Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Hey what about carbon-eating algae that are light enough to be aeresolized and sprayed into the atmosphere?

I'm just the ideas guy someone else will have to work on the details I'll be asleep under the desk in the conference room because I worked so hard on this

we could dry it out, burn it as fuel, and get it into the atmosphere much more efficiently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

sounds like y ou're not committed to the job - American Boss

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo

this is the only glacier i've ever walked on

i camped there for a week in july 2002. it never got above 50 degrees

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah, time doesn't make a hurricane stronger, just warm water temps and favorable winds

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Well if you want a spin up in July a home grown low like this is the way to do it. The Saharan Air Layer is way too strong now to let any of those cape Verde long trackers get anywhere.

okay you seem like you know something

does atlantic hurricane season heat up in late summer/early fall along with the tail end of the west african monsoon and the beginning of the harmattan for related reasons

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jose posted:

It owns that the country most responsible for climate change is regularly being brutally owned by it and nobody in charge gives a poo poo

india?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

reminder that the US will see climate change much less catastrophic than south asia, the middle east, or all of africa

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loving this cold front, gonna bring my lows down to 66 and dry. totally normal

SKULL.GIF posted:

what the gently caress, was that tree completely hollowed out before the storm snapped it into half? and still somehow still producing viable leaves

pretty normal in humid climates. that tree was due to go at any time, no matter what the leaves said. that thing had two inches of living wood around the perimeter

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is a moderate-to-mild summer here in texas. it also hasn't rained a drop in five weeks

Bakanogami posted:

Ah, but that's where you're wrong. Since all that pesky ice is melting away to reveal productive earth, Greenland is the rare place that is existing even more.

It's the rest of us that won't exist.

i bet the glaciers melting in ten years instead of ten thousand will affect topsoil creation

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

All the lakes are going to dry up and then burst into flames.

In 20 years, boring dads will be telling their kids "You know, every single one of the fire lakes in Texas is manmade. The state doesn't have any natural fire lakes."

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hello god, please flood austin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hurricane T1000

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

Which part of the UK is the Alabama of the UK??

northern ireland. south and east england are the dallas suburbs of the uk

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

we're so dry here i wouldn't mind getting hosed up a lil

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fermun posted:

dallas stars player tyler seguin's home got got

that tornado did this house a favor

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

There really aren't that many places like the great plains in the world. Thunderstorms here have freaked out friends from Korea, central Europe and west Africa

I set up a lawn chair and ice chest in the garage

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

I honestly say that the thing I miss about Kansas is the fact that there were thunderstorms that just go all night long out there.

I lived in overland park one autumn and it was easily the only good thing. the suburbanites, food, music, everything else was bad

Wichita is probably way better

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

there are a few good storm chasers on twitch

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

I want a wildfire to burn down the owl statue at bohemian grove.

it will be the only thing that survives

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

would be hilarious if a few pistachio plantations going up in flames is the impetus for rapprochement with iran

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol my bougie outsourcing consultant friend that lives a lil north of santa monica is evacuating

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

well yeah people live there now in those tinderboxes

those older biomes didn't have lovely powerlines and cigarette butts everywhere, mostly

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

thousand needles was a terrible exaggeration in the first place

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Really though, it's the executives that should be run off the road

100%. they don't drive marked vehicles though so we should be safe and just make every newer-model luxury car fair game

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bulgakov posted:

did a weird weather pattern happen that boxed it all in like that?

it's about that time when the monsoon winds from the south fail, so things are much more still

edit yeah look at wind speed in the graph above

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

*beijing bursts through door, slams money on table* I'M OUT

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rip pener

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the mississippi delta?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

lol if Hurricane Marco hits FL and Little Marco has to answer for it

funnier if it fucks up dc and rubio has to apologize to trump

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hydroxycoroclone

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i am furious he didn't zoom back to the white house again

seems...well-built

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Michigan may get half an inch of rain from Cristobal by the middle of the week :toot:

austin won't see a drop of rain and shifting winds and pressure have the high for tuesday at 104

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

waters were warm but not incredibly so iirc. weather channel says right now that saharan dust is preventing what would be a couple strong storms from forming in the east atlantic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

THE DUST IS HERE

THE DUST IS HERE

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's been summer for less than a month and I'm miserable

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

If it's less than a cat3, the texas coast will be fine

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Hanna is looking great on satellite. This is going to be a significant event that catches people off guard

except for corpus it's almost entirely unpopulated. the chihuahua desert will get a nice bloom out of this though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

stop trending south you little bitch, come at me

declared a category 1! it's also shifting south even more, heading into king ranch, the least populated area of coastal texas

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 14:35 on Jul 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i was in providence during irene on the top floor of a century-old house and it was fun feeling it sway back and forth but it didn't do much else

that was chris christie's moment!