Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah had a few crashes here in the last couple of weeks. Not a lot overall but a noticeable uptick after years of basically never crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

They made the phoenix boxes a permanent thing a while back so the those events are just the free boxes now and don't put any pressure on the dil ex. Colony was a massive dil sink and barely made a dent. They're just gonna let this be the new normal long enough that people don't get mad when they raise the price cap.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

wdarkk posted:

My Jem’Hadar recruit can’t join queues because I haven’t completed the tutorial, except I have completed the tutorial. Thanks, Cryptic.

They changed the requirements on JH to needing to hit level 62 before considering the tutorial complete and having admiralty and queues unlock in order to slow down exploiting recruit account-wide rewards. They didn't add any explanation of the this change in game though. Doing the first proper gamma mission should be enough to get you there.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Wizard of the Deep posted:

The Cryptic Magic MMO, Magic: Legends "missed the mark" and is shutting down on Halloween. Hope nobody enjoyed it too much.

I was there day one for this. I was not there day two. It wasn't really a MMO. It was diablo-lite with social zones and the main gimmick was you had to draw your powers. So your power bar is just constantly being rearranged randomly and very little effort seems to have been out into the design of the power icons so they are almost universally unhelpful and indistinct from each other.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

g0del posted:

"arch rear end" and "ash c" without the quotes will pick most of them up (short for research assignments, zhat vash cold cases and zhat vash case files). But don't use them for anything other than leveling up to 65. They're very expensive and as far as I know they give 0 commendation XP.

Yeah for CXP you want to go to the undine battlezone in the dyson sphere, fly to the middle of the shield thing by the entrance and click on the battlefield tasks button that pops up. There's like 20 high CXP doff missions there that refresh every 24 hours or so. Also decent for low effort leveling if you don't want to spend EC.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

If you have the Flaming Sword from one of the previous events it's got a nice pull built in for yanking the skeletons. First time I've actually had a use for the thing.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah pretty much. Orders are first come first served so posting an offer and leaving it there for a week or two is pretty much the only way to buy zen now.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

I've got a 4000 zen order that's been up for a week now. It was clearing in 24-48 hours two weeks ago.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

wesleyguide was a real link. It's just defunct now.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

You need to post your @handle here to get into TheNextGooneration if you haven't done that yet.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Ardryn posted:

I keep forgetting the klingons and feds aren't completely segregated to their own sections anymore.

Edit: I hosed around with my privacy settings to see if that was the problem, if anyone would be kind enough to try sending an invite to Faayla@Ardryn I'd appreciate it.

You should have a Dental invite waiting for you. You've got a chat channel invite as well type"/channel_join TheNextGooneration" into the chat box to join.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

There's a lot of little things I genuinely like about Disco and so I've stuck with it. The writing is loving terrible though, ever season is just one big arc built around the absolute stupidest ideas. Season 4 has been Starfleet vs Horrendous Space Kablooie vs Every character acting like complete morons at all times for extra drama.

For all the poo poo Voyager gets it still occasionally managed a really great episode but Disco and Picard are too serialised to manage that since everything ties into the main arc and the main arc has been monumentally stupid every time. Like take the dumbest Voy ep and at least it's over and done with in 45 minutes. Disco would take "oops we went too fast now we're lizards" and make it a season long arc.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

There was also that TNG episode where they learn that warp travel damages subspace that they've never addressed again. They could have called back to that for a 30 years latter payoff and a not completely stupid reason for warp travel to stop working.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Foul Ole Ron posted:

2nd season Picard seems like it might actually be decent, I am looking forward to where they go with it!

Can I get a invite to TheNextGooneration please.

Invite sent

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

Pulaski grows on you. As a kid I absolutely hated her for not being Crusher, but the last time I re-watched I had a lot more appreciation for her. I kind of wish they'd brought her back in some other capacity. I dunno, at least a few cameos as head of Star Fleet Proctology or something on DS9.

The thing about trek seasons is that all trek has bad trek. There really aren't any entirely bad or entirely good seasons, but you certainly have a heavy skew in some of them. S1 TNG is way more mediocre than good, and it has some outright terrible ones. S2 that ratio gets better, and by S3/S4 poo poo's riding really high. S5 is still good and S6 and 7 start a down hill slide but it never gets as bad as S1.

Yeah I like Pulaski just fine. They were clearly trying to set her up as Bones style likable curmudgeon type and mirror the Bones-Spock relationship with Data but she comes in way too hot with the android racism on a character that the audience has already had a season to get to know and like. The writers eventually get a decent handle on the character and then Gates McFadden got unfired so gently caress it Crushers back and we will never speak of Pulaski again.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

FredMSloniker posted:

Do you just put it up at 1 zen = 500 dil and wait until yours is one of the four million picked, or is there some trick to it?

The only trick is to place as big of a buy offer as you can and wait and don't cancel and relist. Offers get filled in the order they were posted. The line is currently about 2 weeks long.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

g0del posted:

Who's left to handle channel invites, anyway? There's enough people left playing to handle fleet invites, and I and a few other can keep Dental projects running (someone else handles the NoP ones), but fleet chat is largely dead, what little chatting we do in game is in the TNG channel.

I can do chat invites and still log in to churn contra. I do check out of the chat/thread for bit with increasing frequency these days though.

Macha posted:

As for fleet stuff, Im still in Dental. Anything I can do to be helping the fleet out?

If you steal some poo poo from the fleet bank that will really help keep the clutter down.

Der Kyhe posted:

If it isn't too much trouble my red main captain with the Klingon recruitment bonus was stuck on a newbie fleet that didn't have stuff so if I could get an invite for

Slihzh@derkyhe

I'd be more than happy.

You should have a channel invite now. Shoot me a mail ingame @lagomorphic if it didn't go through

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

I guess my one question is have they at least figured out how to plot a story across 10 (or 5 now) episodes? Since they couldn’t really manage that last season.

Five episodes in it's still hard to say. Threads seem to be coming together but there's still quite a bit of poo poo that is still unexplained/mystery box bullshit and this show has a pattern of revealing the box to be full of turds in episode 9. It's nice to see Worf again at least.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Anyone know what's going on with NoPPS these days? I just noticed today that I've been muted and kicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

DancingShade posted:

I don't remember. Think it was a decade plus back when it was set up. I've got operator though.

Unmuted.

edit - best guess someone misclicked when trying to boot someone else. I don't play during prime time so I'm just plucking straws. Any lingering problems let me or someone else know.

Thanks.