Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is it safe to post here? Also, Crash is only $20 today at Best Buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hi, I don't think the "blank game" mode is anything - I think it's just Nintendo being Nintendo.

But if it is something, I think it'd be 3D World as actual 3D, not just the sidescrolling-ness of it.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

The new one is published by Nintendo, an exclusive, and made by the same team that made the classic Metroid: Other M.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Titanfall 2 is good.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I e always thought Stardew was cool, but there’s definitely *something* about it that it lacks. I don’t know if I’d use the word charm, because it’s definitely charming, but it feels hollow or manufactured or something like that.

Maybe it’s just me, who knows. Excited for the new/old Harvest Moon either way.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Charles Martinet and Patricia Summerset to be more specific

Buy a used Switch that's just the tablet for cheap and have them sign that one and store it away for decades. That way it can never fade, only the memory can.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I have a hacked Switch with EmuNAND set up so I can run backups and stuff there without worrying about getting banned and SysNAND for when I want to play legit games online. There aren't many times I want to play an online cart game, so I'm good and covered and have my physicals backed up digitally.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

By the time the Switch eshop gets shut down and any normal Switch loses access to its digital library, you will be able to hack it and put roms of all your games on it.

It wont matter. There is no Nintendo console that wont get completely hacked and backed up.

Hell, there are community projects to stand servers up to continue to play Mario Kart Wii in TYOOL 2019

You can already do this now...

Dehry posted:

The server that holds your digital game license also holds the v1.1 patch that fixed the game freezing bug after the tutorial.

...and download the updates.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Didn’t the Switch Lite come out years ago

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm getting the special edition one and probably never opening it solely because I'm a huge Nintendo loser.

That said, any problems or hopes and disappointment I feel from this are solved by the Switch itself. The Switch is great for homebrew, can be connected to a TV or played portably, has better color options (obviously imo), and then obviously has all the things that Nintendo stripped away to compromise for the Lite.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

There's also no motion controls, according to The Verge. Which means some games just will not work on this thing. You could, in theory, play Let's Go, but you'd have to wait for the Poke to be in the middle of the screen to catch it.

Metanaut posted:

Mario Maker 2 finally made realize how lovely the default controller is, so I ordered the 8Bitdo SF30 pro and I'm extremely glad I did. Feels really solid and definitely a big improvement.

Worth noting since I just got one myself, but 8BitDo released a wired version. Only thing it lacks is motion control and obvious wireless connectivity, but it has an incredibly small amount of less input lag and it can boot the Switch from sleep.

https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Gamepad-Nintendo-Windows-Raspberry/dp/B07R481CVY

LODGE NORTH fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 10, 2019

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

io_burn posted:

Surely Nintendo has access to usage statistics and knows how many people even use the dock. Myself, I tried it once when I got my Switch just to see how it worked. I don’t even know where it is anymore.

Bowser basically said this

According to Nintendo’s Bowser, the decision to focus on a portable-only option was based on watching how people used the Switch. “It’s more about how we’ve observed them playing,” he says of the console’s audience. “We have the ability to track how people play games and play our titles, so I would say that it’s really an option that offers more choices to people.”

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Lodin posted:

Notice that they do not mention taking out motion controls. The Verge is full of poo poo.

I was honestly in this thread bugging, wondering why I read something and it just wasn't true or didn't make sense.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I had no clue if the Wii U was a new console or just a cool enhancement for the Wii until awhile after the announcement.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

this is not The 3DS, this is Nintendo's new main console. While they've had tons of alternate colors or special edition colors for their consoles in the past, this is the first time they've made an alternate edition of a main console.

Isn't this like more wrong than it is right?

NES has a toploader edition and a sea of random rear end variants
SNES has the SNES Mini
N64 has nothing
Gamecube had the Panasonic Q
Wii had the Wii Mini and the version of the Wii without any GC or SD ports
Wii U had the 32GB and 8GB versions

io_burn posted:

And you wouldn't have bothered to spend 30 seconds figuring this out before spending $350 on a Wii U?

No, I definitely did. I initially didn't care to because I had casted the Wii off already and didn't really care for anything else about it. I found out new games that i was interested in were coming to it and then found out it was a whole new console.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Procrastine posted:

OK but how do you play with joycons. There's no kickstand so do you just have to put it flat on a table? That seems like an uncomfortable way to play but I guess it works. Still hosed up that you would have to buy extra controllers for it though.

I guess they imagine nobody will want to do this anyway, but if you did, you can buy a stand.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

acems posted:

also sure the lite doesn't have a kickstand, but the regular switch's kickstand sucks rear end and mine won't even open at this point without basically popping off of the console.

i wonder where the SD port is gonna be, though. Probably a port on top?

Looks like bottom right on the back.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Has this been posted here? https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...GWj3FFRJVUoB8w4

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Can't buy it with Amazon points either

Couldn't you semi-finesse this buy buying something else with the entirety of the gift card, going to return it, but before they're able to "give you store credit" you say you want to use the balance you'd receive to buy an eShop card?

