Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Already pre-ordered Dragon Quest 11: Echoes of an Elusive Age, going to also buy Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Mars, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am doing a playthrough of Night in the Woods currently. I love this game so much. I need these figures.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I read a couple paragraphs and yikes that was super lovely and dumb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Costco has a 1080p 32" Curved Samsung monitor for $180. Impulse bought that. :homebrew: Never had a monitor this large before.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I always know to steer clear of anyone who watches Fight Club and takes the message in that movie as a positive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SpiritOfLenin posted:

I wonder how Anthem's coming along. *checks latest Anthem news*

https://www.pcgamer.com/anthems-conversation-system-allows-for-two-dialogue-choices/

Ah. The revolutionary design choice to prevent false choices by taking away choices, mostly because you think the audience is too stupid to understand things like "decisions and conversations".

Bioware isn't wrong though. Gamers are pretty stupid, that's hardly Biowares fault.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

As far as Destiny like games are concerned, the Division 2 is going to be the best of the bunch by far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If En Masse Entertainment were smart they would handle it like Bioware does for Star Wars the Old Republic, where you choose which characters to have disabled until you buy the necessary character slots.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Went to PAX West yesterday and it was a crazy amount of fun. So many good video games, especially indie titles, in development. I got to play Praey for the Gods, and Ooblets, and both titles are great. I am so excited for these two games to come out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did you get the shirt

https://twitter.com/ooblets/status/1036030694126891008

Once I read that the dance battle combat was "card-based like Slay the Spire" I wanted to play it even more

I didn't but I seriously should have. I looked it at but decided against buying it. I have enough video game shirts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Housh posted:

Is it better to play BFV on PC (I7-6700k, 1060 6GB) or PS4 Pro?

EA's multiplayer titles have the biggest playerbase on PlayStation. I would however go with where your friends are going. The game isn't worth playing by yourself.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Time for bed, cya all tomorrow for Dragon Quest XI. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

Dragon Quest XI is out today and I am so, so happy and I want to go home and play my comfy old-school JRPG right now

Very excited for this too! About 40 minutes or so.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dragon Quest XI is live now on Steam. :f5:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I miss this RPG and wish it was on Switch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cyberpunk 2077 looking nuts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

the worst was kingdoms of amalur because there was no fast travel AND no horse riding so you just had to run everywhere

This isn't true though, you can fast travel to any town.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I loved Kingdoms of Amalur and was pretty excited for the MMORPG that was in development. From everything i've read it was EA Games fault for the titles failure.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

If you're into MMOs, you'd enjoy Kingdoms of Amalur.

It was completely inspired by Everquest, but the world was missing all of the charm, mystery, and sense of exploration of Everquest. Curt Schilling use to be hardcore into EQ.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Do you like JRPG puzzle dungeons? Because they'll get you some JRPG puzzle dungeons.

Nothing turns me off faster from an RPG then dungeons with puzzles, or having to pointlessly hit switches.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I lost all hope for Anthem after E3 2018. The direction EA Games is going with its titles just isn't appealing to me. The Division 2 looks like a much better game, and UBISoft's post launch support for it is exciting, the most important reason being that all expansions will be free.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

love that game devs think the most exciting part of video games, is all the way they can find to make us have to pay more

That's been EA's thing for a long rear end time now. Before they even ever show off any gameplay footage, the very first thing EA will talk about is their pre-order bonuses and season pass. It was no different for Anthem.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is the PC version of Zone of the Enders 2?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/THQNordic/status/1037687044464697349

:toot:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Which one of you nerds works for THQ Nordic, cause we were just talking about this.

Headsup if you were going to be watching the Direct today
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1037596347979812864

Right?? We had a huge conversation about this yesterday in this thread and then this happens! I am excited to see what THQ Nordic does with the IP. I don't care if all they do is remaster the game and port it to PS4.

Also excited for the Direct today.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

(Read again, it was delayed due to the earthquake in Hokkaido)

Whoops! :downs: I hope everything is okay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

City of Heroes comeback please god

It is! The original team is working on a spiritual sequel called City of Titans.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought that was just a goon project by some fans of the game where they had a lot of ideas but not much in the way of experience and they needed a lot more money than they thought they would to make it

It is going at a snails pace and may not ever come out, but it did have a successfully funded kickstarter campaign. I really want a new superhero MMORPG. The current options are Champions Online, and DC Online, both of which suck rear end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am at the point in Dragon Quest XI where the entire world opens up to you and you're asked to go find some stuff with absolutely zero direction as to where you should be going. The game is a lot of fun but I am too stupid for this and am going to need a walkthrough now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1038110080858615808

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Been playing Dragon Quest XI all day and this game is incredibly long. When you think you're nearing the end, a 180 happens on the story and DQXI's story goes super weird and part 2 is just as long. Hoping to finish this weekend so I can start on Shadow of the Tomb Raider when that releases next week.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

I'm really enjoying Persona 5, but I've been checking a couple of guides for what I should do day-to-day and I'm worried that I'm behind where I should be. How strict is the game about maxing out your social links and your 5 stats (guts, knowledge, etc) before the end of the game? I don't wanna miss any cool story bits, I'm really liking the characters a lot.

I'm actually wondering this as well. I kinda want to start a new playthrough of Persona 5 because my first playthrough I didn't bother with the social links really.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

When is the official WoW vanilla server going live.

:yeah:

Really want this already.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

the first day i bought overwatch, i played unranked with like one friend and three pugs. my team was loving furious that i wasn't pro ice at that poo poo. i was like "guys i just bought this game cut me some slack" and they were like "gently caress YOU YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING" so i realized, they were right! just not for the reasons they thought.

i haven't played it since, and i'm pleased, because it's garbage.

for timeframe, this was decemberish of 2016? if the community has changed, well, i don't really give a gently caress

lol this comes off as really pathetic and pitiful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am really hyped for Assassin's Creed Odyssey now that it's less than a month away. I've been watching gameplay videos and holy poo poo it just looks so amazing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

https://i.imgur.com/tFpQwST.gifv

Preloadin'. Maybe I'll get in a little Spider-man before Wednesday.

You actually have until Friday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last night I finished a new play through of Night in the Woods. I am obsessed with the characters, art, story, gameplay, and soundtrack. The game is so cute, but also dark, and really hits close to home at points. One of my favorite adventure games of all time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looper posted:

i can't imagine using youtube for anything besides video game music

I use Youtube for video game music, movie trailers, and video game walkthroughs. Not much else. The site is a cesspool of nobodies attacking each other, and top 10 lists.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching someone on Twitch play Valkyrie Chronicles 4, and I am wondering... does anime war ever change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bloodychill posted:

And like the worst fever dreams, it made you wake up in your own piss.

I wake up in my own piss almost every afternoon.

• Locked thread