Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

Personally I hope they use the party switching mechanic from the phone game so that you don't have to change your party all the time.

I wish they would too. I loved the mechanic in Another Eden and I love it in COTC. Makes battles more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I've come to love apothecaries in the mobile game but I never use concoct in OT1 (which I just picked up a while back and am still playing through, to be fair)

I might do the scholar this time around.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

Concoct is busted as hell in OT1. I don't remember the recipes but all the recipes that give the whole party BP are insanely overpowered and you should definitely look up the recipes and try it. The ingredients aren't even expensive or hard to find

Yeah I've heard I just haven't messed with it. I'm only just now finishing up my last chapter 2 and the game's been easy so far anyway.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Why does the drat demo completely change the control scheme that was already in place for the first game (on PC)? :(

I guess I'll just hook a controller to my pc and play that way.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So I played through chapters 1 and 2 of Osvald and I just picked up my first of the rest of the group, the cleric. Game is really enjoyable so far.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So do you have to use something like cheat engine to edit a save or can you just go change a value in the saved game data?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah ended up getting it done earlier, works perfectly

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I managed to find one of the secondary jobs on accident on my way to finding a dock to go to the other continent, anyone have info on some of the others? I found the inventor.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Generally if you are unsure who to start with Ochette or Hikari are your best choices. Both of them, *especially* Ochette, can fill any role the party needs.

I started with Osvald, got Temenos and Throne, and then went across continent and picked up Hikari. Kinda wish I had started with him first, he's awesome. Love his story so far, his abilities, etc. He doesn't feel super useless/weak like Olberic did early on.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ApplesandOranges posted:

Olberic was actually really good.

Honestly nobody in OT1 was useless, though I used H'aanit the least.

Keeping in mind that I had been playing through OT1 but was only just finishing up the chapter 2s and Olberic was the last person I picked up, I just haven't been a big fan of him yet. I haven't leveled him to catch up with everyone else yet, he's like 16 or 17 while my main squad is around 30-35.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

Olberic's story has some really hardcore moments, the duels you get to fight are hype af, probably the most intense 1v1 rpg battles since Frog v Magus

Well I'm enjoying OT2 quite a bit more than OT1 which I've been playing on and off since like October and am only done with chapter 2s.

Maybe after I finish OT2 I'll go back and finish 1.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

After playing the first on the Switch, the swap to PC and playing this game at 4k 60fps with max settings on an OLED TV good lord it takes an already good looking style to new heights.

I started with Osvald and picked up Throne. I'm probably gong to do the playtime edit thing so I can explore some more. Is it possible to give yourself a negative playtime to be able tp play more than 3 hours in a single go or do you just reset to 0:00?

Yeah if you just change it to a negative value you'll be fine playing indefinitely. I did that over last weekend.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

Gonna take a couple of days for my GMG key to arrive.

I should probably re-edit my save to like 2h30 or something lol.

Ha, I actually kept the value on my save from before I changed it, i was just going to change it back, same as you.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I played the demo on steam and would prefer to carry my save over, do I need to do anything in preparation for that or does it just pick it up?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm glad the Pokemon Master in OT2 is good because Hannit felt like a chore at times.

Leghold Trap is still around too, and the inventor class has a skill that makes the target act first for several rounds just in case Leghold Trap wasn't enough for you. :getin:

Also if you give Agnea that class, I think her latent power might make it so your whole team gets to act first? Not sure if they stack.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So I finally grabbed my last person, who I had been putting off because I wasn't a fan of his style (Partito) and God drat it if he isn't the most likeable character so far.

I'm currently rolling with Osvald, Hikari, Ochette, and Agnea. They're all like 12-18 now. I just picked up bewildering grace the other day and used it on a fight randomly and got a JP x 100, which got me 2900 jp on the way out of Ochette's town.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'd have to double check, I know a medium soulstone did 11 dmg and one-shot an octopuff queen at least.

Can confirm, used a medium soulstone last night and it killed the cait in one hit (and did like 1100 damage to the other target).

Am I just super lucky or is bewildering grace JP and EXP up more common? I've used it less than probably 10 times total, always boosted to level 4. I've gotten an EXP x100, JP x100, and a couple JP x2 and an EXP x5. That's more than I ever got out of it in the first game (for the little I played/used it).

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Just like with the first game, levels don't matter as much as a good party composition (especially if you get your hands on some decent gear). Like, I killed a 95k hp boss, who could act twice a round and do 1k+ damage attacks, including knocking 2 party members out of the fight for several rounds with a party under level 30 because the party was just that solid of a composition while making full use of my pile of mostly unused items. That group also explored a threat level 50 area, looting everything there and winning some encounters including capturing a blood revenant for ochette, which is a max power monster with a once per fight use restriction, and she's had an 8 strength AOE monster since about level 20.

I'm curious what group you're running.

I started off thinking I would do Osvald/Throne/Hikari/Temenos and they were really drat good together. Then I played some more chapter 1s and looked up abilities and I've kind of landed on Osvald/Hikari/Agnea/Ochette and it seems to not perform quite as well (but still totally fine, mind you).

I'm regretting picking Osvald as my main, not because I don't like him, but I just wish I'd have gone with Hikari instead because I feel like I'm always wanting to use him but I wouldn't mind swapping Osvald every once in a while.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I've gone between laptop and pc with no issues but I don't have a steamdeck to try that.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

When this game goes dark it goes daaaaaark.

The mobile gacha game has some dark story lines too.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I picked up Armsmaster to give to Hikari, got the sword, and was going to go about to pick up the spear, but god drat the guy guarding that is hard as hell for my level 32 Hikari.

