Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Lets not say things we'll regret later

stardust crusaders wasn't super great imo compared to parts 2 and 4. a yakuza-like based on part 4 would be incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
does gregg come with soda cup accessories

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

I just a got a GBA copy of the Mother 3 translation and I’m gonna play it on my Game Boy Player :cool:

that's a dope Saturday

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i can respect wanting the game to end with possum springs in flames. gregg and angus want nothing more than to leave as soon as they possibly can, it's heavily implied that your homeless buddy kills himself when the city council makes it clear they don't want him in their town, everyone is just in general kind of miserable

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Regarding your spoiler, I thought a dev confirmed that that didn't happen

oh, i haven't read any dev interviews about it but you'd have to be a big optimist to interpret that sequence otherwise imo (I'm not a big optimist)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

I'm in jail now.

are you playing blade stranger

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i am back from anime town. it was a little overwhelming but i saw a cool bloodborne cosplay (amid hordes of my hero academia) and got to try some cool arcade games and bought some cute pins. and it didn't smell nearly as bad as i thought it would!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you should get paid for your commute

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Isn't BoI extra content loathed at this point over how much it bloated the game to the point where people made mods to remove the extra upgrades?

i thought antibirth was one of those streamlining mods so lol at having to pay for it now

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you still want multi-disc games you can always buy physical PC games

the three different flavors of monster really completes this

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I had to do a couple of hours of unpaid work at home, on this most holy of days. gently caress

Going to reward myself with some reheated ‘za and MHW

I'm sorry you had to do work you were not compensated for. make up for it by taking an exceptionally long poop break tomorrow

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Andrast posted:

the worst fate imaginable

the average goon would become an unstoppable god slayer with a massive harem if trapped in an mmo, trust me I've seen enough isekai

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

the only artifact here is this design philosophy!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
shartifact

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Nothing turns me off faster from an RPG then dungeons with puzzles, or having to pointlessly hit switches.

it's better than empty corridors

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Star Fox Zero is such utter trash. Holy poo poo.

the arwing parts are pretty dope if you can grasp the controls

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Been playing Tales of Berseria, and holy poo poo the main antagonist of the game is such a hateable villain. Its no wonder the main character is a bit hosed in the head because of the stuff the bad guy did during the prologue. I just wish I could beat the everloving poo poo out of him sooner, instead of after like 40+ hours of gameplay because JRPGs.

the final battle with him is amazing and worth it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I am at the point in Dragon Quest XI where the entire world opens up to you and you're asked to go find some stuff with absolutely zero direction as to where you should be going. The game is a lot of fun but I am too stupid for this and am going to need a walkthrough now.

that's every dragon quest game. i think it's fine to not have any direction for side content but expecting the player to wander around until they stumble upon the plot again is kinda lame

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For all of Humble's faults at least they're not doing this

what is the difference between orange bitcoin and green bitcoin

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgerdGijF4

The new mario party honestly seems... good?

- No car
- Boards are much smaller than usual
- Stars only cost 10 coins, items only cost 5-10
- There's a good amount of items that let you steal stars/coins
- Every character has their own specific dice they can roll instead of the standard dice block, if they so choose. Shy Guy's is a 0 and then nothing but 4s, instead of the 1-6 progression of a standard block, Bowser's is Lose 3 Coins, Lose 3 coins, 1, 7, 8, 9, for instance.
- You can get characters that weren't picked as buddies via items and certain spaces, or winning certain minigames, and that lets you use their dice
- Only two stars are given away at the end

unironically excited to debate mario party tier lists

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I played the WiiU Mario Party at PAX to kill an hour with my friends at the end of one of the days and the fact that games are down to half an hour instead of being three hour slogs is amazing. If the price of that is the car then so be it.

i played the new bishi bashi with my friends last weekend and cooperative warioware is something I wish there were more of

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Wait what new Bishi Bashi

it was a Japanese arcade cabinet with a copyright date of 2018... Bishi Bashi Channel i think

