Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

Kanye is a semiliterate nut who is extremely good at beats and mixing and extremely bad at everything else. He gets no benefit of the doubt for anything beyond producing bomb rear end singles.

i used to say that stephen wolfram was the kanye west of physical cellular automata: he's technically a genius, sure, but a huge dipshit

converse also applies, i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nah, the prc peeps got more practice

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Rhymenoserous posted:

Please be a state actor and not domestic poo poo. Any word on if he laughed ground up the ricin between his molars and growled about how every body but him is a pansy?

pros for state actor:
doesn't gently caress up our politics

cons for state actor:
its a deec casus belli

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
There was an incident in China the other week where they had a performance of Les Miserables and then had to step it down because folks were getting too into the idea of revolution

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Daniel Day Lewis retired after his last movie, something about a seamster I never watched.

Still amazing in everything he did.

Doesn't he retire after every movie he does for like 3 years

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
consensus on baby boom's end is 1964 so you'll have to wait about 50-60 years

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the us has also owned everyone else's networks

just turns out, networks are easy to own

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i think the real thing that will happen is irish-style troubles, with assassinations and car bombs and stuff

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

sharknado slashfic posted:

Sure but when do the Super Mutants show up

there are ghouls which look very similar to super mutants, since like 2nd edition

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Asehujiko posted:

Acquaintance that has experience with art sales says that a self destructing work is a thing that every lovely counterculture artist tries at least once but you'll never hear about it because they're not Banksy. The standard MO to deal with it is financially turbofucking the interns that haul the lots around for not catching it and that there's a 0% chance of Banksy not being aware who's minimum wages are going to be garnished to pay for his prank.

at 1.whatever million, doesnt that just convert them into unpaid interns

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

EBB posted:

Here's another climate change hurdle: the domestic cow as we know it must go extinct. They're not a product of nature, and they require a gross amount of resources. One way or another red meat is going to disappear from our plates in the next century- either by choice or by price inflation.

Probably the latter. So grab your nailbats and go steal some frozen steakums from the 1%, because that's your currency now.

i wonder what the steakums twitter account would say

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

All this time I thought it was something about Reagan.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

bird food bathtub posted:

Sounds about right from everything I've been reading. I am admittedly not a climatologist or anything, but basically every major source of information that isn't Fox propaganda or some poo poo is saying stuff along the same lines. Marshall Plan for the entire planet or start figuring out what happens with billions dead.

(it'll be billions dead and then the Marshall Plan)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we found him, the one peep who still likes kasich

or it's john himself

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

my kinda ape posted:

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you desire president John Kasich or aerospace and mechanical engineers trying to do biology.

nah, that poo poo is pretty close to chemical engineering most of the time, it's deffo the prez kasich thing there

it should be prez ocasio-cortez

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Hot Karl Marx posted:

You're saying it wrong. It isn't pronounced like gyp, it's like hip with a g. That's the way I say it at least

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

my kinda ape posted:

Mods change my name to Chad x Tyrone Fanfic

i think r/tendies is unironically that

cf.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tendies/comments/8r67jr/i_know_its_dangerous_to_leave_your_lair_but_bitch/

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Eej posted:

Re: space chat and fleeing our rapidly boiling planet

https://twitter.com/davidfickling/status/1024923442594738176

Space ain't no place to raise your kids

don't we not know if folks can have pregnancy and give birth outside a gravity well

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

Make a thread, have posters post the words they have questions about, if they don't get probated or banned it's ok.

itll degenerate to extremely extremely obscure slurs

it'll be the vanguard of a revival of more and more obscure and previously-dead slurs, just like how 4chan completely revived "cuck"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ah there we go

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871546

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

pmchem posted:

SGD is just an optimization technique, what we're really after here is Markov Chain Modding

no markov property, call it arima or arma modding

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It is, but then again France is kind of the "I loving told u I was hardcore" of countries.

peeps joining the french foreign legion (of whatever ethnicity nationality whatever) and getting injured can automatically apply for french citizenship "by virtue of spilled blood"

therefore, if you spill it for france it is pure now, goddamn it

(the mere fact that the french foreign legion exists is already p. badass)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Hot Karl Marx posted:

He's an acclaimed psychiatrist or psychologist but man is he dumb when it comes to anything else

doesnt he have like no actual good research

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Anyone know why some rear end in a top hat is climbing a comms tower in Hialeah, Florida?

bam, there's your answer

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

How much SIGINT do we have on Riyadh anyway? With all that oil money you'd think they could afford 512 bit encryption and one-time pads.

one of the things they can't outsource to random foreign firms

so they can't do it worth poo poo

cf: military outside of buying poo poo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Vasudus posted:

Climate change will solve the jobs problem because in the dark future every hand will be needed for labor in the new world.

this but unironically

(leverage gained by the 25% deaths from the black death gave us the european improvement in living conditions)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nazi is actually short for ignatius, same as nacho

i feel like they really aren't going to use nachos as symbolic white supremacy food tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
basically social science means that in grad school you're taught everything in undergrad is garbage for idiots and it's wrong
lab science means that in grad school you're taught everything in undergrad is garbage for idiots but it was good enough to do some poo poo with

engineering grad school is basically lab science but with money :thunk:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hey, bipartisanship still lives on

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

Turned out to be bullshit / law enforcement confusion, only Democrats got bombs.

https://twitter.com/SecretService/status/1055113750544633861?s=19

ok, so no bipartisanship

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Soulex posted:

Found out my chiropractor is an anti-vax person.

Cool.

why do you even go to a chiropractor

go to an actually trained person

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Soulex posted:

Va told me to go to Chiro so i did.

this is the VA fuckin you

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

my nuclear hot take is: the best pain management plan is the one that works best for the patient and since everyone experiences pain differently something that includes acupuncture and chiropractic manipulation

there are non-woo massage peeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's a pathological liar. I saw a link on the front page of reddit that his frequency of lies is only increasing. Soon we'll be at the lie singularity after which point maybe he'll only tell the truth?

the lie singularity is when the brain worms finish consuming the brain

he'll order the space force to take us all to mars where he'll come home and sacrifice us to the rest of the colony

• Locked thread