Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I just saw u started ur own thread and ill kickstart whatever

Book... of JEB!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

twoday posted:

He would like them I bet

You are in the same city as me ATM so if you didn’t get yours by now I’m beginning to think I hosed it up

you might get em back

it's happened to me before

additional data point I am in said city and have not received torlbm nor tyrmp

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
my print showed up but the intrepid folks of the post office tore a corner off the envelope stuffing it into my mailbox

this make s it more authentic IMO

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
man ive been saying "dubbatrup" to myself under my breath all morning and giggling like a child

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

2DCAT posted:

can confirm, twoday literally threw this into the ocean... BUT...

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

it's a Pissmas Day Miracle!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

2DCAT posted:

I guess c-spam isn't behind a pay wall so you can thank lowtax for even a remote possibility of being able to get possession of this rare artifact once again. At either rate, it's been a fun adventure and makes me appreciate the print I have and every one of you even more :toot:

this is the sort of provenance that, were we
not in hellworld would command a princely sum for each print
and secure twoday's leisure, free from want
for life

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

fabergay egg posted:

for when you absolutely must get whatever it is off of your hands

and maybe a lil bit of cancer to go with

holy poo poo lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

do it

cowards

mods

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

never ask upon the mods they will fail you redemption comes from within

I'm... crazy cloud?

:aaaaa:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

twoday posted:

ok fine, well anyway, on a somewhat ominous note, that last entry was the final one in the actual physical book of C-SPAM, the rest of it will have to be done on loose pages

:toot:

I can't remember when you were planning on concluding... With tehnp reelection?

Anyway I know some people in publishing that I could probably reach out to if you ever want to go to print (and u better)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

twoday posted:

Yeah, the date of the election is the plan, just to cover my rear end in case there is no election, because it feels very much a relief to thing that this might be done soon, and oppressive to imagine there is a possibility that it will go on for ever

yes I will print it, why does everyone keep thinking I won't? Also, PM me with the deets

I'm not doubting you, I'm encouraging you!

Let me ask a couple family members and I'll be in touch

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Not too long ago I got an idea for a roni mask. I asked twoday if I could use inkjet printer fabric to make a mask using one of his images. They said yes and I did the deed.

And for the backing, this very nice piss-yellow fabric.

Can't wait to wear this to the supermarket or picking up some take out in the near future.

wow this is INCREDIBLE lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

twoday posted:

Should I make that the cover of the book?

I dunno it's stylistically a pretty big departure from the apocrypha you modeled a lot of the rest of your work on

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Kickstart it, IMO. That route allows you to throw out incentives to big backers that can help act as cover for the filthy capitalists among us, one of whom is definitely NOT me. Nope.

Dustcat posted:

a kickstarter with a minimum viable target would make sense, just don't discount the labor and hassle involved in shipping too. maybe kickstarter could hook you up with a fulfillment service? if there's enough volume you might be able to ship the books to the us and then have the service mail them on to our american posters

you should find out from pancakes how many hats he ended up making, because that'll give you some idea how many books you might sell

You could also parcel them out and distribute regionally to a spokegoon in the USA who can then distribute them to others nearby. I'd be willing to eat USPS costs to forward 20 books to others nearby.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

if you go with the first option, it might be feasible to ship a bunch to one or two people in the US who would then ship them out from here? would that work out to be less work and money for you? I'm not sure, just throwing that out there. books are loving heavy and that's always going to be a problem.

Yeah! ExActly!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mdemone posted:

I would strongly recommend against releasing a PDF for purchase, I think this is an importantly physical artwork and you want as much mystery surrounding it as possible too if you're going to sell more than a few dozen to us goons.

echoing this. the comradely spirit is appreciated, but the reciprocation thereof shouldn't be limited to posting, please let us get your back for the... days of entertainment this has provided

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
if you use a private shipping company it'll be more economical to do the bulk drop to point people regionally

I will drive the plaguewastes, hand distributing the Book to the goons, the acolytes of Tunjm

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
we lathed it into existence, this happened to me in Iowa

we all went into a bar to have beers after a long rear end day canvassing in bumfuck nowhere and this was scrawled on the bernie campaign's van

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
twoday you should put "that's ok, I'll keep reading that garbage" on the back cover

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
"this book is one of the prettiest I've ever seen, from the standpoint of beauty" - Gunshow Poopturmp

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

captainbananas posted:

you will be surprised at the amount of money goons will throw at this project. hell, we enabled a violent addict with a six figgies lifestyle without any critical reflection. also swap.avi, etc. etc.

Jess Scarane is running for senate powered in no small part by goons

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
superb S there

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

twoday posted:

I have submitted the kickstarter for review

siiiikk

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
YOU DID IT!

yayyyy also that remember sailor tier :eyepop: good on ya you mad bastard goon lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Nebakenezzer posted:

Good lord, what is this in reference to?

buddy

These books are gonna be PILED HIGH

Wait are you serious

(it's doobie's dog house a kickstarter some idiot dredged up in 2013 to help buy a restaurant for a racist in Alabama) lotta goons gave money yours truly included and it went just as well as all goon projects go. Except for the cspam book.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

dads friend steve posted:

doing a vanity publish (no offense ofc) of an art book also seems like a fairly achievable project

Oh of course, and twoday has put the legwork in both in quality of art and building a Posting Cadre here, this is a great and fun idea

We're not just fishing up some random superficially charming dipshit

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Nebakenezzer posted:

PS> the book of the month in the book barn is available online and is illustrated, you might dig it

https://archive.org/details/merryadventureso00pylerich

That picture of the friar careying Robin hood that it defaults to is amazing lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
yeah human skin is gonna be in good supply

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
This rules so much

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

twoday posted:

I think the printer will only print either 250 or 500 copies, and it’s awfully close to crossing the 250 mark, which means I might have to order 500, and then I will be left with hundreds of extra copies

I guess I can leave them in hotel rooms like Gideon’s bible

you should definitely validate this: they'll give you estimates for 250 and 500 copies as thresholds for economies of scale, but once you clear one of those bulk thresholds it should be a negligible cost input to tailor said bulk to a different, more specific quantity. The important thing is that you get ABOVE 250 or ABOVE 500, at which point the exact number is less important.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
"just curious though, how do you pronounce tehnkp?"

"The same way you pronounce yterjl, Mr. Carrey"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
the funds

They're making their way

Like little fiat pilgrims

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

!!!

!,!!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

2DCAT posted:

I think this memorable battle needs to be in the book

Lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo

Piiiiisssss

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
unmanaged debris and deadfall... PILED HIGH

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

sorry this riddle is already solved in the codex, it's "the wettest, from the standpoint of" gtfo tech company weirdos

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tubgoat posted:

Are we including in the Book that the First Lady HAS STRAIGHT UP BEEN REPLACED BY AN UNCONVINCING DOUBLE? Like, I thought this was more CSPAM-style buffoonery but SWEET JESUS THAT ACCENT IS SO FAKE AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE THE SAME PERSON.

What?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

twoday posted:

Well, looks like like there will be only one volume. Guess I need a conclusive ending.

You've got two months of chaos still, hang in there kitty cat

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
We had some guests this weekend who were asking after what exactly my tujnkl woodblock print said, not being aware of the Simpsons episode

It was a tangled explanation lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

:aaaaa: