Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

but at least Swedish liberalism is saved

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm sorry, but this obscures the fact that Swedes are culturally accustomed to snogging their co-workers, while everyone else in the Nordic Countries are habitually scared of human contact and will stab you if you get within ten feet.

They deliberately let COVID-19 run rampant in old people's homes so they'd die and stop being a financial burden. Dunno if they also deliberately tried to kill off foreign-language-speaking communities or if that was just incompetence. Everyone else who died was collateral damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm sorry, but this is just plain false. The official story is that Swedes are just culturally predisposed to unhygienic/pro-pandemic behavior, and if you don't believe that you're a conspiracy theorist.

You have convinced me I now believe in the Filthy Swede theory of medicine.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

To this day I still don't understand how theres a catholic church left standing.

The Right has managed to convince the "Left" (not actually left) that anticlericalism is either colonialism or totalitarianism or both.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

He's got my vote. Unfortunately I live in Scotland so it doesn't count.

As always

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

An insane mind posted:

There's a trucker Freedom convoy in the Netherlands now. Why the gently caress some of these people even have trucks in a country below sea level without any actual rugged terrain is beyond me.

This is so loving dumb.

Trucker or pick-up truck-owner? Truckers dont' drive the latter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MORE LIKE FUCKERS XD

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

And that waitress? Hitler!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(More like Shitler!)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ted hitler hunter posted:

seems like Europe could use some denazification

Maybe Russia should stop funneling money into nazi organizations everywhere. Sure you'd still find nazis but making it about 100% less of a sweet grift would probably collapse most of the organization. (Not organization as in an organization like in the first sentence, just organization. Man English sucks lmao.)

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 10:48 on Feb 24, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

Which nazi orgs are russian backed?

Well, in Finland, all of them. The money comes in through Sweden, IDK why.

Right now all the local Nazis are busy defending Russia's invasion into Ukraine on the Internet, it seems. I WONDER WHY.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Truga posted:

putin wants a destabilized yurop to stop the spread of EU/NATO on his doorstep

NATO's spread is another excuse they use to uhh excuse what they're doing. Whether that was intended from the start or just a bonus, I couldn't say, but I doubt they were stupid enough to think that their policies wouldn't cause the spread of NATO.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Truga posted:

i mean, yeah, they've been beating that drum since USSR fell apart

you might not agree with the reason, it might even be an entirely fake excuse, but it seems to work just fine for them, seeing how they just invaded ukraine over it

They only need the excuse for extremely stupid Twitter "leftists", Pravda, and the history books they think they are going to write (which might happen, who knows who's going to win WWIII). They know no-one else is going to buy it but they don't have to care as long as there's the natural gas.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If there was ever any chance of the EU imposing effective sanctions on Russia it would've done so when the war started in 2014 (or whenever it was).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

the extremely tedious euro poo poo

I thought Ligur was banned?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

starting a new job, it's a offshore Finnish operation, cause our labors cheaper than theirs ofc, and these mfers have gin in a can. Tastes like sprite and gives you more buzz than a beer

Only literal 13-year-olds call a tentacle gin. (Because they see

GIN
long drink

on the can and think it's what gin is.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

it's a pretty short drink tho

Longer than just a gin.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More like Moron lmao xd

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LMAO even some Nazis have finally realized Nazi organisations are just arms of the FSB, but only "the other Nazis not us" LOL. (Or "we're not with those Nazis we've just been photographed participating in literally all their events for two decades".) Has this happened in other countries?

(He's a Rudimentary Finn, talking about the Nordic Resistance Movement. What makes this somewhat remarkable is that he's the editor of the Rudies' magazine and also husband of one of the most vocal and most pro-current-Russian-regime and pro-fascism [but I repeat myself] columnists who also has a show on the fascist TV channel.)

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 18:15 on May 4, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lollontee posted:

finland is composed of truck drivers, and their poltical hormone deficiencies

All the truck drivers are Slavic tho.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Germany cracking down on Semitic people? This is novel.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Curiously the "Finnish" fascist TV station Alfa TV is going bankrupt at a time when Russia is experiencing money problems. :thunk:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

so the fascists won in sweden? is that right?

