Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'm torn between thinking this will normalize the idea of RFID implants, which is cool, and gently caress no because employers shouldn't be the ones doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

gotta get the reprogrammable rfid spoofer to be a true decker
I'll probably get poo poo on for this, but whatever. I implanted mine and the reactions I get from people at work when I open doors by tapping my bare hand to card readers are more than worth the cost. I have no illusion that it's normal or will ever become mainstream, but I see it as like a piercing for function rather than form.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

lol you let your bosses implant you so you could do tricks
I can program it to whatever the hell is most convenient. My boss was one of the "what the gently caress, you actually did that?" people.

edit:

scene: an optimistic fiction set 100 years from now, when public universities still exist

"we dug him up, quick, get the hand!"

[in university building that hasn't been significantly upgraded since 2020]

*vandals bring my hand to the door of the server room*

"hurry up, get it out!"

*kid touches the dilapidated remains of my hand to the card reader, which opens because my card was never deactivated on retirement or death*
*kids look around in awe*

"wow, they sure have a lot of old crap stored in here. oh wait, I found something!"

*kids disconnect 35 school districts and 3 state police precincts from the Internet by unplugging network cables*

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 04:22 on Aug 21, 2018

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Lol, it's the loving Tesla Model 3 of shoes.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

crazy cloud posted:

the most completely bullshit tinfoil hat belief that i kinda unironically could get into is probably something like recalls like this being a psyop to condition people to distrust foods that don't come in a processed shelf stabilized branded form, both to produce low-grade malnutrition so nobody gets any bright ideas with their functioning and healthy brain, and to increase pop-tart profits in the long term lmao
There are no regulations for testing irrigation water for pathogens and what the Obama administration approved has been postponed by Trump admin until 2022, with a two year grace period for large farms and four for small farms. Don't forget that Trump's campaign issues contained, at one point, easing or eliminating refrigeration requirements for food production, transport, and storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Exactly the same poo poo as every time: cows die, natural predators go for soft tissue, people see cows without tongues, sex organs, or blood, and jump to cults or aliens. If scavengers don't get to them fast, it takes 10 hours for blowfly eggs to hatch and eat away at wherever they were laid.
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4456