Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

We should just have a points system where entering the red zone bans you from public places until you fix it. You also have to wear a hat with a light on it that uses the green, amber, red system.

Also if you go into red zone an alarm sounds perpetually until you rectify it.

this but for posting, sorry soag but your alarm and clownishly large red hat are going to make a big target for taliban sharpshooters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The point people should be taking away is that childcare is so expensive that it can discourage people returning to work.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I move that cat hat be renamed senator scrowie

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
there were some posts a while back about how SHY was trying to do SPLITS in the greens or something but compared to the rhiannon and bhathal splits shy’s looked like a non-event

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

so in short yes, but talking about “policy documents” in that context sounds wrong

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

Similar, but that seems to limit to a defined class of assets such as patents and trademarks.

tell whoever’s idea this is that their brain is fully depreciated

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

Was a liability to begin with rather than an asset tyvm

lol

It sounds like it could work in theory so long as it never comes into contact with actual accounting or tax practice?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

blindidiotgod posted:

And?

Ambition isn't a bad thing?

^ efb.

it be a grievous fault, sic semper tyrannis

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

avshalemon posted:

when i move back to sydney i'm definitely going to the western suburbs, gently caress the rest of it, especially gently caress the east (i say this as an ashkenazi jew)

greatest place on earth

it would be cruel to keep you there in summer though with such a thick coat

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Lmao comparing shy to aoc

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

plumpy hole lever posted:

i think racism is very geographically specific

If youre in sydney you hate the loving lebs

here come the habibs taught us that lebs are good, actually

try to keep up

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

gucci bane posted:

Nah that was fat pizza

lol if you think anyone east of the red rooster line watches sbs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Hopefully Labor can figure out a good response to the Liberal’s GST proposal. If they stuff it up they can kiss goodbye any potential gains in WA, it’s the only Federal political issue anyone gives a poo poo about over here

garbage state

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We have a Tamagotchi dangling off the server and assign the most autistic students to keep it fed.

this is a euphemism right

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

how much did you donate?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

known dickheads like David Crowe & Jessica Irvine.

pretty much all of what you posted coincides with David Crowe taking over as editor

Very interested to hear your take on Jess Irvine though, one of four people writing about economics who have an actual clue

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Pretty sure she wrote recently that the tampon tax should be kept in place so the money from the GST on tampons can be used for women's education. Something which is basically impossible so long as conservative forces exist and therefore the point is sort of fanciful. Might as well remove it because its just going to be used to fund boat hunting drones instead.

Her point is that if it was properly implemented it would have no exemptions, and you would use that extra revenue to fund things that matter, which some other person had suggested would be women’s education but alternatively you would use to raise pension/newstart etc. to offset the increased cost of staples.

(yes Cartoon you hate the GST I get it)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If Anidav had thought this through he’d go sovcit and stop paying one cent of tax because some portion of it is used for bad things

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

norp posted:

You'd be surprised at how many employers attempt to quote wages as "package" (i.e. including super) during negotiation when you get enough above award.

Hell my contract has a clause stating that if the employer contribution goes up then it comes out of my take home wage.

“compensation”

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

african gangs jumping turnstiles and plastic bags torn from aussie battler hands? what this means for Kevin Rudd’s leadership ambitions

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Halo14 posted:

From November 2017 to June this year, non-biting male Aedes aegypti mosquitoes sterilised with the natural bacteria Wolbachia were released in trial zones along the Cassowary Coast in North Queensland.

Code Talker?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Whitlam posted:

Lawyers don't wear wigs (in some courts) and call each other "my learned friend" for funsies, it's because it reinforces the serious and mutually respectful nature of proceedings.

hahahaha

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it’s actually because they’re hired guns with no personal stake in the outcome, and today’s opposing party is tomorrow’s client

law students follow closely on the heels of lnp politicians on the dunning-kruger scale

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I honestly can’t fathom having any significant contact with the court system and then thinking “this is so great disrespecting it should be criminalised” as opposed to demolishing it and starting over

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Whitlam posted:

I don't think it's great, I just think you have to respect the institution and the rules. If we razed it to the ground and implemented a better system, I'd still say contempt of court and procedural rules are good and we should respect whatever new rules were in place too.

oh my god how did you pass jurisprudence?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Austin’s “law is the command of a sovereign backed by a sanction” is wrong and a bad way to run a legal system

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
in court I use my phone even though the signs say not to. send me to gaol JBP

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Don Dongington posted:

Source your loving quotes, idiot.

don’t sign your posts, moron

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bandaid.friend posted:

thank's for confermenting

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Recoome posted:

I’m just not quite sure why, in the 21st century, anyone would want unpasteurized milk

Like Paul’s or whatever sells unhomogenised milk and it’s like whhhyyyy

getting listeria to own the lefties

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GoldStandardConure posted:

had a co-worker who used to be a chef legit try to argue this, that he never uses a microwave ever as it destroys all nutrients in food

did they think american hustle was a doco?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

get on this level froglet

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

blindidiotgod posted:

Reroute all that mail to Coogee, just in time for the dessert special.

It is a federal offence to tamper with my posts.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Wait what the gently caress they have a public servant as live in help?!?

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Lol the public servant has to walk the dog and pick up the poo poo.

No they’re not APS, they’re probably young labor hacks doing something infinitely more productive than what they normally do

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Don Dongington posted:

There is a legitimate issue with academic freedom in some Australian universities. The NTEU have been fighting to get clauses in EBAs for years to protect lecturers from being fired for criticising management decisions, or from being punished or censured for teaching things like "Taiwan isn't part of China".

hmmm looks like you need some re-educating

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Starshark posted:

Greg Sheridan has apparently written a book and it's called - I poo poo you not - God is Good for You.

god’s not just good, he’s great. allahu akbar baby

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I expected jbp’s standard of attractiveness to be as milquetoast as his politics, I’m surprised about bell jar though

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Starshark posted:

The same supporters follow every word Rosanne Barr and Ann Coulter say, they don't give a gently caress about looks when it suits them.

also CatHat, who looks like a scrote

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I only date ethnic supremacist chicks though.

:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I’ve read too much newscorp, hook albomania to my veins

• Locked thread