Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'Folks' is a useful word, though. And it's one syllable, handy for Australian linguistic laziness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You fuckers

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I feel I could never tell ghost stories because the internet ruined me and I'd just end up going 'SPOOOOKY GHOOOOSTS! SPOOOOOKYYYY!'

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

JBP posted:

Who employs a Christmas casual for twelve months?

Always knew Father Christmas was pulling a big tax dodge

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

JBP posted:

Vic libs are actively courting as many happy clappers as they can get their hands on to try and transform the party into a republican style outfit funded by religion. The downside to this is that unlike the 60%+ population of Christians in the USA, Australian non-religious are thicker on the ground than Catholics or generic Christians which tells me they're digging a fine and permanent grave.

Inshallah

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

JBP posted:

They will when enough of them get into the party.

Following the same route as the US Republicans as they've been desperately wanting to, ending with the lunatics taking over the asylum.

Though we saw how demographics are destiny worked out there...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

'Teenagers exist' is apparently the concept that makes old white people into fascists

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I bless the morlocks down in Africa.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

JBP posted:

Just say that you think it's horseshit that your party is having its strings pulled by a small number of religious dickheads. Get a loving backbone. I will vote for the first visible backbone next election.

I always knew you were a lock for the skeleton party

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rich people who get into politics start out thinking they can buy popularity but as soon as they realise their horrible reactionary politics get attention it's a short road to complete madness. And sometimes total victory.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You Am I posted:

Thanks Thanos

Thanos

Oh wai...

This got funny because Thanos often autocorrects to Thanks.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Always had a soft spot for games that show the setting of an established franchise from a different genre's perspective. Tales from the Borderlands is apparently one of the most well-liked Telltale games, and that might be part of the reason why.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

bowmore posted:

I still think a Thanos finger snap would do the world a lot of good

you just want to impress skinny goth girls

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

(the joke is Lady Death, the sexiest skeleton in comics)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Keep the sticks but hit people with them

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I grew up on a farm. Farmers aren't all rich, in fact many are drowning in debt. But they're probably all crazy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

JBP posted:

Won't be so funny when that Chengdu J-20 flying around without an opponent destroys your home.

If it comes down to that it's just a warm-up to getting nuked anyway.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

bell jar posted:

From theg liveblog:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2018/oct/15/coalition-morrison-joyce-coal-polls-politics-live

They had half a populist policy that would pass with bipartisan support and they're already walking it back lmao. Oh you can't fire someone for being gay, but if someone being gay contravenes your religion, well, fire, fire away!

I think religious policy is a losing battle in this country for a number of reasons but mostly that nobody likes religious institutions except members of exactly that religion and everyone else hates them. Divide and conquer, baby.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

JBP posted:

No one will nuke us, we will get to watch the radioactive clouds roll in and slowly kill us, which is better than we deserve.

I hope you have your soundtrack picked out.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It’ll be like Rake where there is a new prime minister every week.

Everyone gets a go!

I'd say Howard must have left a Voldemort curse on the office, but the more mundane explanation is that when you suppress all competitors and hog the top job for long enough you leave all kinds of power vacuums and lots of untempered egos.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

This country is beyond farce.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And here I thought friendship was supposed to be magic

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The transformation of Australian politics into a telenovela is complete

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zenithe posted:

Should have elected Pope

Elect Pope for Pope

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Former Australian Prime Minister really doesn't mean what it used to

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Gentleman Baller posted:

I'd make fun of the LNP for digging their own grave with mistake after mistake, but to be honest I am with them. How were they supposed to know they would suffer consequences for their actions?

It is a pretty new thing to see tories deal with.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

froglet posted:

Oh there's the (imho rather disrespectful) one that aboriginal art of spirits are evidence of ancient aliens.

Well of course, that's obviously the Matrix of Leadership.

GoldStandardConure posted:

They were dropping a nuke on assorted australian wildlife to create a new kaiku that could take on Godzilla.

I read that as 'a new haiku' and I'm down.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

NTRabbit posted:

GODZILLA VS GIGAROO

Reminds me of the kickstarted kaiju fighting game that got derailed by some furry's fetish character who was a kangaroo or something

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Striker Eureka is a great Australian giant robot name, but its crew are the most British Australians I've ever seen.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

We do apparently have so much uranium that the Aborigines have a word for land that's too radioactive to survive in.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Anidav posted:

Apex gang will vote for Apex candidates such as Skull-Jaw or Mind-Killer or the head of the gang only known as Ace.

Immortan Joe 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Reclines Obesily posted:

if the government give an inch on this, itll be the adults next and when they cave on that guess who the next refugee will be?

you guessed it

Inshallah

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Count Chocula posted:

The Internet has poisoned my brain to the point where I can’t see lobsters without thinking of Jordan Peterson jokes.

I saw the Lobster Mobster reply and remebered the song of the same name from the Little Mermaid cartoon show.

By the way, in addition to a sequel direct to video movie there was a The Little Mermaid TV show prequel.

Anyone else remember Saturday Disney? Also, it seemed like they always cut off the last part of the last show they aired.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The ALP have a proud history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but they seem to have learned at least for to stick with someone who seems to work.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Also the GOP has spent decades demonising Clinton and given how close it was a near-identical establishment Dem with a different name would probably have won.

And then just like Clinton they would have been impeached.

Which got extra funny because Hillary bet the farm on campaigning to 'moderate suburban Republicans', exactly the demographic all that demonisation has been targeted at for two decades.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nat...Update+20181029

Holy poo poo, they're really going to purge the alt reich fuckshovels out of the Liberal party by running high profile centrish women in all of them aren't they.

Because as we all know wealthy centrist women are really good at beating loud fascists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

hambeet posted:

*cuts to white kids throwing rocks off a freeway overpass at cars*

Apparently Adelaide basically went into state of emergency about that

• Locked thread