Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Strobe posted:

ending up with hundreds of 'Mechs in parade colors that you never use (:v:).

Hello yes I believe this is the game for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

For any Australians in the audience, alphastrike.com.au sell Ironwind’s range for Aus customers without the insane shipping cost.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Crablance sounds very cool and good

Endman
May 18, 2010

Cross-posting from the painting thread:

Endman posted:

This thread needs more :pcgaming: Battletech :pcgaming:

I like this green so much I think I'll paint a whole lance in this colour.

Endman
May 18, 2010

A couple of retailers in Aus are already offering preorders for the Clan box, but I have no idea if the lance sets or salvage kits or whatever are going to make it.

Considering how ludicrously over funded the Kickstarter was there’s no excuse. :colbert:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Those objective markers are extremely cool; I need to think about doing something like that myself.

If only my copy of the game would arrive, drat you Australian couriers :argh:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Well my core set finally arrived!

This is my first attempt at a bit of weathering and while it's only super mild, I like it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

I’m glad you’re committed to hexes. Hexless BT just seems so wrong.

Speaking of hexes, I just printed and painted my first small hill:

Endman
May 18, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Is there an app for keeping track of your mechs damage? Or website that can help make it easier?

Are you crossing out the circles on your mech’s record sheet? I’m going to get mine laminated so I can use a dry erase marker to do it and have them be reusable.

Endman
May 18, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

Speaking from my own meager experience here, but you definitely want to use wet-erase markers. "Oh, this is so neat", he said, shuffling through the sheets for one side and inadvertently erasing several random wounds in the process.

This is really smart, thank you! I absolutely would have made that mistake.

Endman
May 18, 2010

I feel like chewing through all that armour will make for a super boring time

Endman
May 18, 2010

Ahh, no worries then. I’m probably just thinking too much in the context of my lovely succession war lance and their inability to even strip paint off of things half the time :v:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Are these from the Kickstarter? If so, that's encouraging. I really like the compromise between old and new aesthetics. I always preferred the old stuff to the weird "hypermodern" take done by MWO, but this is great too.

Endman
May 18, 2010

I painted the little trashcan that could

Endman
May 18, 2010

Thank you for the kind words, friends

e: lovely snype oh no

Endman
May 18, 2010

Cored by my own child shooting a nerf pellet directly into my reactor

Endman
May 18, 2010

I have to say, 'Mechs look drat good in red

Endman
May 18, 2010

I’ve noticed some paints can get really bubbly if you thin them down too much, especially if you’re not careful using a wet pallet.

Endman
May 18, 2010

I managed to avoid most of the memes, so I just like the Urbanmech for what it is - an autocannon with legs.

I’m happy to have gotten one with my Clan Invasion box, but one is probably enough as much as I love light mechs.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Comstar posted:

Back in the ‘90s there were no points- only way you balanced anything was tonnage. Try doing equal tonnage Clans vs IS and play IS and see how much you like it.

Yes I’m still bitter.

Now you know how the inner sphere felt when the clans invaded; it's interactive storytelling!

Endman
May 18, 2010

I support anything that means putting lots of Locusts in my lists is a good idea

Endman
May 18, 2010

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Battle Cobra before; those eyes are hilarious

Endman
May 18, 2010

Pro-tip: paint yellow over a pink undercoat, it covers way better

Endman
May 18, 2010

PhotoKirk posted:

Meh.

1st amendment. Y'all would be doing backflips if it was left-wing masturbatory fantasy.

I just want to have giant robots punch each other.

The state of this post, my god

Endman
May 18, 2010

Gone woke, went broke due to backing the kickstarter

Endman
May 18, 2010

I like how in the BT novel Wolves on the Border it states that engagement ranges for 'Mechs are ludicrously short compared to what would be normal a millennium earlier because nobody knows how to make targeting computers good.

Endman
May 18, 2010

lilljonas posted:

”Mixed scale” is a thing in 28mm scale as well, but few people realize or admit it. It got super obvious for us when we were making ww2 terrain. If you make actually 1:56 scaled houses, anything bigger than huts will take up a huge chunk of a table. A small, properly scaled, village church will eat up 1/4th of a common 4’x6’ table, same for things like station buildings. You need to adjust length proportions a lot to get houses that feel ok but still leaves you with playing area.

1/144 scale buildings work really well for 1/100 scale armies for the same reason, I've found.

If you're playing Classic Battletech on hexes, I'd say forget about accuracy of scale and just put down what looks good and works with the hexes.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Arquinsiel posted:

Ravens suffer from having to pack in a whole pile of heavy E-war gear that just isn't worth the effort in most games.

Part of the reason I don't really play games past the initial Clan Invasion (I know the Raven is Fourth(?) Succession) is because all these bits of fancy gear make my head hurt I just want to shoot guns at robbits

Endman
May 18, 2010

I went for the Veteran level myself; it seems like decently good value, especially considering the forcepacks will almost certainly be cheaper later with a FLGS discount.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

You can ask to see your opponents sheets before the game right? I wasn't familiar with a vehicle and the guy i was playing just told me the stats and got really salty when I asked to actually see the sheet.

I hope you beat him, because his attitude sucks

Endman
May 18, 2010

Yeah they wouldn’t just waste valuable design work, it just means it’s much further in the future than KS fulfilment for this campaign

Endman
May 18, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

I say hit him with the rules reference. Then double check all of his numbers because he's definitely cheating. And then ask him what is so profoundly wrong with his life that he is metaphorically searching his couch for change by needing a win at BattleTech by cheating

I feel like this would just escalate and make the op look like the bigger rear end in a top hat.

Just don’t play with the dude again if he’s not going to let you see his record sheets.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Deliberately playing poo poo mechs and using drop tonnage instead of BV to deliberately unbalance the game is actually a lot of fun.

Endman
May 18, 2010

GD_American posted:

This is literally how everyone actually played it for the first decade

And they were right to do so

Endman
May 18, 2010

I'm looking forward to the pursuit lance so I can add a Cicada and a Clint to my Capellans

Only 'Mechs of the highest quality for my lances :v:

Endman
May 18, 2010

I assure you that while it may look intimidating, the Clint extended warranty and service subscription is more than worth it

Endman
May 18, 2010

KS finished at $7.5 million USD :toot:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Dr. Lunchables posted:

What i mean to say is, "do late pledges/pledge manager things count toward the stretch goals?"

I don't think so, no.

Everything they've posted will eventually come out, just further in the future. So probably not until 2025 given that this KS is slated for fulfillment in June 2024.

Of course, Catalyst sticking to their timeframes is incredibly optimistic.

Endman
May 18, 2010

king crab king crab king crab

*slamming fists on table*

KING CRAB KING CRAB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

King Crab reporting for duty