Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

has anyone found the catch to Blue Protocol yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Just play OSRS instead of any of this dogshit

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Truga posted:

it's funny how the jedi are the worst part of almost every starwar

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

He could always call Curt Schilling for some advice.

oof

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Throne and Liberty looks like an absolute disaster

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I said come in! posted:

May I please have a current-gen graphics version of Anarchy Online with modern day quality of life MMO features?

Best I can do is a current-gen graphics version of Lineage 2 with auto-play and 2003 targeting and movement.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Third World Reagan posted:

I went to check the forum and it is 2 people complaining about it being a group based game with horrible soloing and only like 40-60 people online.

there are only so many masochists that are the ideal player for that game, and most of them are playing Project: 1999 or any other flavor of old Everquest available

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Fajita Queen posted:

Hell yes it was. Being a primary contributor to getting Tempus Thales banned is one of my proudest posting moments

was he an awful New World shill?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Compared to Chris Roberts they are amateurs though.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

they're doing another one now

right when everyone is playing BG3 lol

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Cardboard Fox posted:

Reading through a gamefaqs guide to find the ASCII map for a dungeon in Final Fantasy VIII in the 90s was the peak of video game guides. It's all been downhill from there.

I often think of the ancient internet sages who wrote the first comprehensive GameFAQs guides. What happened to them? Did they continue all the way into Let's Plays and Youtube walkthroughs? Are they the same people, now middle-aged, that churn out guides on Steam?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Fajita Queen posted:

I think Classic WoW and FFXIV are the only cases where that hasn't happened, and maybe Age of Wushu? Every other mmo I've played with goons or heard about goons playing there's been at least one major catastrophic drama bomb that's resulted in a big split or dissolution or some other insane poo poo.

Archeage and New World are two of my favorite examples but there are so, so many.

What happened in ArcheAge and New World?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

This may be a long shot, but maybe one of you has enough ancient internet proto-MMO experience to know what I’m asking about:

Does anyone remember a really indie alpha MMO that I’m pretty sure was just one dude on a forum developing it, set entirely in different tiers of an underground city?

I don’t think the underground city was dwarves, maybe it was elves or dark elves or a completely new underground race. Fantasy, possibly post magic apocalypse vibes.

I’m curious if anyone knows what the hell I’m talking about and if it ever came to fruition, it probably ended up being an abandoned project like so many others but this is the first time I’ve thought about it in like, twenty years. Definitely at least that old.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

PookBear posted:

Pve MMOs with non instanced housing is the dumbest poo poo

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

very excited

you guys keep your EQ and UO clones, let me have this one

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Blue Protocol hype has disappeared, hasn’t it. I wonder why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Kevin Bacon posted:

ill probably buy and play that game even though it looks like dogshit

I was sorting through old stuff and found the Tabula Rasa Collector's Edition box the other day. gently caress.