Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Spam Musubi posted:

League of Legends MMO called RUNETERRA

old post but I unironically really want this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I said come in! posted:

A League of Legends MMORPG would probably be the game to overthrow World of Warcraft and re-energize the MMORPG genre.

legit don't know if you're kidding or not

....but I sure as well would play it!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I just wish respeccing wasnt so loving expensive for classic WoW, I've gotten so used to changing talents/traits easily in games like GW2 and ESO

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

juggalo baby coffin posted:

wow classic will be enjoyed by a very small group of people

you underestimate the new streamer meta of videogames

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

It's just so hard to find an MMO that hooks me up these days, everything straight up feels soulless

WoW Classic is like the only exception and even then I feel like I have brain damage by liking it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

not gonna lie the time it takes to form groups for specific dungeons in Classic is starting to annoy me a lot

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How is ESO these days anyway, is it actually good or is it just getting by on bethesda fanboys.

some of the content was great from someone that loved Morrowind (the Morrowind and Clockwork City DLCs), but the combat is straight up garbage lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I want to peek into the universe where Warhammer Age of Reckoning didn't loving die bros :negative:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

retpocileh posted:

and a big mysterious world that you can actually get lost in

this "mystery" part that I see people talk about vanilla WoW a lot is loving impossible these days, where shortly after launch you are able to find every single secret/guide on youtube about it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Truga posted:

warframe is extremely good about f2p mechanics. the only thing you need to buy is frame/weapon slots, and if you have for -75% sale 20 bucks will be enough to afford slots for like 80% weapons/frames, which is like 200 hours of playing before you'll spend all that.

not gonna lie the last TennoCon stream I was VERY surprised by the numbers of viewers it had, I didnt know Warframe was still that popular

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

s-stop liking what I dont like....

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

good, let it be buried forever as a testament to horrible decisions

...gaming companies learn from the mistakes of the past right?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I dont even know what to want from MMOs anymore, I tried WoW Classic but found boring by level 35, then tried FFXIV out expecting to dislike it but I ended up liking it a loving lot, even though it has its flaws and is basically the definition of modern theme park MMO that a lot of gamers and goons absolutely hate and will never touch it

Maybe something cool will come up in the future but for me it will take a lot for an MMO content to be as good as Shadowbringers was to me

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

eonwe posted:

id love to try FF XIV again I think

I heard if you can suffer through the vanilla content the rest is graet

I will never blame anyone for giving up on FFXIV due to the slog that the base game MSQ and post release patch content is, until you reach proper Heavensward content

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Rexicon1 posted:

There will never be a good MMO ever again.

just wait for Burning Crusade Classic lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Glenn Quebec posted:

New World is a test bed for what works and what doesn't for the lord of the rings mmo

Isnt there already a LotR MMO that is semi-successful? Do they just want one that has more graphixxx involved?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

bury this genre

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

all the FFXIV expansions had amazing soundtracks, spread through all kinds of content

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wheres the blizzard death watch thread again, this latest sueing by California is something else if the stories are true godDAMN

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Frog Act posted:

I think there's definitely something to that, but I also think that there's a big untapped market of people who either used to play MMOs and yearn for a return to the golden age, and a big contingent of younger gamers who have never been introduced to the genre but would probably go bonkers and spend the ten thousand hours they'd have otherwise spent in LoL or something playing Everquest 3.

you used LoL as an example but I think the best bet for that would be exactly the MMO Riot is working on currently

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

now that even STALKER 2 has it for some stupid reason, whats the first mainstream MMO thats is gonna have NFT bullshit

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ruh roh

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what does this means for us MMO bros

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/01/18/welcoming-activision-blizzard-to-microsoft-gaming/

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

How's the Riot MMO going everyone?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AHHHH ITS OVER FOR THE RIOT MMO

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/1633234667527897088

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

still in early development (lmao)

WoW and FFXIV remain kings

https://twitter.com/MarcMerrill/status/1633235987030773762

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

im waiting for Soulframe (the other Fantasy Warframe) myself

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Last King posted:

did anyone make it into this? i signed up and it's live but didn't get in :smith:

combat in this game feels awkward, I have to say

and I dont like the Premade Character With a Set of Abilities in the setting/environment. It feels perfectly fine in Warframe but not here, kinda hard to explain

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"king of class balance during WoW’s golden era" hmmm is this true? calling all REAL WoW veterans here

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

man this game isnt going to be made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

go back to original Guild Wars style "take any 8 skills available to you" and I will love it forever

Empty quoting