Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Thinking back, did Cheney simply have an advance copy of "Orange is the New Black?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

BigDave posted:

No more debating about the future of America, focus only on the Double Bacon Butter Burger Deluxe.

With cheese curds and a root beer.

EDIT: Capitols won the Stanley Cup, DC to burn. Film at 11.
There's a few things I miss about Colorado Springs, but Culver's is absolutely one of them. A little goes a long way, though, because delicious as those butter burgers are they are greasy as hell.

They're probably my favorite chain I've been to. I tried In-and-Out coming back from NTC, but those do not remotely live up to the hype.

These days I eat Whataburger, and those are serviceable enough

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

LingcodKilla posted:

Ending trade. Does he even know the consequences of his actions?

No of course not.
Not looking forward to my CHUD coworkers spinning this into a positive. The man could do no wrong even if he poo poo in their cereal.

A profession dependent on critical thought and enough self-awareness to recognize one's own biases. How can decision-makers trust these guys' judgment? Oh yeah, if they're drinking the kool-aid, too.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

They can't drive for poo poo on I5

Neither can we.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

LingcodKilla posted:

I’ll never understand being bitter about transplants. Say maybe improve your schools and supply your own local talent?
Maybe since the new millennium people didn't want to be gentrified out of their homes.

Maybe fifty years ago or so they didn't want to see their city succumb to urban sprawl.

I don't know NoVA's situation, but I grew up in Seattle. I've gotten over myself and accepted the changes (being active duty and not actually living there for over a decade helped) but I can see why the locals didn't appreciate the Californians coming since the seventies. (Through my biases, I cannot see why said Californians would be complaining about the tech boom or "hipsters")

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Cugel the Clever posted:

Hey now, those luxury apartments and condos wouldn't be affordable! Now excuse me while roll I around on the lawn of the multi-million dollar house I bought for $17k 50 years ago, screaming BUILD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ANYWHERE NEAR ANYTHING ELSE.

PS: I'm totally, 100%, undeniably for affordable housing, just so long as it's built nowhere near me (or anywhere with easy access to grocery stores and economic opportunity) and my tax dollars don't pay for them.
Apartments and condos are fine, not bulldozing every acre of land between the Puget Sound and the Cascades to build more loving houses.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

redneck nazgul posted:

Clone Smedley Butler and have him do it.

While we're at it, clone John Brown for Attorney General.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Fister Roboto posted:

Rev. Dr. Stephany Rose Spaulding, who's running for Doug Lamborn's seat, gave a really great speech there. One of the things she touched on was how most of the religious groups in the area don't even give a poo poo about the insanity of the past 2 years, and that people of faith need to stand up and actually fight for what's right. She's definitely got my vote.
I'm really glad to hear all this. I was pretty surprised, given the conversations I'd overhear out in town while I was stationed at Carson.

Humanity peeking out of unlikely corners feed my hope like nothing else when it has been starving the past couple of years.

• Locked thread