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSuperSpinD/status/1038463843247292416

Should I play Tropical Freeze

Edit: The humor is lessened by the image going at the top of the post, thanks forums

it you like 2d platformers then yes yes yes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Even though Lara is more popular, she is jealous of how Samus has (sometimes indirectly and sometimes on purpose) exploded no less than three entire planets while causing genocide on an interplanetary level.

three planets and an alternate dimension

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

babypolis posted:

ill stop know, sorry for making GBS threads up the thread with politics bullshit

always be talking about politics imo

I'm reasonably sure the people who whinge about politics infesting their favorite thread are the ones with the dumbest opinions, or at least have their heads firmly stuck in the sand

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

Just use youtube for cooking videos and video game music. Steer well clear of any opinion stuff.

i can't imagine using youtube for anything besides video game music

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i deleted my facebook a few months ago and it felt liberating after grad school practically forced me to start using it again

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

naoto is much better than chie

i used to care about this debate but then i remembered they're both cops

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

I will never understand how KB+M is meant to be a good way of playing FPSs. The double stick method is so much more intuitive.

dual analog is a garbage way to play shooting games. give me a mouse or gyro controls

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hell yeah

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I've got a few days coming up where my wife is out of town on a business trip and it'll just be me and my 1 yo. I'm likely to buy a game to fill this time with, but I'm torn between Spider-Man and Dragon Quest XI. I like both franchises, but Spider-Man is the game my coworkers bought and have been talking about, and Dragon Quest is a little light on the web swinging. However, Spider-Man seems like a game I would complete in a few days and never touch again, whereas DQXI could eat up dozens and dozens of hours of my life if it's as good as people keep saying it is.

If only this was a clear Paragon/Renegade choice...

spider man is more likely to go on sale in a few months

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i can't speak to whether or not i made the rules for that thread because i honestly don't remember but what i do kind of remember is the thread first came about because a group of posters basically wanted to keep this one senran kagura sincereposter guy in a cage to point and laugh at basically

good news, the thread had evolved into two sincere posters talking to each other perpetually about this cool series that is primarily known for sexualizing high school students

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Actually it was two posters who hated each other's guts arguing constantly

lol that owns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Verranicus posted:

The Senran Kagura games aren't bad. :shrug: The gacha has some great graphics for a phone game and the cooking game was a rare instance of a decent non-indie rhythm game on PC.

okay but

FirstAidKite posted:

it felt like its existence was trying to normalize the sexualization of minors

and that's bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Ok I just had to look up Senran Kagura, and I'm not sure how you would get 'these are minors' over 'these are standard anime 'cute' girls', but that's off a cursory glance.

Gay dude without a dog in the race, just saying.

the games are set in high school, all of the characters are high school students. even if you try to claim they're 18, hey guess what a difference of one year doesn't magically make it less weird

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
like okay i can respect someone who likes titty and rear end. if the characters were all adults I'd still think senran kagura's particular brand of sex appeal is super extra but at least it wouldn't be predatory

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i want all of them

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

95% of DLC has been complete trash, as someone who has bought a lot of DLC.

that 95% consists of all the costumes and skins, yeah

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma

Live-A-Live

Final Fantasy Legend aka SaGa 1, I think that one was short. Can't remember if the other 2 FF Legend games were short or not.

I think Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was kinda short

Most Ys games are pretty short, especially Ys 1 and 2, though they're intended to be played one right after the other.

Does Half-Minute Hero count? :P

live a live owns, and the structure makes it perfect for shorter bursts of jrpg. you basically just have seven individual pocket sized stories that share a neat battle system. and i think you can save anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

highly controversially, i'd say that like 75% of the cast of chrono trigger doesn't really get any interesting writing outside of some of their brief sidequests and the only party member i really felt got anything satisfying in the end was magus, the guy you can kill and cut out of his entire resolution

you're not wrong

• Locked thread