Yeah. While Putin is doing badly with physical warfare in Ukraine, his political hatchetmen are doing gangbusters in the EU.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No don't.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Pretty sure the Nordic nazis are fairly committed to Ukraine at the moment like literally everyone else is.

I'm just extrapolating from the Finnish Nazi Party* (which may be wrong to do as Sweden isn't Finland, but I'm gonna do it anyway!). About 100% percent of Finns who anyone knows (i.e. not just some rando) who have spread Russian propaganda and misinformation on Twitter and Facebook have been members of the Nazi Party or former members of the Nazi Party, or are married to a prominent Nazi Party member.

*) Also known as Rudimentary Finns.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

this guy definitely plays a balkan nationalist on the internet

I think he plays a Finnish Nazi on the internet. Because he is, and lacks the imagination to "play".

Anyway he outed the entire Coalition and "Christian" "Democrat" parties as Nazi supporters. Even the one Jewish guy didn't vote against him.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

"Balkan Nationalists" on the internet are mostly either far-right Finns or Americans roleplaying, which means every far-right Finn roleplays as a balkan nationalist.

Ligur and Lollontee never claimed to be Balkan.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jeff Fatwood posted:

lollontee was a lot of things but a nazi is news to me

He never posted a single thing that a Nazi wouldn't have posted. Make of that what you will.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

my dad posted:

A Buttery Pastry is making fun of the time I mentioned that there was a time period during which a bunch of really weird extremely online Finns (and sometimes yanks) loved roleplaying Balkans nationalists online. The ones I've heard people over here bring up a few times were on Total War and Paradox forums, but I've encountered a few out in the wilds. It wasn't organized as fair as I know, it was just a weird, bizzarre thing that was happening at one point that I do not in any way understand other than "it happened" and "it might have had something to do with Ylilauta". Like, why Finland of all places?

This, of course, evolved into "all Balkans nationalists are secretly Finns roleplaying" because goons.

OK I haven't been to those places :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You first.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rydman's music career wasn't great either.

https://youtu.be/U1kegt1S43s

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's a really good older* book I read that describes (among other things) the relationship between the petite bourgeoisie and fascism really well. (It's about Vennamo and the SMP obviously, but PS really is just SMP 2.1488.) On the Wing of the Forgotten People alluding to the fact that they rise to power by courting legitimately aggrieved people without having any intention to help said people. And, indeed, fully intending to do as much griefing themselves as they can. Makes sense that big bougies are fine with little bougies in cabinet.

Of course it's in Finnish so :shrug: if you don't Finn.

*) OK I'm just old and so is the book.

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 08:55 on Jul 11, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lmao there's literally literally nothing that makes Nazis mad more than pointing out the factual fact that they are Russian agents.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Do the Nordic countries not have laws or probably ordnances against lighting open fires in cities/towns? Because there should be, for other reasons besides burning books. (I mean I've always assumed I can't just go out on the street and light a loving fire. I know IMaybe I'm wrong, never had the inclination.)

Just checked and it is, in fact, not allowed for me to light poo poo on fire in the city. Unless I bring a grill, I guess?

e: I've not watched any footage of the Quran-burnings. Maybe they do have a bucket or grill or something?

ee: Oh, applies to grills as well it seems.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kaczynski, eh? I've heard good things about that guy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lmao didn't know Homelander was Dutch.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

morothar posted:

WTF. I have a German passport, I’m supposed to go to China in January, and I live in the Midwest. I was just ramping up to figure out how to handle the visa. Thanks chairman Xi?

Better hope no Chinese rich person gets arrested or mildly inconvenienced in the US during your visit, American CIA operative.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I would just not be an American CIA operative

Straight from the CIA handbook.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

R. Mute posted:

i get that targetting idiots as assets is common practice, but you shouldn't pick one that'll just send you links to stormfront when you ask for intelligence on charles michel.

Literally every Nazi in existence is (knowingly or not) working for a foreign power lmao.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

mr putin it's time

Lol at thinking this wasn't orchestrated by Putin, like the Hamas attacks that started the current holocaust, just smhd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah there's a historical reason why I'm not a fan of imperial colonialism. Unlike most guys (English) here. I hope they die.