Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Disaster response better, worse, or on par with Puerto Rico?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

preemptively petitioning the government to rename north carolina to “pig shitia” after the deathicaine

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Eat the dead when Trump’s disaster relief team falls on its face again

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

on the bright side if you die in the hurricane you get to be a skeleton after and that owns bones

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

loving stoked for our new radioactive coal ash state “slurry of pig shitia” formerly known as North Carolina

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My only hope is Florence gets strong enough to rip the US from the earth itself and hurl us into the sun to save the world from us and our idiot country with piss baby president

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This owns

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

From the producers of “My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding” comes this Fall’s smash hit “My Big, Wet, Hog-poo poo filled Hurricane”

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Have the pig poo poo lagoons been breached yet?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is anyone really surprised by this? :laffo:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tornados fueling up on that sweet, sweet climate change for some rad night time drifting

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Do I want to live in the middle of the country and deal with Deathnados or live in the cost where a hurricane will wash me away into the acid sea decisions decisions

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

wolfs posted:

someone is just spamming commands in the sim city console

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Loving all the people in Florida risking their lives to be like “I gotta get this on my phone for tiktok and Twitter!”

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Lotta Floridians gonna be learning about small print and weasel words used in insurance liability clauses soon :laffo:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

SirPablo posted:

Helicopter evac? It's a loving hurricane!

This is what happens when Katrina ended up framed for well off white Americans as somehow the victims fault for dying because of some vague mumblings of personal responsibility. I’m not like those people because I actually prepared for the storm I got some sandbags and tape on my windows so I’ll be fine

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hey someone remind me. Isn’t a lot of areas like Ft Myers built on limestone and having a bunch of sea water gushing around big apartment buildings possibly bad for stability?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fN-Xjpd-qE

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

stealie72 posted:

Were I a more petty person, I might bring up DeSantis voting against recovery funding for Hurricane Sandy when he was in the House, but that would just be uncouth to do.

I’ll bring it up :laffo: but didn’t Biden approve Florida being in a state of emergency like five days ago? It was declared a disaster area today because now it’s a disaster area.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Can’t wait till in like a year when “mysterious” giant sink holes start popping up all over places like Ft Myers and swallow entire buildings

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ian starts doing donuts over Florida, constantly getting boosted every time it goes back over water to be the first forever-ican thanks to climate change

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Marzzle posted:

I'm very excited to see how it affects his polling vs crist for governor. desantis wants to be trump so bad but he doesn't have the reality distortion field to protect him from unforced errors. ordinary people are starting to realize he's a drama queen fuckup despite a decade+ of teaparty dominance of state politics

DeSantis doesn’t want to be governor of Florida, he’s gunning for President. He’s setting fire to Florida because it plays to the chuds on culture war poo poo every else in the county. Florida is just the sacrifice to get more power

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Can’t wait till the insurance companies do to these people what they did to the Katrina victims and people just shrug and go “Just means my rates don’t go up now” while ignoring these people paid their rates just like them and the insurance companies wormed out of payouts which means they can do to same to them, regardless of rates

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

More like Carolina butt-a-q :smug:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hey whys it called a “barrier island”?

Eh who knows something about waves or something, who cares let’s build a bunch of cheap houses on it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Wait people mix slaw into bbq? Why?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder how much money and resources will be wasted on rebuilding here.

Due to flood insurance laws the people whose house that was will have no choice but to build there! The system works!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I guess that’s why we didn’t get updates from Cape Coral right away as the hurricane passed? There was anything there to send reports?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gotta be some valuable things on those yachts, right? At the very least there’s probably some pipes or something worth a lot for their metal?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

i noticed it was deleted while the embed was still cached:

:laffo: oh no you looted the hurricane trash off the ground shameful! Those bars need those bottles of sea water/sewage covered liquor!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

When a house gets flooded in the UK, it fucks it for months, as flooring, plaster, electrics etc all need to be ripped out and replaced. Are these Florida properties designed differently, so a soaking doesn't do too much harm so long as the structure remains intact? Was just wondering if there's any mitigating strategies you can use when building somewhere like that.

Yes, the process is called “selling to a house flipper who will dry wall over all the rot, mold, and electrical damage and sell to some sucker who will be left holding the bag when they discover it”

I don’t think people in other countries realize how warped America is where even your everyday people have had their brains crack pinged so much that everyone is trying to figure out how to grift off everyone else 24/7 because we’ve destroyed any sense of morality beyond “making money for yourself at all costs and at the expense of others is the only good moral”

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 14:59 on Sep 30, 2022

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Stereotype posted:

people need to know that they should not gently caress around with the ocean. tourists drown all the time in hawaii because they assume the large waves at beaches they should not be swimming at that will pile drive their faces into the sand are just pretty props and it is like a fake resort pool instead of one of the most powerful forces in nature.

I’ve spent all my life in Rhode Island and there’s never not a summer where some idiot tourists don’t go out on the break walls when the tide is high and rough to get an awesome selfie for their Instagram and end up getting slammed and drag across the rocks. You can set your clock to it. It’s either that or “The locals are babies how bad could ‘undertow’ really be?”

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I love the ocean and love being near it. One of my favorite things is getting fresh as can be seafood, clamming, and winter walks near the water cause there’s nothing like it but it’s also like loving a fickle and assholish ancient Greek god. I have no misgivings it would gently caress me up on a whim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Good soup! posted:

I moved to Providence last year and I got the impression immediately over the summer that, yeah, it has always been like this here lol (if that makes sense)

It does and it has :laffo: