Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

well, hostiles are trying

deklein being 30b in mining better than fuckin venal is just the best

our loving overflow region of querious outmines their best region

Looking forward to hearing about the Jita 4-4 Naval Conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I've been out of EVE for a while, but I remember the ISRAD ~Schism of the Try-Hards~ and given what I knew about PL's "get results or get out" ~srsbzns~ culture, I'd imagine there's a toll that's taken when you hire yourself out to lovely alliances who can't properly defend themselves with their own members, see close-up how poorly they're administrated and managed, and reach a point where you wonder why even bother taking these people's isk when they're clearly holding space simply because no one's tried taking it yet.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

If you kill everyone worth killing, the next alliance to die of apathy, boredom, and infighting is us.

The Blue Donut is the dream of pubbies. Building Delve into an impenetrable fortress gives people a reason to envy and hate, and it'd be hilarious to watch the sand castle get kicked over eventually, too. Everything burns eventually.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Huh, I've got a Moros in VFK that's been alive since we lived in Angel space. I wonder how feasible it'd be to get a GM to move it, or if I'd have to resub for a month.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

working mom posted:

They don't move stuff that have jump drives at all anymore, but it should be asset safety moved to lowsec anyway for a fee

Could you elaborate on this? I have enough in liquid isk and assets to just replace it, but it sounds to me like supercarriers are doing the work of dreadnoughts now. I kind of want to save it simply because it's a lucky ship that survived every hot drop ever on it. It even survived a mistaken jump to a fully-armed BoB deathstar.

EDIT: Never mind, Google's a wonderful thing. :downs:

Also, the Moros is in DO6H-Q, it seems.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 20, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

we probably won't take back deklein, they changed the game so that you want as many systems inside a single 6LY radius as possible and deklein is like the absolute worst for that poo poo

delve is unironically better, no matter how :mensch: it sounds for us to be all "DIDNT WANTREADY REPLACED" about deklein

your space trash can be retrieved by triggering asset safety, where it will teleport all your stuff to lowsec for 15% of its value

Or, in my case, I just noticed my Moros in DO6H and two ships I had in VFK are being moved ~gratis~ to my old cache of "stuff" in Villasen. :krad:

I just have to wait ~18d for the free "slow boat" service. I'm convinced while that Moros lives, Goons in EVE will never die. It's been blessed with the spirit of Old Ironsides and been bathed in the blood of hundreds of BoB Deathstars.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 27, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Risky Bisquick posted:

What’s your eve name destruya?

Kayl Breinhar. Haven't played in a while, and recently got purged, but I know I can come back whenever.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Die Zombie Die posted:

ASCN, I was there for that on the ASCN side. CYVOK was an idiot who did not understand game mechanics.

Yet strangely enough, through roundabout reasoning and cause/effect, if he hadn't made Molle butthurt by being the first to build one, it wouldn't have created the vacuum in Feyth we temporarily filled when ASCN got rolled, which put us in a decent strategic position to headshot Delve. If he hadn't, we'd likely have never left Detorid.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Its against the Karmafleet TOS to spy. Everyone who joins goonswarm signs an NDA and if they are caught spying Mittani sues them in small claims court.

RMTing done right.

Cease to Hope posted:

joining comms gives them a bunch of logged info on you that can be used if you're later put in a position of trust

God, the ~internet detectivery~ in the days of SOLO DRAKBAN was the stuff of legend.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 30, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Not sure if there's some way the corp can profit (like an affiliate link through CCP), but GMG just put up a ~yuge~ EVE sale today - not sure how many PLEX is required to resub an account, though (I made sure to trim anything that looked like a referral ID out of both links): https://www.greenmangaming.com/titles/eve-online-titles/

EDIT: 500 for 30 days. So this seems to be the best deal since it'd give you two months plus multi-character training for ~$22: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/eve-online-star-pack-pc/

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 1, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Kinetica posted:

Whatever happened to solo drakban?

Running GF.com was like a second job on top of the many jobs he already did - there were times when he had to put the site under professional-grade DDoS protection thanks to a friend of his who did enterprise IT for CBS. He actually logged in less than Mittens.

Firos posted:

Can you sell multiple character training time (as a voucher or whatever) or is it account bound?

Seems they're on sale in Jita for ~1.092b each, so that $22 GMG pack not only comes with two months of Omega (factoring in the PLEX it comes with), but seemingly ~2.2b in saleable items, too - which works out to ~660 PLEX, which is enough for a third month plus a healthy amount to mess around with. By extension, the $42.50 one is a worse deal, because it comes with three months of Omega, 1100 PLEX (good for two months + ~300m) and two MCTs (2.2b in Jita). I guess it'd be different if the more expensive pack came with more MCTs.

It also seems you can only buy one of each pack per account, which means you'd have to register under a new email to get a second.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 2, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Watch the new Korean company give EVE the SWG Combat Update deathblow.

"Tier 3 Titans! Everyone starts with a Battleship! No more permaloss on items so long as you're on an 'Omega Supreme' account! Dear God help us recoup what we paid!"

One thing I always wanted them to put in were formalized private stargates. Make them deployable only in heavily upgraded systems, and anchor them to upgraded outposts. And make it possible to aim a one-way stargate at a cluster of lowsec where the system you get spat out in is randomized.

That'd give you some good wars, *and* spur PvE because you'd obviously need good upkeep to keep the private stargate network operational.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 6, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

EvilElmo posted:

I've forgotten my goonfleet and eve logon details, and which spam email account I used.

RIP old accounts. RIP.

edit: Alright, figured out the email account. I just don't have access to that account anymore to reset the passwords. :| Time to start again.

I think I remember ~long ago~ that someone with the same issue was able to contact CCP customer service and provide proof/bonafides they were the person who originally owned the account.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

EvilElmo posted:

I'll see what I can do.

I was able to do it with a few other games when I lost access to my old .edu email address, so it's definitely worth a shot.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Pomp posted:

Money hat me next

Yeah, Kayl has Gallente Titan and Doomsday Op V trained. Free Erebus, please?

(kidding as it's been so long since I've played that I'd be a liability with anything larger than a carrier)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Just FYI, those discounted EVE time/PLEX packages are going off sale in about 4 1/2 hours: https://www.greenmangaming.com/titles/eve-online-titles/

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So I just had an idea - feel free to poo poo all over it: Black Ops Capitals

No, not supercaps that cloak for reasons other than safespotting, but rather slick-fit slightly-debuffed carriers, dreadnoughts, and FAX that can use a capital-sized black-ops cloak. Give the dreads reduced damage, but augment it with a phenomena-style 'debuff' for enemy ships on grid (which should scale in intensity with the size of the fleet), and give the carriers less fighters to play with.

But what I'd really like is the idea that these ships should be able to jump without a cyno beacon on the other side. It shouldn't be as precise as using a cyno, but the FC of the fleet these things are in should be able to aim at a constellation in the region they're targeting, and depending on the amount of ships in the fleet, the jump should be more accurate to a given system, to simulate being able to network the ships' navigational computers together for a more accurate blind jump. If you wanted to make it more 'black ops-ey,' make it so a scout needs to place a navigational beacon in the target system that will self-destruct after a given period, but will also show up on scan if you're dumb enough to drop one too close to a heavily-trafficked spot.

Obviously the targets for these things would be anomaly runners and poorly-defended moon mining POSes.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 9, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Rutibex posted:

I heard they dissolved into a puddle like the wicked witch of the west

"And having won EVE back when it was cool, we saw no need to keep playing it anymore now that it was lame and required us to do actual work."

PL, the hipster alliance.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mr. Pickles posted:

HAHAHAHAHA PL IS GONE?

goongrats all, have fun SMITING the north

Not gone, just not the boogeyman of EVE anymore.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

it's probably been said already but the continuing implosion of the north is still hilarious

The War of Idiotic Attrition.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The only thing that would make a Palatine keepstar worthwhile is if they renamed it to the Palantir keepstar, and the gimmick it had is being able to open huge stable K>K wormholes that could target regions - not specific systems.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Rutibex posted:

They should just make clones of all those lovely mobile games like Candy Crush...

"Ore Crusher."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I honestly don't know why they don't steal the mechanic from Elite and allow you to jump tremendously long distances with the fatigue building up at the destination. The longer you jump, the more fatigue you receive. I mean, having been on long-distance capital move ops, I can tell you right now that SCap/Cap FCs' blood pressures would go down immensely if it was a simple A>B procedure.

And perhaps link it so jumps work like warp bubbles do now - only in a jump bubble, you've some time to go get yourself a drink/hit the bathroom quickly. As a counter, have it generate such a signature that the party you're attacking (and anyone who bothers to look at the galaxy map) can actually *see* the line of the fleet en route, and a general estimate of the time of arrival and the target constellation, but not the system. Maybe even add an upgrade to an outpost that can tell you the target system five minutes before the fleet arrives, or you can scan it out.

CCP's new owners are going to be pissed if EVE stagnates and there aren't any headlines, and that's when really stupid poo poo gets implemented.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Kinetica posted:

Because elite is actually worse than eve, and it might be catching like some sort of space herpes

Well, then - something more convoluted. Seems the thing you need to jump in EVE is a fixed point in space. Can't get any more "fixed point" than a star.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

The best part was pl deploying 200k off on the opposite side and being completely useless

I'm sure they were glaring really hard at you.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Ynglaur posted:

Just saw Naz's post in r/Eve, and I kind of like his idea. Rather than nerf capitals, buff something that should be dangerous to capitals (in his example, T2 battleships).

I've always liked the idea of specifically-tuned subcapital ships (Super HACs, in a way) that are designed to mount capital class weaponry (only two guns/launchers, max) with a movement or accuracy penalty, depending on the target.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Rutibex posted:

They should make T2 Corvettes

Technically, these would be Interceptors. A corvette comes before a frigate in ship size ranking, so an interceptor is a cut-down frigate built for speed over firepower and hardiness.

I've always thought there should be 'pocket carriers' (in the days before supercaps could use gates) which could use gates - but now that all capitals can transit systems like any other ship, perhaps pocket carriers should be able to operate in highsec? Or maybe even just a T2 battleship with a bay large enough to carry two fighters inside? You could tailor the fighter damage to complement the BS main weapon damage.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I still remember being the first dipshit in Goonfleet to start carrying T2 large bubbles in his carrier on the off chance they'd be useful. Is it still fleet doctrine?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So I see CCP decided to add in player-placed stargates, but only gave them the range of a jump bridge. :toot:, I guess?

Being able to coordinate them with neighboring alliance's will be a boon, but I also foresee much :ccp:-ing with the implementation.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Eh, it's not the same thing as the "gates" feature they've been teasing for three years. It's just a replacement for JBs so they can finally excise POS code from this gay earth.

I never understood why they didn't make a class of ships that aren't simply flying one-way glass cannon stargates. Like a Titan, just without any weapons, so smaller alliances can build and use them.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Is hunting for officer spawns still a pain?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's even more difficult now -- you can't speed tank them like you used to. You need 1-2 carriers I think?

I always wished that officer spawns would be an ultra-rare escalation from an anomaly.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So, God help me, I activated the "Star Packs" I got from GMG on Kayl and Khan. Kayl I'm training toward a Rorqual, since while I'm sitting on ~30b in assets, that's enough to buy a Rorq, but it's not like I'm going to make my first act when coming back jumping in a super-expensive rock-sucker, but it does seem like a quicker way to get me the funds needed to get into an Erebus eventually.

I can't for the life of me figure out what I want to train on Khan, so I just put Interceptors V and Jump Freighters IV in queue. I've got 1.374m SP banked on Kayl and 1.475m banked on Khan.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 17, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So I want to make sure I don't train anything superfluous - Rorqs just use drones, right? Very expensive drones, but drones.

And yes, I've got the PANIC module set to train as well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Right, you don't need any gunnery or any poo poo like that. You can skip an extended leadership train, too, if you aren't planning on using them to support subcap miners.

You do want to have cynos, capital shield reps, capital shield tanking, and whatnot trained as well.

I've got Mining Director queued up simply because Kayl's got 205m SP and a full boat of leadership skills regardless. That can wait until after I've gotten everything else trained, though.

But yeah, I do have to train Industrial Reconfiguration V - thankfully I've got it plugged in and Level 1 trained, so no need to train Mass Prod V and AMP IV. I'd also imagine the 1.374m SP would be a nice chunk off the top, but no reason to use that just yet.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 18, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Also - question for the far-off future, since I don't have forum/wiki access at the moment - does the Capswarm skillset for Titans include Phenomena Generation, or are there bound to be so many titans on the field now that only a certain subset would be mounting those?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Rutibex posted:

If you manage to get a Titan before you get wiki access please post how.

I'm a good 60b shy in liquid assets from being able to commission an Erebus. As for Wiki access, I just put in my app for Kayl using the Wiki's guidelines for returning members.

I'd also imagine I'm going to spend a healthy amount of time re-acclimating to the game after not playing since roughly 2014.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the MER has been excellent for convincing miners to join up and take advantage of the rorqual and skill injector subsidies so we can double that 19T figure

It got me to resub and start training towards a Rorq, so...

Wouldn't shock me if CCP, who are always horny for headlines, especially now that they've got a parent company to impress, doesn't double down and give us ever more grandiose and expensive (and destructible) things to buy/build. An ORE Titan, pilotable outposts (literal Death Stars, save for the name) to dwarf Titans as the biggest dick on the grid, why the gently caress not at this point? They already crossed the Faction Titan line.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 20, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

here's how the new sov works

Yet ultimately it seems little changed simply because it still comes down to who can field the most and best fleets in all time zones to harass and keep a targeted alliance/bloc docked up and bored, and the rest of the game hates each other enough now to probably never mass-ally with each other ever again, unless CCP nerfs Imperium space heavily...and even then, given the findings of that recent MER, I'd imagine it'd be quite some time before any economic impact or vulnerability would be felt, and we'd have ample time to move to whatever space was made most lucrative.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

i'm more of a bottom, is there a division for me

GSOL. Doing all the grunt work behind the scenes while all the supercap pilots get the glory.