his dad.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
:kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

You know komi and tadano and so forth are cool and all but maybe we need to devote the book to motorcycle sister instead.

Can't wait for her to interact with the other younger sibs.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

IMO Shousuke chapters are boring.

Hitomi chapters after extremely good though

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

for real tho, how often has a romcom series not gone with the "obvious" romantic option

there's really only one that comes to mind, (not sure how to hint at this without giving away the series)The Boy Who Cried Wolf Tells Another Lie Today

I legit felt sad and torn at the end of this. It wasn't an unearned ending but I was both happy and sad

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if hitomi used her awesome power for something other than taking the piss out of shousuke she would not be very good, no.

Are we sure Najimi isn't actually her sibling?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yinlock posted:

baba kingyo rules because she was clearly intended as a one-panel joke but the author had so much fun drawing this doofy-rear end girl that they threw her into every panel afterward

I don't even think the author decided on their gender when they first appeared and eventually settled on the least expected possibility.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mirage posted:

I've been rereading this from the beginning, and it's amazing how often characters show up before they're "formally" introduced. Satou Aimi (the sweet girl who can't say no to anybody) pops up a lot, usually picking something up with a smile before Komi can get to it. Onigashima Akako (the girl who turns into a demon when she gets mad) had been hanging around Yamai Ren since her first appearance. The girl who staggers out of the woods during the test of courage/Class 2-1 friendly get-together was "the scarer" in the previous year's cultural festival when the gang went into a different class's haunted house. And of course Katai's hardliner sister, introduced in chapter 149, appeared in the spread on the second page of chapter 1.

I just love that continuity. It all feels like a big messy real world.

One thing that mangaka sometimes do is make up mob characters for scenes that have visually interesting quirks and then based on plot demands or reader interest, the mangaka brings the mob character to the forefront as a character of their own since they already have the rough design ready. Putting visually interesting characters in the background keeps the scenes interesting and lets the creator stretch their creative legs a little.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Clearly, the solution is to clone Tadano.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mirage posted:

The only truly logical solution:

This series made me cry at the end.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 15, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Patware posted:

KATAI UNLOCKED: Switch Energy

Katai is bi for Tadano. Also, lol that everyone (not in a frothing rage) recognizes Tadano in drag except for Katai.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wittgen posted:

I am pretty sure the play is already started. Tadano is covering for Komi somehow. Probably someone is playing the princess and just using the pre-recorded voice. Katai maybe?

Handsome lady playing Tadano's role and Tadano playing the princess I'd think, but the comedy option is Katai playing Tadano's role and Tadano playing the princess

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

:hai:
I really like fiction where the message is an unabashed "Being nice is a good thing."
Too often it gets tempered with "Oh but don't be too nice, you don't want people to think you're a doormat!"

There's two series where the MCs have a conditioned response to being helpful and it doesn't turn out bad for them in the long term.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Here's the direct link from the QR code on the page.
https://www.sunday-webry.com/komisan_voting_201911/

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New chapter:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/772944/1
CIA vs. FBI

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:megadeath:

I hope this replaces all the light music clubs.

Hard music club anime when

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

This should be tweeted to the mangaka if they have a Twitter.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

doubtful. she's got her own stuff going on.

Spin-off when?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So did anyone solve the puzzle on the last page?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Hitomi remains the most powerful person in this series.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nalin posted:

I think that's my favorite part about his character. All of his suffering is entirely preventable.

Him being an active participant in all of this would defeat the purpose of him trying to avoid it though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

He doesn't want to do anything but he's also too lazy to actively resist

He definitely resists and tries to escape, but Hitomi is too powerful

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/botttomtext/status/1246862257746661377

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
More Delusions including someone fantasizing about Tadano-chan

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The mixer continues and the sour Tsukkomi makes some friends.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://mangadex.org/chapter/960110/1

New Chapter.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wittgen posted:

This week's chapter is very good but very long. I think it could take a bit to translate.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
A really good crab needs no butter or old bay

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's time for a Smash Numa Bros tournament featuring everyone's "favorite" character

Merry Christmas!

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 15, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I assume all of the restaurant names are references to real US burger places. Shark Shock is definitely just Shake Shack, but idk the others.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
That's really cool. I figured all of the named places were references, but obviously I wasn't sure what. The chapter before last was similar in that they referenced a bunch of places, but I could only pick out the Sephora and figured out The Sweet Factory while posting.

Kurikuritonton Street Baking Company for pancakes is ???
The Salt Factory for Pinaple Demonshine is The Sweet Factory
Soffra for a face mask is Sephora
Love & Boboon for clothes is ???
Shark Shock is Shake Shack (which is from NY and had a referenced version of the store on West 36th)

Edit: The first one is Clinton Street Baking Company

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Everyone pair up! No not like that.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

?

Continue

I think it's referring to this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_NBA_draft

quote:

Some have argued that NBA Commissioner David Stern fixed the first overall pick to help his hometown team, the struggling New York Knicks. The lottery system used in 1985 involved a random drawing of seven envelopes from a hopper, with each of the then-seven non-playoff teams having an equal chance of obtaining the first pick. Inside each of the envelopes was the logo of a non-playoff team. The team whose envelope was drawn first would get the first pick. The process was then repeated until the rest of the first seven lottery picks were determined. In the U.S., CBS had live coverage of Stern pulling the envelopes from the hopper (as opposed to NBA Draft lotteries today where the actual drawing is held behind closed doors before the results are revealed on TV).

There is speculation that the envelope containing the Knicks logo was refrigerated beforehand, enabling David Stern to recognize and select it.[6][7][8]

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Holy gently caress an anime got confirmed.

Is this still a rumour or what?