Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I'm so disappointed with Tesla and Elon.

I almost worked for the company at the Gigafactory about a year back now. They hired me from 6 states away but they weren't willing to negotiate on pay.

It was pretty obvious to me that they were going out of their way to hire younger/educated guys willing to work for less after laying off however many employees. Knowing that it's pretty obvious why they aren't meeting production demands and putting ($60k CARS) together like glueless model kits.

Tesla was one of those things that I really wanted to believe in and at the time I saw it like a promising glimmer of hope in a country that's getting harder and harder to not completely hate by the day. But now the new american auto company is a joke and the CEO is too busy stuffing his nose with whatever Kayne West is snorting and banging pop stars to actually make the company work.

Toyota is going to eat their lunch and the company legacy will be resigned to a thumbnail photo of an electric car in a 2030 history textbook for elementary school students.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yesterday I woke up with a horrible sore lip, I thought I had bit the inside of my lip while I was sleeping or something, but after looking at it and checking teh internets, I apparently have a giant loving canker sore and it hurts like hell. I haven't had a canker sore since I was a child wtf is this bullshit.

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that.

For whatever reason I get canker sore (or several) every other month or so. It's really horrible.

There's medication you can get to swish around in your mouth that will coat them and make them go away in just a few days.

The non-prescription option is just to rinse with saltwater. I've found this generally makes them go away in a few days as well.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Oh man I listened to this song on the way to work.

It's really good idc about all the Rob Zombie haters.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
One of my coworkers just got a Focus RS and I'm super jealous.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

I was walking my son to the bus stop this morning, and one of the rental houses on the street must have had an eviction because there was a bunch of poo poo in boxes piled by the street. On top of said poo poo was an almost brand new electric skateboard worth $500. After a little digging I found the remote, along with a shitload of brand new E cig parts like they were gonna start a business or something....Still looking for the charger for the skateboard, lotta boxes but I keep finding E cig parts. Oh and a brand new digital postal scale still in the box. Are the E cig pieces worth anything?

Post pics of the ecig parts and I'll let you know their value.

I should mention it's pretty hard to sell used ECIGs I mean really it's kind of like selling a used pipe which is pretty much like selling a used toothbrush imo.

Anyways that's a pretty sweet find. Sounds like the previous occupants were running some kind of operation...

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

900 of the tips, 500 reservoirs, and the sleeves pictured.

Hmm just as suspected given the circumstances.

Those are cheap vape cartridges that are typically used for "weed oil" or "dab oil" or "concentrates" whatever you want to call them. They sell them at dispensaries but a lot of people in my area (not legal in my state) buy these by the bulk, make their own wax, and sell the cartridges filled with wax for like $40 or whatever. They use these carts because they are cheap enough to be disposable.

So yeah no doubt about it the people that used to live there were selling a lot of marijuana concentrates, there's no other reason to use that specific type of vape cartridges.

I don't know if you're into that sort of thing or not but if you are it can't hurt to keep them. Plus since the box is unopened you could probably sell the set on ebay for like $100 or something.

CerealKilla420 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 2, 2018

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Yeah I just might, more trouble than it's worth.

Yeah honestly unless you intend on selling THC concentrate in the near future they are pretty much worthless (assuming you're not as broke as I am).

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

One of my buddies wants all the vape poo poo so I'll let him deal with it :v:

:2bong::350::420::2bong::350::420::2bong::350::420::2bong::350::420::2bong::350::420::2bong::350::420:

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
So apparently those of us here in the states are supposed to get some sort of FEMA test SMS message today?

Have you guys heard about this?

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Goober Peas posted:

The president wants our attention

SAD!

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

BraveUlysses posted:

qanon morons are all over it, truly a sign of things to come

What did he mean by this?

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Well boys I think I have enough evidence now to make the case that we are all living in hell.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Rhyno posted:

Hell probably has better healthcare.

Even Satan isn't THAT evil.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Wow...

This is why I think smartphones were a mistake. The internet is too much responsibility for these people.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

nm posted:

Super micro is already down 45%.

