Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was really hoping for a 2099 thread

Now where am I gonna talk about Ravage? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

No way Ross was going to stick to monthly interiors.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lee was so incredibly important to comics for all his many, many flaws. It's a bummer his last few years seemed kinda miserable.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Archyduchess posted:

Also, someone please walk me through this Leah Williams kerfuffle? I've been around the block a few times but I'm lost on this. I get the element of frustration that characters like Ice Man or Northstar aren't being showcased on the cover, but like, they aren't showcased on the majority of X-Men covers. Is it just because the Blob is conspicuously overweight?

Someone was calling her out for putting a bisexual hero, Psylocke, in a relationship with someone they called a "loser" - but loser continually read as "fat.* They accused Leah of bi-erasure and she took offense since she says the book is anything but

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lobok posted:

How is it bi-erasure to have a bi person in a relationship with a man?

That was part of Leah's problem with it

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't think that ad is for the Venom thing.

Hickman on X-Men please~~~

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

If Hickman is on X-Men, who would you guys like up see do art? Esad Ribic is an obvious choice but maybe overdone?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Heathen posted:

Doom has the FF trapped individually and is bragging about it on live television. Reed has Sue make Doom's outfit transparent so the whole world can see Victor Von Dong.

Pretty sure the point is to reveal what's under his mask but okay.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anybody try Savage Avengers?

Wolverine kicked Conan's Cimmerian gonads.

It was kinda meh.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Everything talked about so far was great (how is Hulk even a thing? It's incredible). Shout-out to a series maybe no one is reading: Invaders is really good! Please read it!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Immortal Hulk is really giving me some Junji Ito or Devilman vibes. It's so creepy. Did Devil Hulk regress into Savage Hulk when he was being dissolved by Abomination? I wonder if his cowardice is going to be a thing.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Has he been mentioned in Immortal Hulk so far? I love the GLA.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Alaois posted:

i'm starting to think some people just read each post in a complete vacuum and the quote boxes just don't exist

Like before this issue obviously

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

omnibobb posted:

Everyone list your favorite thing about Black Cat!

Dracula.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm kinda bummed about the ending to this week's Superior Spider-Man. I think the book's been really great, so I hope the ending doesn't stick or is a fakeout of some kind.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So, uh, I read every 2099 issue including Amazing and I'm not sure what happened or why it happened.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So it seems like the Kree and Skrull are now one and Hulkling has been "activated" to become their new Emperor and invade Earth, all while Atlantis is attacking, teen heroes are being outlawed, and all kinds of wild other poo poo is happening. All of this seems pretty par for the course for the Marvel Universe. I dig it.

but what's with the loving trees???

Oh, and I'll take that Three X's series, please.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

What was the Rocket/Groot epilogue in Guardians this week referencing?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BrianWilly posted:

I think most readers wish that Knull was just, in fact, A Big Venom.

This reminds me of the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Exiles game I ran in TradGames, where the players had to take on a Frightful Four that had Giant-Venom as a member (the symbiote had taken over Hank Pym's dying body and used Pym Particles to stay alive forever and also be a skyscraper-sized slimy blob).

The other members were Scarlet Spider (a crazed adult Normie Osborn), Wolverine (corrupted by Loki to just be mustache-twirling evil), and led by USAgent with a Celestial Death Seed in him.

Never hire me, Marvel.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

cant cook creole bream posted:

Between Power Pack, Thunderbolts and his own comic, this is now the week of Task Master.

And I thought all three books were really, really good.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This thread got really good

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I really liked the lettering in Beta Ray Bill.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I mostly liked King in Black. 🤷‍♂️

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I didn't realize Power Pack was a mini. It was so good.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Best chins in Marvel: Thanos, Super Skrull... Bi-Beast?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

What did Black Cat annual have to do with the Infinity bearer business? It was a good story and I would love more Tiger Division, but I feel like I missed something.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Three comics had wonderful endings this week.

Cable - which you're only reading if you're an X-Men fan, probably.

Beta Ray Bill - which is gonna be a defining mini for the character, honestly.

And the one none of you are reading but you definitely should: Si Spurrier's Black Knight: Curse of the Ebony Blade. It gives a real character to Dane Whitman he didn't really have before, introduces a cool rear end new status quo... this is the first time in my life I've really wanted to see more Black Knight.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kang is really, really good.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Defenders is looking to be a great follow up to Ultimates.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Goddamn Immortal Hulk. Goddamn.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like I'm gonna be in the minority but I found it kind of unsatisfying and anticlimactic.

You might not be. I thought it was a biblical epic steeped in Marvel lore and spoke to not just the origins of the Hulk, but his origins. It felt cinematic and expansive for a story that was fairly self-contained.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Imo the end of the story is the big return home. Banner's monologue was weak but didn't matter

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Gaz, you're taking it too personally. Move on.

E&C, stop piling it on. Move on.

I liked the art a lot but I wish Bennett wasn't a trash man.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm really sorry you had to go through that but I'm glad you could find some solace in the book.

I think the future and Brian Banner were both as resolved as Devil Hulk. Brian's soul was annihilated by the Leader. He's not just dead, he's super dead. As for the future of the World Breaker, it happened and the fly sent back in time gave the Leader foreknowledge and so now that timeline has been averted.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cates Hulk was fine - possibly even good - but it does have the unfortunate fate of following up Immortal Hulk.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am intrigued by one specific image in the Timeless "here's our future slate" image, and that's the Young Avengers pic. It looks like the team includes Kate Bishop, maybe Viv Vision, and then three Runaways characters who are... dubiously heroic at best??? Cause it definitely looks like Doc Justice (who is currently Alex Wilder), Victor Mancha as Victorious, and future Brotherhood of Evil Mutants Molly Hayes from Battle of the Atom. I'm really interested to see where that goes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm of the mind that Savage Avengers is a perfect Marvel book that maybe too many people slept on.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I didn't think Reckoning War was all that bad. Silly but fine. Not the worst Marvel book this week.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

For all my favorite characters that go back and forth across hero/villain lines (Juggernaut, Rhino, Taskmaster, Magneto, Doom, etc), I will never, EVER stop being salty that they've made Zemo basically irredeemable. The best part of OG Thunderbolts was that eventually the "doing the right thing" bug got him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I like Sword Master so I was kinda into it.