Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

man nurse posted:

I've platinum'd both of the Shenmue games and I'm finished with Kiwami 2 already. I don't know what to do with my life.

Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I just a got a GBA copy of the Mother 3 translation and I’m gonna play it on my Game Boy Player :cool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

So this should be the greatest pinball table of all time then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKDvjVzpNQ

I’m confused because you’re stating an objective truth like it is sarcasm??

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Verranicus posted:

So I asked this on Reddit earlier this week, but I'd be curious to hear goon takes: What MMOs do you think are most likely to bite the dust next?

I hope all of them

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

homeless snail posted:

tfw you look up hentai games with wireless onahole controllers as a joke, and ebay continues to send you deals on onaholes weeks later. massive self own

Ah, yes. The Eichenwald Defense.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

I literally never fell in a pit in mgs2, game is not hard

Yeah are people just not doing pull-ups or what here

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Heartcatch posted:

Everything is shame here though.

Never be ashamed to Game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Rarity posted:

But what if people think I'm lame to game :ohdear:

that’s a shame

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

lol

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Good morning friends. Today I am going to play Wolfenstein: New Order and probably Etrian Odyssey Untold, because games where you have to draw maps are extremely cool and I love them. With Wolfenstein I have gotten into the trap of getting all the collectibles and reaching Platinum/100% Completion, because those things satisfy me immensely and they seem easy enough to do. I am tired of the dumb cutscenes which have to play at least partially to cover up loading but I am at 74% and I have unlocked a mode with infinite ammo and absurdly overcharged health on the hardest mode so I am pumped to see what else unlocks. Solving even a cheap math puzzle to get the unlocks is actually pretty cool and feels sort of like you’re actually breaking a code. Unlocking Perks by doing cool poo poo is also really satisfying. They really went out of their way to make you feel cool for accomplishing stuff, I like it.

I have Old Blood and New Colossus queued up and then I actually have a PS2 Wolfenstein and one for 360 (apparently just called “Wolfenstein” :geno:) and maybe I will play those after I get all the sidetrophies in Arkham City. If anybody read all of that and somehow has opinions on those other Wolfenstein games, please let me know.

Thank you for reading my video game opinions blog.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

UPDATE: instead of Etrian Odyssey I am going to keep playing Mother 3. I got to a part where I was playing a monkey being mistreated (who I named Steve) and it seemed like there was not going to be fighting but I will push through because it was very good before that and Etrian Odyssey is a game you play in bed while a sitcom is on or something

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Wow Reddit is really racist.

the Witcher Netflix show thing is the dumbest thing in the world and a lot of morons are very very angry

LawfulWaffle posted:

Keep playing and posting about Mother 3

I don’t want to spoil it for people

edit: I will say that the way they revealed the mother’s death was fuckin hilarious. “Well there is good news and bad news. The good news is that I found you this fuckin’ awesome sword. The bad news is that I found it sticking out of your wife. That’s the bad news. She is super dead.” Then the Dad just starts beating the poo poo out of innocent people with a stick. :stare: This game is amazing.

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 9, 2018

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

The Witcher Netflix show is casting, and the casting call for Ciri is looking for a non-white actress, so the internet has lost its racist mind

I didn’t realize they hadn’t even cast a specific person yet. Video games ... were a mistake 😑

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Is there a reason they're deciding to change Ciri from a pale as all hell polish lady to something else? Isn't she super fair skinned because she's a descendant of the elves or something? Along with the fact that the sun barely ever seems to come out in that universe.

Ok well it is hosed up to make a setting where there aren’t darker-than-white-skinned people, dude.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Do not try and Platinum The New Colossus, it has the single worst hard mode/trophy I've ever seen

unless it is one of those modes where you’re not allowed to die and it’s really hard I will probably at least try it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

yeah I don’t play those lol

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

McDragon posted:

I think Jackson Fury is a different Fury to whitey fury though because comics

It is my understanding that Sam Jackson Fury is Hasslehoff Fury’s son, but i haven’t read the books in a couple of years now.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

god drat the Sound Battle system in Mother 3 is so loving cool and satisfying. Getting into a battle and timing the hit and bopping your head and tapping your foot and bashing out 16 hits in a row and then the crowd cheering noise ... so loving awesome. Other games should have copied this

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i can't speak to whether or not i made the rules for that thread because i honestly don't remember but what i do kind of remember is the thread first came about because a group of posters basically wanted to keep this one senran kagura sincereposter guy in a cage to point and laugh at

Dark_TitsAnime is a forums treasure

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I got into the Trials Rising Beta :cool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Frozen Wilds is fun and very gorgeous and they hand you a bunch of OP gear.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i wish red faction guerrilla wasn't basically the only game offering its whole brand of building destruction afaik

it's still a really fun game but it's a bummer that nothing else really picked up what it put down

It is my understanding that it was excessively difficult to design buildings in that engine because if you didn’t make them actually architecturally sound they would just collapse under their own weight. I’d bet that’s why you don’t see it more often.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

hey remember gunbound

I was a member of another forum where we all played the poo poo out of it and it ruled

It is currently only available as an app in North America iirc :c

cheetah7071 posted:

It's weird thinking of all the huge gaming markets that are so disconnected from the kinds of games I play that I only know how huge they are from being told. Like sports games and the candy crush/peggle style of mobile game

There is an entire market of people buying and trading digital trading cards. Just, pictures of Star Wars characters or baseball players that you can look at on your phone. I have never even come across ads for it personally but it is a huge thing and it blows my mind.