F

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Just got my Accord back from the mechanic. Previous mechanic didn't replace the rear caliper like he said and just unlocked it so it wouldn't rub. By doing this he also rendered the emergency brake useless. So yeah I have all new rotors, a new calipre (that actually works), and new pads! The ebrake works now too!

Also I'm getting the airbag computer replaced by the dealership because the part is under Honda lifetime warranty! It was the seatbelt sensor thing for the drivers side airbag.

So yeah all in all a good day. My mechanic also noticed that one of the headlights was out and instead of just replacing the bulb he soldered the wiring and put some silicon on the headlamp housing so it wouldn't leak. He didn't charge me for it or mention it I could just tell when I got it back.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Anyone else see that John Mcafee is running for president again? He posted a video on twitter about how he loves bath salts and how he's gonna run again...

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I'm 2 weeks sober now and I gotta say it's pretty hard staying sober with all these political things going on.

Cars keep me sane tho honestly. They make sense in a horrible chaotic hellworld.

I got my Honda back and I'm so happy :)

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

slothrop posted:

Good luck and goonspeed. I have cut down a lot but it'd be really hard for me to go totally alcohol free. I really admire you for giving it a go and I hope it gives you what you're looking for.

Thank you! Yeah this isn't my first time sobering up. I usually go a couple of months and then fall right back into it. I'm hoping this time I can stay sober this time.

I appreciate the support :)

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Rhyno posted:

Do you think you're an actual alcoholic?

Well I'm currently going to AA meetings so yeah...

I mean I was drinking like 6-8 beers a night (minimum) and I felt like poo poo all the time. So by my personal definition I had an alcohol problem and imo that's really all that matters.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Thanks you guys I appreciate it!

Gonna use all the money I'll save to buy a NA Miata.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Fermented Tinal posted:

Trading one addiction for another, eh?

Oh yeah big time.

Even after just two weeks I feel like I have a whole lot of energy and motivation to do things again.

Well on my way to having a large collection of junk cars haha

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Good job staying sober dude, also try not watching the news, like at all.

I haven't been but of course there's only so much you can do to avoid it completely. Of course people are going to mention things in the office and my roommates also bring things up occasionally. I try to ignore it but it's still depressing (no matter how you stand politically I imagine). I've been trying to just keep myself as far out of the loop as possible for the sake of self improvement.

Anyways what I am sure of is that the internet and the news were both developed as weapons designed to torture all of us.

Also yes Darchangel the Qanoners are dead serious. I won't get to into it because I really don't want to contribute to this part of the conversation (for my own sanity/sobriety) but I will say this. Remember a few years ago when the gov was talking about paying to have high speed internet access extended to the sticks in the name of "educating and uplifting the rural poor"? Remember when we collectively thought that would be a good idea? Remember when that actually happened thanks to mobile devices and expanding 3g-4g access? Well... this is the fallout of that. This is why I think smartphones are bad. Honestly it's way too much responsibility for the average person.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

builds character posted:

The most helpful thing I’ve read was this “desire is a wave.” It comes and then it passes and there will always be another. But they won’t always be this big and they will always pass.

Yeah I've gotten the same thing as well from meetings. It really is the most helpful advise.

I usually just try and get myself through each wave and it always eventually passes and then I don't even want it anymore. Even after just 2 weeks I don't really think about drinking throughout the day.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Also completely unrelated but is there a Honda thread in AI?

I've been looking for a place to post my car.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

meatpimp posted:

There's always room for a new thread.

I'll do some research and make a decent OP

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

meatpimp posted:

Don't. That'll make the rest of us look bad.

Ehh idk about that. There are a lot of great OPs on the SA Forums

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Darchangel posted:

And if you're in the United States, this just cost you your earnings for the next decade.

Sorry, I'm feeling a bit snarky about the state of the union.
I hope you recover quickly and completely!

edit: Hah, just caught Adiabatic's name change. Nice!

You and I both bro. My insurance is loving worthless and I'm thankful to have it after years of being uninsured.

On the plus side I'm working on a Honda thread b/c driving my newly repaired car under the speed limit revving to redline in every gear is the happiest part of my day.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Healthcare sucks. The world is a toilet and was engineered to torture and kill us.