There's also a weird thing about BestBuy's physical stores not letting you use rewards points on PSN credit, but bestbuy.com fulling letting you use the same rewards to buy a card for physical pick-up.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Are any of you actual losers like me and know of any Mario Maker 2 communities with speed runners in them?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Where can I go to find people who can help me get better at speedrunning SMM2 levels

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is it worth it to play DQB1 if DQB2 is here? I bought DQB1 awhile ago and haven’t really gone anywhere in it.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Waffle! posted:

I wish there were more options for sharing clips besides Facebook / Twitter.

You could do some magic with IFTTT to have it check a Twitter for a new post with a hashtag, download the video, and then essentially do whatever you want it to from there.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I wanna get the vouchers, but I also try to collect the bigger Nintendo or really big third party games physically. Dunno how to explain it.

In any case, I am struggling to think of what I would get aside from DQB2. If I cared for superhero games like that, I’d get MUA3, but, yknow, I don’t.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

If anything, preordering Nintendo games on a Nintendo console is the safest thing you can do if you have to preorder.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I think I am going to get the vouchers and then get DQB2 and Octopath Traveler.

I think. We will see.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Barudak posted:

Even if Octopath Traveler was selling for full price still its absolutely not worth it

Back to the drawing board.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm gonna get the demo and see if I like it. There's a guy on YouTube that I follow who has similar tastes to me and he adored it.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

If guys can find someone who still has Gamers Club Unlocked, you can then get like, any game for $48 + tax. I think if someone topped out right before it ended, it doesn't expire until the end of 2020.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Len posted:

Can the voucher get you both Bayonettas? Walmart has the physical copy for $50 which comes with both games

Nope! For some beyond-me reason, only the physical comes with the 1st one.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Len posted:

Someone sell me on Starlink. It's the only game in the Twitch promo that sounds like my jam but I won't buy any additional things for it. Do I still get a full game or is it like buying Skylanders and no extras?

Star link is really fun if you’re into Starfox stuff stuff. I think the digital deluxe requires no toys at all but the Amazon promo one requires a toy once every few days or something. I don’t know.

But anyway, yeah, it was a decent 7/10 game, but not being a 8.5+ on the Switch and featuring a beloved character is enough to have it tossed in the bargain bin for some people.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is there a Chinese knockoff or cheaper version of this? I wanna use my AirPods on my Switch, but if I can do it for less than $40, then shiiiiid.

https://www.twelvesouth.com/products/airfly-for-airpods

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Look for USB-C dongles like the Genki or a cheaper knockoff. Don't get anything that uses the 3.5mm jack, it's gonna suck for gaming .

I was looking for the 3.5mm ones because I'd use them while the Switch is docked :(

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Ragequit posted:

This is true, but you better believe I picked up that Starlink deal for $1 to get the arwing. I’ll gladly ship someone the base game if they want it. I have the digital deluxe version, so it would just gather dust here.

I will take this with my whole body.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm actually struggling to find or think of 3rd party Switch games that go for their full price $60 and are "worth it." Ports don't count in this.

All I can think of right now is MUA3 and DQB2.

LODGE NORTH fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 22, 2019

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

i don't think MUA counts as third party, Nintendo is publishing so it's second party.

edit: but also you buy nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, the relative bounty of ports and indies for the Switch is just a bonus. no one bought a switch to play the latest third party games, they bought it for Smash or Zelda or Pokemon

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, just a bad thing...for me. I can get the vouchers for $90, which would end up being a savings of $30 excluding tax on 2 games that meet the full standard MSRP of a Switch game. Only problem is that for most Nintendo games, I like to get the physical copy, but I can get the digital of everything else and be cool with that. DQB2 is the only game I can think that'd actually grab my interest and isn't also a Nintendo franchise.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Ah, you're right. I was thinking the ears on this were eyes but it's just a green(?) cat suit.

I can't unsee this and I want nothing more than to unsee this.

--

I have also decided to use my vouchers on Astral Chain and DQB2.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

So using a Second Switch™ is as easy as setting it as secondary and then downloading all the games and save data from the cloud? Can you essentially save to the cloud on the secondary and redownload the updated save on the primary just to pick up and go?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Also taking into account that it’s reliable to get $100 Eshop credit for $85 (ish) which makes it an even better deal.

Where oh where is this deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Len posted:

Most goons say Costco but I live over an hour from the nearest and it seems like a lot of work to ask someone with a Costco membership to buy them for me when I could just wait a couple months and get the same savings

Edit: that might be because I'm a filthy poor and dropping that much on videogames with or without a Costco discount just isn't a thing I can comfortably do

There’s a goon here selling them for the same price, but I just bought the last two :x

It’s only $45 at Costco, so a $10 savings on $100