Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
odds of a sale on the PC version tomorrow, since i whoopsed on it during the last steam sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Settle wherever you want

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i accidentally didn't click "accept" on the Welfare Freighter and now it lets me store stuff on it but not summon it because i don't technically "own" it

grrr

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Okay, either I'm an idiot or the implementation of exocraft is beyond loving stupid.

I finally get the blueprints to build a loving car after like 25 hours into the game. So I build the pad and get my rover and do a bunch of quests with the terminal tech to get all the upgrades for it (which, a few bugs aside, was mostly mats I had on hand anyway). But apparently while there's a "summon exocraft" quick menu option, it only works if you're already within a relatively short range of it, and you can't summon it on another planet. So you can only drive the goddamn things in the vicinity of where you built the pad, which is not cheap and is not portable. So in this game where you are required and encouraged to fly all across the galaxy visiting a multitude of different star systems, the ground transport is effectively tied to a small radius around a single point on a single planet? I was kind of assuming/hoping that one of the upgrades you can get is a "summon me anywhere" module, but I seem to have gotten to the end of that chain without getting that.

Am I taking crazy pills here? Are exocraft really almost entirely useless?

before NEXT you used them primarily on the planet you built a base on for quick resource gathering and exploring and such

can't imagine it's too different in NEXT

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So just found out that the freighter questline is a little more involved. After you get your freighter you need to talk to the navigator who should give you a quest to build the command center. Apparently you also need to go inspect the frigate to start a secondary quest to inspect it and learn the recipe for fuel.

This only works or triggers on the system you took possession of your freighter. So if you missed it and don’t remember there’s apparently no way at all to learn that stupid recipe.

So yeah, that’s a fun thing to learn now.

hahaha gently caress. am i boned if i didn't get the free one? jesus

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

new bug, unless it's just a dumb thing and someone can help me fix it:

i bought a new freighter, but it replaced the ship i traveled in on with the broken ship i left on a planet's surface. it won't let me summon my nice, working ship onto the freighter and i don't have the raw materials to repair the broken ship

am i hosed. do i just live on this freighter now

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Macaluso posted:

How much of a pain is it to edit a save file? Is there any risk of breaking the save completely? Is there any risk of it affecting multiplayer stuff? What save editor do I use?

I really just want to get rid of the worthless ships I picked up before I found out how the ship stuff worked

https://github.com/goatfungus/NMSSaveEditor

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

John F Bennett posted:

Why does everything have to be online these days :corsair:

because its 2019 and not 1989 and online games are popular

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

32 players
https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/9/20792352/no-mans-sky-beyond-social-hub-nexus-ps4-windows-pc-xbox-one

Also “farming” animals

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i dont think they are doing any kind of terrain changes or procgen modification with this update so you should be fine

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

has anyone else had an issue where the game deregisters your base and if so, how do i fix it

if i cannot fix it i guess i am just taking a break from this game again

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

god i forgot how to loving make money in this game and am perpetually poor despite being like 7-8 hours into a brand new playthrough

any tips that arent just "raise your rep with races so that you can take on missions and get space money"? is it really just "fly through space a lot and hope you get to a system with s class scanner upgrades and maybe some high quality scavenger poo poo underground"?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

game erased my freighter :negative:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

why do either of you give a poo poo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

do you stand outside of venues for bands you dont like and yell at the people going in about how much the band they like sucks

just seems like you could be way more productive with this weird energy instead of harshing other people's mellow

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

ToastyPotato posted:

If you think discussing a game in a video game discussion forum is the same thing as standing outside a music venue yelling at strangers, then I am going to challenge the idea that you have actually gone outside and been to musical venue to see a band perform.

Questioning people's opinion or perspective on something is completely normal in a discussion forum. Goddamn people are so touchy the moment someone goes in on something they like, regardless of how dumb it is. Like, take your own advice, don't you have anything better to do than to get defensive over someone criticizing a video game online?

the two of you are literally writing multi-paragraph posts in this thread trying to convince people that the game they are having fun with is actually not fun and is actually bad, that makes you an rear end in a top hat :)

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

haveblue posted:

Weed, and VR. Perhaps if we were to combine the two...

illegal

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

how the f uck do y'all get salvage data in a way that meshes with doing other stuff

put another way, i've graduated from mining resources to just buying in bulk so now i'm not out running around and collecting poo poo as much as i used to

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

on a planet: found an s rank em field for power

also on planet: found an a rank indium deep mineral deposit

big problem: they are significant distance apart (20+ minutes at walking speed, that's Many Units)

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

best way to find s class poo poo like multitools and ships? other than just system hopping and hoping i get lucky :|

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

ty. my indium farm is rapidly approaching high yield profits so ill finally be able to afford a nice one, wanted to know where to look

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i wanted to collect all the glyphs for portals but my game bugged and won't give me glyphs from traveler graves so now i have to do the artemis path

barf

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Mountaineer posted:

I found the Cheetos Planet.

is it flamin hot

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i would kill to be able to scan for that poo poo from an exocraft lmao

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

uh holy poo poo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

what the gently caress lmao

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

ctrl f quicksilver match not found

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

you just do daily and weeklies from the anomaly to get qs

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

lol once you finish the early egg poo poo you gotta wait 24hours

gently caress the quicksilver stuff, this fuckin stinkies

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i just rolled my system clock forward to get the ship lol

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

that article is correct. you just pulse jump in space and eventually you'll get an alien anomaly, drop out, shoot space egg, get upgrade module, rinse and repeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

blarzgh posted:

I think you still need another 3,200qs void egg to get another ship, tho :(

correct :\