It has always been this way.

I was driving my Accord today and thought to myself "this car was built before 9/11" and that kind of bugged me out. God the 90s sucked but at least looking back it seemed like a more innocent time.

I like cars because when I'm in them I don't have to think about the raging fire surrounding all of us. It's just me, Rob Zombie, and VTEC yo.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm going to start muting some people on Facebook and staying the gently caress out of some forums around here for my own mental health. C-Spam is stupid as gently caress with outright Alt-Right poo poo being posted without question so no drat loss there (And some of you repeating that Alt-Right crap.... you drat well know better. Check your loving sources - and no some random rear end in a top hat on Twitter is NOT an acceptible source) but other decent politcal threads and people with good opinions on Facebook and other places who are doing the right things and rightfully getting furious and pushing back..... I'm just done with seeing more conservative / religious right fucktards ruin everything and as much as I like what a few people post about politcs, I'm *finall*y just not dealing well with the overwhelming continued stupidity flooding out of the politcal centres of the world. I'm done, my blood pressure is going through the loving roof when I see twats from the right wing of politics or religion who frankly would do the world a favour by suck starting a shotgun throw another blatantly obvious piece of poo poo us all. On Saturday I *literally* just stuck to shitposting about Venture Bros and Bathurst, what a blessing that was. Sunday as per anyone in Australia whose has guzzoline in the veins, we went to the Mountain and worshipped the V8 and did honour Immorten Brock and witnessed Lownsey on the Conrod Straight

At present filling my feed with kittens and Subarus because funck having a goddamn artery pop. So if I disappear from your usual political stuff, that's why. Nothing agaisnt you at all.

TBH usually I drat well keep these kind of things to myself but it's helping to acknowledge how much it's making my head hurt.

I would just get off facebook man it's seriously not worth it and your data is being mined just to make it worse.

veiled boner fuel posted:

To the people that told me the 2.0 turbo accords were awesome: you're full of poo poo.

Just kidding, they're awesome. After we drove a 1.5 I changed my tune on what I wanted her to get and to my complete surprise after finally finding a 2.0 and driving it (and because it has a black chrome grill instead of the bright chrome ones that she hated) she agreed.

Now I have new car envy (my mom also got a new car the same week) so I need a new car but can in no way justify buying a new car but am probably gonna do it anyway.

Welcome to the Accord club. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

What I honestly could see happening is something like Kent State all over again, wouldn't be surprised.

Surprised it hasn't happened already.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I honestly don't even know what to believe anymore and I feel like a hollowed out husk of a person. I guess this is what hell feels like.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I've been blasting Rob Zombie in my car on the way to work everyday and it's actually really good.

Living dead girl just reminds me of Gran Turismo 2 which makes me really happy.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

meatpimp posted:

Dragula won't leave my head and it's driving me crazy.

Dragula won't leave my head and it's making me want to play NFS Underground 2 on my work computer.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Omg this is great

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Can someone please explain the "sluggo is lit" meme to me?

I don't get it.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Dagen H posted:

Sluggo, from the "Nancy" comic strip. He's lit.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sluggo-is-lit

Wow that was part of a real Nancy comic?

I guess they're trying really hard to make the comic relevant.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Kazinsal posted:

So the previous artist of Nancy was a good ol' southern god-fearin ol school bootstraps country boy (with shitloads of money but never mind you that) who also turned out to be a serial molester of his assistants, and he basically cultivated a following of the kind of old fucks who support that kind of shitbag and want to burn millennials and women with strong opinions at the stake. The new artist of Nancy is both a millennial and one of those dastardly opinionated :females:. Her run started out pretty normal but the abject vitriol she received from fans of Guy Gilchrist (aforementioned rapist) was so thorough she decided to dedicate some time to just making GBS threads on them.

And it's amazing.

Lol that's hilarious. I'll have to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Fender Anarchist posted:

https://twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/1049976919524106240

And so an era of my life is well and truly filed away to the annals of history. Good loving riddance.

Did you used to work there?

• Locked thread