Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I quit playing Just Cause 3 and Mad Max last night in my crusade to begin Stop Doing Things That Aren't Fun.

JC3 performance issues were dragging on me, everytime i'd blow something up or get shot at (literally 99% of the game) my PS4 would poo poo itself. And I couldn't stop myself from doing all the things in Mad Max and there are just way too many things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I'm going to play The Witcher 3 this weekend boys

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Can anyone help me buy a good or at least decent Playstation 3 controller? The Dual Shock 3 that came with my white PS3 is hosed up for Yakuza. All that's on Amazon is third party stuff and I dunno what to trust.

Is this helpful? https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-controller-now-works-wirelessly-with-playstation-3/1100-6420866/

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I think my TV is too small or something to play Witcher 3 because I can't read anything unless I sit like 4 feet from it :saddowns:

If there was some way to increase the subtitle size and like enemy names/displayed level it'd be fine. Conversation text isn't too bad.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Aw man, I was just thinking about The Surge the other day.

Too bad i'm at work though it appears to just be a sale price now?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
You guys rock.

Turns out my PS+ expired :v:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Play Diablo 2 and steal loot from each other.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
What is that a reference to

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Mass Effect 2 on PC was cool cause you could play it with the $5/month Origin access thing but then you have to pay like $80 for all the DLC.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I'm downloading DOOM and there's a "Data to Start Application" bar and the full download bar. Will it be actually playable at the first milestone or will it just be runnable?

I think it let's you play the first level while it downloads the rest? Could be misremembering

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
BRING ARTS

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Harrow posted:

For more examples, see the E3 conference threads on this very forum

Or really any thread in this forum

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Division 1 was fun and Destiny 2 is bad so I guess it's the next grindy team shooter game

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

I think this is reading really hard into "wolf guy with wolf claw hands projects claws outward like a wolf guy would = anime fighting guy pose"

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Pikmin 1 and 3 are perfect games

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Have they stopped adding the stupid present-day poo poo to perfectly good rear end Creed games yet

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I was playing a bit of Origins and started getting really into it and then a chapter or whatever ended and suddenly it's present day and they have to show me that actually they plugged a mummy into the Animus and Vanessa would you stop crawling around that tomb!!! and then I stopped playing shortly after for unrelated reasons but it was really bad.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
i'd watch GDQ if they'd stop saying HOYPE every 13 seconds

e: also at this point it's not that exciting to watch the same 9 big games every year

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

precision posted:

Rocket League tho

Mad Max convoy stuff was some of the best stuff in that game.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I regret playing DOOM on PS4 (my brother loaned the disc to me) and not PC because it'd be so much better with mouse controls. It takes so long to spin in a circle with the thumb stick.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

rear end posted:

I mean yeah, an fps with a controller, what were you expecting

It was free :saddowns:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Let's be honest, you aren't going to play the 10 games you'd buy at 80% off anyway.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I don't understand why discord needed a social page, who thought this was a good idea

Also how does discord make money :tinfoil:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
My PS+ ran out and I'm glad I haven't renewed it yet

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
It's ok to like something or not like it and you don't have to like or dislike everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Oh MAN you know what is fun in Witcher 3 that entire Dandelion detour godfuckingdamn

This is where I put W3 down for like a year+. I need to go back and play it again but I'll probably just start over.

• Locked thread