Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That reminds me, when do the cuts to weekend penalty rates start?

Also, the joke I made in the last thread about management referring staff to read their policies on aggressive customers is apparently true. I have a niece who works at a servo that's getting rid of their plastic bags and she told me this morning that they sent out a memo to all staff detailing how they should deal with rude and violent customers losing their poo poo over it.

So, we're literally beyond parody at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gucci bane posted:

lol remember when you were defending black face last year

Remember when he didn't even read to the end of the loving post he's trying to backseat mod today?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Bloom? That actor?

So he outright called her a slut?

No wonder no news outlet is replaying his words.

Cat Hat's gonna get hosed so hard.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Coming soon to a Dutton ministry near you:

Trump Creates ‘Denaturalization’ Task Force to Pursue Deportation Against Thousands of U.S. Citizens

quote:

In June, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services quietly announced a new task force that will investigate “bad” naturalization cases, wherein the agency will hire dozens of lawyers and immigration officers “to find U.S. citizens they say should not have been naturalized, to revoke their citizenship, and then eventually deport them,” according to The Takeaway, from WNYC and Public Radio International.

Question - when this inevitably comes here, can we get it to apply to Abbott?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Dude McAwesome posted:

Re: ambulance chat. For a single in Victoria it’s $46 per annum. Pretty cheap insurance against a possible $1000+ bill.

I get the 5 year ambulance sub each time and my health insurer gives me a full cash refund. Walk in, hand them the bill, gets cash money :10bux:

I also use all my optical and dental rebates each year.

I keep the lowest level of private health I feel I can get away with so that, in case of elective surgery, I can bypass the waiting lists.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Four Corners was worth the watch today.

The last quarter of the show was spent on a "raw milk cheese" manufacturer.

Best scene was inside their processing floor with those huge stainless steel vats with big slow stirrers. They showed the reporter in full cleansuit. Big white coveralls, big white paper hat, gloves.

Then the camera panned to the workers. T-shits and jeans. No hair nets. Reaching into the vats all the way to their shoulder and pulling out cheese chunks while wearing no gloves.

Gonna be a good crop of dead kids again this year.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 14, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

So, is that from a king tide, or regular tide?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

drunkill posted:

King tide.

But given wiki says the elevation of ballina is 1.7m it'll be regular tide soon enough.

True enough.

But even two guaranteed 'floods' per year is going to kill land values and destroy infrastructure.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cartoon posted:

Wages growth not a myth! We were just not looking in the right places! Stupid lefties!

I wish we could have that law like in Sweden where the highest paid people in a company can't earn more than ten times the lowest paid people do.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
^^^ I thought retrospective legislation was illegal?

Taking this and posting it in TGRS because I want people from all over the world to see it and laugh.

And in other "Australia is a modern progressive country" news.

quote:

School uniform policy change gives NSW girls option of shorts or trousers

Girls attending public primary and secondary schools in NSW will be given the option of wearing shorts or trousers under new policy changes.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian and Education Minister Rob Stokes are set to announce changes to the schools uniform policy today, forcing all government schools to let girls wear pants if they want to.

Yes finally, in 2018 C loving E, girls have been allowed to not wear skirts :bravo:

Now we just need to remove all gendered ideas from clothing and let the boys wear skirts if they want to.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The Before Times posted:

I spend all my money on rent

I did some sums the other day for renting versus buying using the ANZ home loan calculator.

I pay $1300pcm in rent for the house I'm living in at the moment which would probably easily sell for $450,000 at auction.

If I were to get a loan for that amount, the ANZ calculator gives me a monthly repayment of $2307 for a standard variable loan of $4.6% over 30 years.

That's a thousand dollars more than I'm currently paying in rent each month - and a total repayment over those 30 years of $830,520.
It would take me 53 years to pay that much at my current level of rent.

So, the way I figure it, by renting I'm debt free and ahead of the game for the next half a century :thumbsup:

EDIT: A thousand dollars more a month to be able to hammer a nail into the walls :lol:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 25, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lid posted:

All African immigration into Australia has been called into question by former prime minister Tony Abbott amid the debate over Sudanese "gangs" in Melbourne.

Mr Abbott, speaking on 2GB radio in Sydney, argued that "we store up trouble for ourselves" by letting in people who are "difficult to integrate".

If you're old enough, you can remember when they said this about the Greeks and Italians.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Making sure, I've got this MyHealth thing right:

Follow the instructions here and make an account here then go to "Profile" and click "cancel this bullshit you bastards".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lid posted:

In particular, she takes issue with the narrative that has emerged declaring men need to change their behaviour, not women.

“As many of you know, over the last number of weeks, it has felt like there has been an assault on men collectively,” she said in a video promoting the event.

“I know that this has upset a lot of men and women alike and a lot of people are very distressed that they don’t feel as though they can support men’s rights, masculinity and men in general without being judged.

Remember kids:

quote:

A masculinity movement that is not most anti-feminist has yet to appear

Odds on this bullshit not ending up blaming women for being whores the clothes they wear and living locked inside a steel cage 24 hours a day are pretty much zero.

Caught that on ABC this morning, still pretty much in :wtf: mode over it.

Guess someone got themselves a nice kickback or promised for-life boardroom position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Birdstrike posted:

yeah I said he was poo poo, sorry you can’t read

after the debate I called him out at he told a bunch of private school kids that “we don’t know what happened to all the missing indigenous people, maybe aliens took them”

Where did they all go? Must be aliens :shrug:

snoremac posted:

Bolt has worked in Melbourne CBD for decades and rushed to his blog a year ago to report that he saw people sleeping in the street while walking down Flinders Street.

Noted Non-Anglo Andrew Bolt.

• Locked thread