I can't knock him out yet either. Guess I need to level up Throne more.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If you've got a couple of the rare chloroform herb, Castti can hook you right up.

I don't think I do but I don't use Castti that often and I don't think I've ever used a potion to knock someone out other than her prologue, so maybe I do.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Arist posted:

Same thing happened to me but it was in Eastern Sai Sands and it was a buffalo or something

I got a dark buffalo too, rewards weren't crazy or anything, not sure what was going on there.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If you've got a couple of the rare chloroform herb, Castti can hook you right up.

Beat that fucker and got the rusty spear. Made Hikari an apothecary, abused some of the bottles of nightmares, and kept regen/stout wall on. That plus some equipment to boost my hp to like 4500 so I was never in danger of dying to one of his abilities. Nice learned skill to have in the back pocket too, the 4-8 arrow on all foes is useful.

Combo fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 7, 2023

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Tae posted:

At what level or chapter did you get arm master because that seems to be locked behind a level 45 area.

I haven't finished all of the chapter 2s yet and I've gotten 3 weapons and unlocked it. Mostly because I went out of my way and the job/weapons seemed cool.

But yeah you have to run through some high level areas, and then you get to high level towns and can snag some nice gear if you want.

Is there any other major purchase besides the boat? I just got that last night doing one of the commerce things, I knew it was coming so I had stashed some money for it, but now it feels like I'd be free to grab some more higher level armor for some characters.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Osvald is already a scholar, so yeah it's pretty good...

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

Fixed because I'm an idiot

It sounds odd but I actually (so far) have been using Throne as a cleric. With her speed she can go first a decent amount, if you need emergency healing. With her latent power she can heal first and then act again at the end of turn to break shields or do some damage. There's the staff ability to get SP based on damage done which is nice for keeping SP up also so you can spam abilities without care.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Just did Castii's Chapter 3.

Jesus loving Christ.

I've seen people keep referring to this so I'm going to do this one tonight. I still have some chapter 2's to do but who cares, I want some good stories.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

You mean Partitio and all 3 other party members using merchant as a subclass :retrogames:

The licenses cost 100k and 300k. :eng101:

But yeah money in OT1-2 are less of an issue later on, especially if you late game dive early on to buy/steal high powered gear and end up just selling (and never buying) low/mid level gear along the way.

Maybe I'm stupid but in both OT1 and OT2 so far I haven't sold a single weapon/armor piece the entire game, I don't know why.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ApplesandOranges posted:

Regarding Ochette's Chapter 1, does your choice of companion actually carry through the whole game, because I picked the owl and the jackal thing ran off, not sure if you can do it the other way round.

It sticks for the whole game. Honestly I think you chose right and it hasn't mattered whatsoever for me. You're going to be capturing a lot of monsters, you'll have plenty of coverage.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah I stole crepe or something in one of the eastern continent towns and it turned out to be for a side quest near Osvald's chapter 3. Thing is I have no idea when I picked it up, I was just stealing randomly from people.

The little girl seemed excited to have a month old crepe that a group of people have been carrying around though, so that's nice.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I gave her the crepe and it didn’t seem to complete the quest! That’s one I need to look up.

Same actually.

There's also one where you knock a guy out to prevent him from going and gambling his money away but that didn't finish the quest either, I need to dig more into some of the side quests.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

The first game had it but this game really does a better job with making the NPCs feel more like they exist in a world. There's all kinds of interconnected plots and references and so-on so it makes the world feel genuinely lived in, especially because you'll occasionally run into a dude who seems normal and then you find out he was formerly GonadCrusher, the top-ranked gladiator of all time who retired to run a fish shop.

Or the guy guarding the spear in Timberain who was a complete badass soldier.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah, gear is way more of an advantage than levels most of the time.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So I got around to doing Castti's chapter 3. Jesus Christ.

I think she's got my favorite story line so far. Only Throne, Partito, and Ochette's chapter 3s left, then all chapter 4s.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Thief as a class in this game is actually not all that great. Throne as a character is cool but the thief abilites leave something to be desired IMO.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah I have Hikari set up as armsmaster for now just because they're the best weapons I have, but I know there's better things to get eventually so I may turn him to something else and give that class to Partitio or Throne or something.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

precision posted:

Am I supposed to know what just happened here? Around Clockdale, while not doing anyone's chapter, it was night and I was unable to change it to day, and I fought some spooky monster that wasn't super hard, and then it was day

???

Happened to me a few times too, it's just a random occurrence and I don't think there's anything else to it.

Wouldn't surprise me if some super rare weapon drops at like a .00002% rate and we don't find out about it until 12 years from now or something.

Could also just be nothing.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yeah giving Castti that and the +1 BP skill let's her just crank everyone's BP at the start of every fight. Pomegranate Leaf x2 + Diffusing + Strengthening just gives the entire party 4 BP. Combine with A Step Ahead from inventor for even nuttier results.

I still don't use Castti or contoct in general all that much (still need to level her, she's ~25 with my main character being 50 now) but I see the usefulness for sure. Are you talking about doing that every fight or just boss fights?

Leaves + diffusing serum gets expensive quick, even if I'm now hitting the point where gold is becoming semi useless.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Arist posted:

They're talking about using her Latent Power, which means Concoctions are free.

Oh duh....full LP at start of the battle plus that concot

I'm an idiot, I get it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I'm finishing up chapter 4s and honestly the thing that's given me the most trouble is the scourge of the sea, it took me a couple of attempts to get a team together that could break him consistently.

I'm looking forward to some hard boss fights.