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 20, 2018

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Verranicus posted:

If kids weren't obsessed with Fortnite they'd be obsessed with some other craze. Who cares? How is it a problem?

I don’t think anyone is really saying it’s a problem, just marveling that it is a whole video game thing that we, a community of people interested in video games, just do not engage with on that level.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Raxivace posted:

RIP Verranicus.

nah

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

oh pardon me it wasnt loli it was 'comedy rape' and 'high amounts of rape'

Like the description seems to be not too weird and then the warning tags are all “SPONTANEOUS COMEDY RAPE ORGY”

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

I just think it's funny that he can call his own games godlike, he's like the Mohammed Ali of game design

He made Resident Evil 2 and Bayonetta. He can definitely claim his own work as godlike, it owns

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Most of those Switch NES games are bad but Dr Mario still owns in 2018

I was really surprised to discover recently that a lot of people do not like Dr. Mario. It is a cool game and the music is awesome and the viruses are extremely cool looking.

a messed up horse posted:

in 1985 you were playing it on a crt with no input lag

that’s how I play it now :cool:

LeafyOrb posted:

I've had a rough month so I think I'm going to get wasted and play Yoshi's Woolly World tonight.

Do not play the bonus levels unless you want your depression to deepen, that poo poo is brutal

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

the autistic girl in the walking dead season 2 is maybe the worst writing ive ever seen in any video game, ever. dad acting like autism is some impossible to explain malady handed down by elder gods, there being a way to 'save' her but then she dies three minutes later randomly for no reason, everyone acting like she's better off dead

I actually never understood what her fuckin problem was lol

I thought she was just supposed to be super naive and sheltered

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

i think shes supposed to be autistic? 'cause in one scene shes having a kind of meltdown and is curled up in a ball and wringing her hands which is like, a common autism thing, and the way she kinda weirdly fails to relate to clementine is pretty autistic too

it would not surprise me if they did not have any idea what her deal was supposed to be while writing her tho

really theres a lot of games where some random character is vaguely autistic in a way that feels intentional but all the dialogue in game is like this HERETOFORE UNKNOWN MALADY VEXES HER DAILY and its like, dude, shes just autistic, hundreds of thousands of people are

I actually think you’re right I just think it’s funny that they were so cowardly about it that I didn’t pick it up at all while playing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Also the Walking Dead franchise in general has a really disturbing underlying theme that in the zombie apocalypse the mentally ill and handicapped are burdens and should probably just be killed

Like I do not think they do it on purpose but that is pretty much what always happens

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

theres an snk fighting game where a sexy anti-hero lady has her profile casually mention that she has autism and its so dumb that it loops back around to kind of ruling

loving lmao.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Yea it was Amy. That game.

Lol that game.

I think I have been confusing that game with Claire for a while

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Hopper posted:

Dude, age of social media. We all know full well that any kind of minor thing can set off the brigades.
Imagine they said she's autistic openly and some bored prick with too little real problems to deal with decided to take offence to their depiction of it.

Suddenly their Twitter is full of "you are depicting autism as a cripplinng disease, but in truth they are all gods children", "I wish your kid had autism so you would see where you went wrong" and "burn them at the stake and boycott their games".

you need to learn to read the room

VideoGames posted:

I played Super Hang On on my 3DS this morning for the first time since I played it as a 12 year old with their first console: the megadrive.

Whenever I played it back then it was so crushingly tough and I would hit those BirdBird signs over and over.

I would always run out of time around section 3 or 4 of Africa and fail equally poorly on the others.

Today I made it to section 5 of Africa and nearly the end of the race :D

Super Hang On is just Bad Outrun, and Outrun 3DS is the best version. You know what you must do.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Is Urban Champion Arcade in any way a good game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Sorry :( I've never seen any of the Bale Batman films. I remember someone running a movie night I got to sit in one for the second one but I didn't really pay any attention to it so I'd might as well have not seen it.

I like Batman, but they are overrated and Dark Knight Rises is the worst one

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

chumbler posted:

I thought Dark Knight Rises was supposed to be the Citizen Kane of movies or something.

It probably has the dumbest idea for the end of Batman I have ever seen, and I played Arkham Knight.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I've rarely been more ashamed that I play video games.

Welcome back.

Video games are extremely good, friend.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies were pretty good but imho they probably would have worked better just as straight crime dramas without the goofy costumes and voices. The Batman aspects added nothing for me personally. Wouldn’t have made the mega millions though.

Well you pretty regularly discuss how much you hate Batman so this is not surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

my mom also liked the PS1 Tetris game with the little archaeologist

Tetris Worlds

It rules.

• Locked thread