Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah, we remember. He had it coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah, #2. We are full-on smartwit.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Doctorin' isn't a skill?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Laywerin', Tongue-Flapping, Resolve, Building. I'm sure we can sort out these problems like reasonable people.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

2. Let's warm up as a marshal by catching this horse-thief. Via clever deduction.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

1. A hand-cannon that can also be used to beat people to death, perfect for a no-nonsense woman like ourselves.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We do not have a mule, and we wish to find it

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This is a sneaking mission

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

8. They can sort it out.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Keldulas posted:

I think it's hilarious there's the total clown option of 'render a decision' before you even hear about what's going on.

"You're both guilty of Disturbing The Peace, and I hereby fine you each five dollars. Okay, bye!"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If we let him go he's only going to go find the closest people named 'Marshall' and murder them. We are not dealing with the sharpest crayon in the drawer here. 1.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Free food!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

sebmojo posted:

yeah, he likes to luxuriate in his own cleverness so let's allow him to do that and see what we learn

Unfortunately this game does not have a 'glare silently' dialogue option.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

6 then 1A then 3B

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Shooting competition is fine. I assume the bar has whiskey and an adequate supply of glasses?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Aim.. It's impossible for us to hit 9 targets with one gun, so we have to hit 100% instead.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hat!

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 31, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Practice shooting with a pistol, study laws re shooting people with pistols, then go rise out.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

achtungnight posted:

12. Play dead? Does that really work around bears?

Depends on the bear. With some bears if you shout and make a lot of noise they'll kill you, but if you play dead they'll lose interest and go away. With other bears if you shout and make a lot of noise they'll run away, but if you play dead they'll go "hey, free meal" and eat you.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

(probably shopped)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's a grisly bear. Very dangerous, but not big into carrion.
stay still

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Do we have a rifle?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

wedgekree posted:

point our fingers at the bear and go 'PSHEEW BLAM'.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LightWarden posted:

Well, we just got a pile of steaks and a nice rug out of this, but what else did we learn from our light mauling?

That bears are delicious.

That was a pretty sweet growl though. We should try it ourselves.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LightWarden posted:

Pretty much! If you're alone then about the best you can do with if you're really good with a pistol is sting the bear enough that it goes somewhere else instead, otherwise it'll just eat your bullets and then you.

Is choosing to wrestle an auto-nom?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blowing the dam will gently caress up everything downstream. Including our town.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

4C

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This is a Town issue and therefore not our jurisdiction. Move on.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CourValant posted:

Because Preston presumes to be our better and acts like we're on his payroll.

We have an understanding; he's not our employer.

He kind of is, though. He's paying us. The sheriff is also paying us (in not-dying dollars). We're being paid twice, for not working. A good job.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Keep the hide and let's party.

Yep.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

2 He was shovelling. What's soot doing there? We can listen while we look.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

achtungnight posted:

I wish we could say “How am I supposed to pull off... I mean thwart a bank robbery if there’s never a bank?”

Preston's already doing it. In fact he's stealing the entire bank.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So I'm a little confused. If Marshal James isn't going to be around to hold us to account, what's to stop us from just noping out of this whole situation and our role as 'marshal'?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Don't contact the President. That's going a bit high.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pity we couldn't make an arrangement with Tilumbleweed. He's good at killing marshals.

Also, ghosts can send telegrams! Woooooo

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DmitriX posted:

One of those people we had fisticuffs with would have probably noticed the ghostiness. Or that bear.

Maybe we're a very heavy ghost. Weighted down with sin.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gifts. About 7 cows worth.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Can we say 2 things? Like, "here are some gifts, now please give the town a wide berth?"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Then 2. Let us show our generosity and thus our strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hang on, hang on, this sounds like town business to me.