Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Besides Precure and sequels like Free and AOT and EOC I'm gonna probably watch Starlight,Asobi and Chio. Gonna stay away from Backstreet Girls and Happy Sugar Life and just wait for Bloom into You in Fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I liked the melodrama and Nagisa unable to stop her self destructive side but the coach pulling his poo poo turned me off like it did early in Uma Musume. Plus I was not a huge fan of Ayano being dragged and told to do Badminton by her friend when she clearly didn't want to. It's still pretty good but I'm hoping those issues get fixed quickly

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I did like that pretty much everybody playing Badminton in the first episode of Hanebado either seemed to hate it or was super unhappy with it. Like nobody was out going 'Yay Badminton'

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Lupin arc starting off with more Ami and also first real Fujiko of the season is good stufg

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Did not expect Lupin to be the anime to be calling out the CIA for its bullshit or IT companies in 2018 but am super glad its doing it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

New seasons of old anime are doing a lot of that. GGGNK has had some seriously sharp social commentary.

Precure is also dunking on capitalists too which is great

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 10, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They added in the cast of High Speed and introduced a bunch of new characters as well. If you haven't seen the High Speed movie you will probably end up lost as most of this episode is about introducing those characters.

Gonna be interesting to see if Free can handle this large of cast

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

High Speed is a good movie though and i think it's better overall than the first 2 TV series

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Starlight Revue 1 raw is super good show looks amazing. Bushiroad gonna dominate my summer with this and g1

Edit : The Henshin sequence is very absurd and as expected from Furukawa who worked on Penguindrum

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 13, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hugtan is great and anyone that hates her is not cool

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The staff really didn't mutiny but the producer by all reports is pretty hands of/weak minded which is why Zako and Jun have gotten away with a lot. It's also why Kira Kira broke a lot of rules too.

The first few episodes probably went exactly as the staff wanted cause there are seeds for plot points the current episodes are dealing with.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't think it's a mutiny per say it's just that Zako, Jun and Fumi pitched a show about the power of mothers and the producer being what he is forgot to ask questions as to what it means.

Much like how last season was pitched about making sweets and love and it was! It just took a long despair journey while reaching the end. And it also had Akira/Yukari too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Colonel posted:

detroit become human asks: can robots become human. answer is yes

nier automata asks: can androids be gay. answer is yes

hugtto precure asks: can androids be gay and human. the answer is they can play the guitar too

https://twitter.com/highimpactsex/status/1003726688235094016

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/hidiveofficial/status/1018267535727382529

It seems they have the song rights but still need to seek approval so that explains the songs and that's on music rights. The rest of the format errors are all on HDIVE and Sentai

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah Harukana 2 was a good step up from episode 1. Looking forward to the rest

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

praying @ god that some twitter weirdos stop acting like ikuhara invented the takarazuka revue in 1997, lol

It's so very wrong but it's still somewhat better than thinking Madoka invented the dark twist in Magical Girl anime I guess...maybe not

Rest in Peace Minky Momo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Free completes the hat trick of new coaches having their intro be creepy in some way in anime this year. Even if he didn't massage Haru's thigh

In a way it almost feels like unintentional criticism of coaching in sports in general!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

I don't think anime can portray/satirize anything close to the real-life horror being revealed rn at Michigan State and Ohio State, and earlier Penn State...

I wonder if manga has gone into it deeper, like a manga focusing on how some High School teams for a pitcher to burn their arms for a run at Koshien.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

2020 Eva better have Train Eva in it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1021500464934866944

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

nielsm posted:

This week on HUGtto Precure, we record a TV show:
https://0x0.st/sWag.webm

Ruru being super into the series that she knew everything is a+ comedy

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not sure if Aramaki is better or worse than Psycho Pass season 2 Tow Ubukata but welp have low hopes for that project

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Mountain Coffee is almost enough to get me to climb a mountain!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I loved the match and how the pokey strategy wasn't just to hide a weakness but break down the other team slowly.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/PedanticRomantc/status/1028674365557075968

Between this and Hugtto I get the distinct feeling that Toei writers and directors are not huge fans of Abe

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This weeks Yama no Susume was very heartwarming in how much Aoi has grown and also heartbreaking in that Hinata missed Aoi so much while Aoi was at work

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Stop everything, Emiru is thinking

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Motto posted:

cats and dogs, living together, mayhem

After Chocolate and Macaroon last year it's pretty clear Toei is pro Cats and Dogs.

Also pro-Androids and Humans/Kaiju!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This weeks Harukana Receive as Shii-chan fall for the power of great abs!

Also the end reveal for Kanata and Narumi keeping their child hood promise is super good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yama no Susume Season 3 sure is doing a good job of making sure Hinata's suffering is super well animated

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Didn't think we'd have any show challenge Yurucamp and A Place Further than the Universe for my favorite non kids shows of the year but Yama no Susume and Revue Starlight are doing it.

Actually the middle level shows I like are also really good too. been a real good year for anime this year (Also some real bad stuff but hey I don't watch those so)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

mycot posted:

It's weird that Sword Art Online created all of these video game themed webnovels/light novels when I don't think it even counts as isekai itself. The game world never actually becomes more real which is one of the goofier parts of the premise.

It's amazing how quickly .hack has been forgotten cause it did this before SAO

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Asobi Asobase is punching/kneeing everyone else in the groin on the way to the top but yeah, it's been a rad year for anime!

I enjoy Asobi but some of it's jokes are just a little too close to being too insulting for me to rate it as a top level show.

Now Lupin and Planet With, those are all top level shows too.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Revue Starlight mobile game would just be another way for Bushiroad to get my money besides New Japan world and Bandori

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hidive doing real QUALITY subs for Revue Starlight

https://twitter.com/vestenet/status/1041156977219567616

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ai Mai Mii was also a really good absurd short

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thunderbolt Fantasy is also Urobuchi's best written series from start to finish. It's such Wuxia pastiche it's amazing and it just works with the puppets

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Aikatsu has been more Obari than any Robot show of the last 8 years

Also Akari needs to be in a mainline Super Robot Wars game not just Mobile

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I remember when Doki Doki Precure aired people called Mana a Mary Sue cause she seemed way to competant and I was like come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fall is here so time for the fall thread to Bloom into you

• Locked thread