Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
There's a 2 lootbox minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/ForkParker/status/1009580828886790145

Seems like he didn't understand what he had to do. Deleted that tweet and posted this instead:

https://twitter.com/DeandreAyton/st...%2C3331395.html

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Max Wilco posted:

Yeah, the Call of Duty website says I redeemed a code for Playstation, but I haven't received any token yet. It's 12pm my time, so I don't know what the deal is. :shrug:

Me neither.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Got my beta code from Amazon and logged it onto the CoD website. What happens now? Do I get another code from them to enter into the Xbox before the beta goes live?

Yes, another code will appear on that site as soon as the beta is ready. They'll also send it out by e-mail, although that one arrived well after the beta starting time for me.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Cheers - where on the site can I find it?

https://profile.callofduty.com/promotions/redeem/bo4/beta

Top of the page

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The Xbox beta seems to crash on startup, can't get it to launch on my Bonx. Others are reporting this issue as well.

Guess I'm playing on PS4.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

My games were pretty laggy as well, probably server problems.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Beta crashing status: Still crashing.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Mine is still downloading, stepson says his is working on original Xbox One ok. Try redownloading or clearing console cache?

Deleting all saved data didn't work, but uninstalling and redownloading did.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Kizurue posted:

Thankfully this time they added an option in the menus to mute all players not in your party.

I have a USB soundcard connected to my PS4 that isn't attached to any speakers specifically so I never have to hear party chat.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

RBX posted:

It's free and you don't need Gold or PS plus to play online. I didn't even know that until my friend told me.

You don't need Playstation Plus, but you do need Xbox Live Gold.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'm not interested in Battle Royale/Blackout and hearing that zombies are part of the experience really solidifies this.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

veni veni veni posted:

I'm curious. To those of you that are super resistant to Blackout. Why? I need a better answer than BR being trendy, because it's also fun as gently caress and it would nice to play a BR mode in a competent game unlike PUBG or Fornite.

I don't care about Battle Royale as a concept. It's not "fun as gently caress" to me. It sounds interesting, but has worn out its welcome pretty quickly to me.

Adding zombies only makes this worse.

Control, their new objective mode, on the other hand, is great.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 6, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'm not into BR, but this feels surprisingly finished. Only noticed some minor bugs. If I were PUBG, I'd be worried - it's much better than their pathetic effort on consoles. Also, only got to #2 - should have taken that sniper rifle!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
At the rate things are going, PUBG wont't hit 1 million concurrent players regularly for much longer. They've been bleeding an enormous amount of players.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The zombie areas straight-out suck. There's no reason for their lovely horde mode knockoff to taint Battle Royale.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Except the loot in asylum owns and the zombies are super easy to kill.

It's more about zombie presence not being fun element to me.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

RBX posted:

I have a corsair void USB surround sound one too. I don't remember if it works on PS4 though. The last time I tried it didn't work unless I'm confusing it with the Xbox.

Any USB headset works on PS4, including wireless ones. It's Xbox that doesn't allow for USB sound cards.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Spoken like a true peasant.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Work was a mistake.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Mister Facetious posted:

Blackout has less than 100 players.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9gm5ec/final_push_blackout_beta_extended_to_12pm_pst_100/

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
This seems to be a very eco-friendly version of Call of Duty, with all the recycled content.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Kilometers Davis posted:

Can’t wait to turn off crossplay with pc players day one lol. If anyone else is concerned I’m sure that will be a feature. That aside, this actually sounds awesome. I like everything I’ve read about the game so far. This is the exact time when a proper reboot of the series is needed most.

They won't have crossplay with PC players enabled by default.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Couldn't be less interested in another Battle Royale, please drop it. BR is extremely boring - I want to shoot some folks, not spend my time looting houses.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
They should do premium bullets

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
BR is like regular multiplayer, but you have to drop from an airplane, run around doing tedious looting, get shot and then wait forever to get into another lobby. It's the boring parts amplified.

Like a bad version of Counter Strike that doesn't understand why CS is great.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Mill Village posted:

Nice to see a COD game with real guns again. The new graphics engine looks really good, too.

Does it? I'm not seeing much of a difference, down to the fire still looking like sprites with laggy 30 FPS animations and the usual pop in.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

omg chael crash posted:

It's cool that CoD is good again

Let's not eat the bangers before the mash here.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I've been playing on a (pretty good) LTE connection for a few days instead of my usual cable connection (everything hardwired). I was playing much better than usual. Maybe the key to being good at CoD is a bad connection.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

jase1 posted:

Queue 5 posters complaining about the XIM is cheating.

The XIM is cheating, but you're not going to convince people to stop using them. So really, who cares.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

WattsvilleBlues posted:

https://youtu.be/FnHLiAvNyYg

Cool intro for MP matches. Engine upgrades more apparent here.

How can you tell with video that low quality?

Also, weird choice to have some annoying youtuber talk over the beginning of every match, but I guess it's to entice the youths.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
For me, it's the opposite: Can't stand the tedium of Battle Royale, but I'm into the regular multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
When has a CoD multiplayer ever not been an unbalanced mess.