Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Hey new switch thread, I have a question.

In preparation for smash ultimate, I wanted to get a switch LAN adapter. Is this like, actually necessary? Also, does any brand work or do I need a Nintendo licensed adapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Yoshi's loving World

ew

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d pay the full $60 for a Killer7 port.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Tatsuta Age posted:

the best part of nsmb is the enemies dancing to certain flourishes in the bgm

But I hate the BGM though

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

FF9 today whatever direct saved

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I'm just calling in sick like a responsible adult

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Sakurai is going to loving die with a gamecube controller in his hands lmao

:smith:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

HO gently caress WHAT DP2

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Are the Pokemon games up for voucher redemption yet? My joy-con is in repair and I can't check.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

You know the switch has a touchscreen right

TBF no one else remembers

edit: pokemon is not up for voucher redemption

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Any word if you can play this game without joy-cons? Just sent my for drift repair.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I have a question that Nintendo makes incredibly obtuse, so I thought I would ask it here:

My sister is playing Animal Crossing and is borrowing my switch to do so. However, Xenoblade is coming out and I want to play it. We don't live together anymore, so I thought I would buy her a Switch lite and do some transferring.

However, according to this, I can't do that? Is there a solution to my situation? I recall Dan Ryckert from Giant Bomb saying he finagled some system where he and his wife share one account across two systems and that would be ideal.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Thanks for the replies y'all, and got damnit

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

romanowski posted:

it’s been a while since I played it but I thought the quests auto-completed? or is that just certain kinds of quests?

From what I recall, basic fetch quests like "get 5 monkey butts" or whatever auto-completed, but none of the other types did.

It's been like a decade since I last played though.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Apologies if it's been addressed before, but how's the Trials of Mana port for the switch? Considering it there so long as it isn't at launch-Bloodstained levels of broke rear end.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Has there been any work done on NMH1/2? I assume it's at least just an up res'd port to 1080p, but I wonder if anything from the 360/PS3 port made it in.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

They feel great, NMH1 so far for me is a mostly stable 60 FPS and its awesome. The game has never looked or played better! I doubt anything from Heroes Paradise made it in though and honestly, I don’t think that’s much of a loss. All the stuff they added in was garbage.

Rad, all I'm looking for is a solid enough port I can buy and hope Killer 7 is next

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Zurtilik posted:

Is it not great because Control isn't great or is the actual streaming quality poor?

Control is an amazing experience by most accounts but definitely not via Nintendo's shoddy streaming effort.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I am really excited for it to be good but also holding my breath

I know the first demo had a bunch of issues (Which they seem to have addressed) but I didn't realize until later they changed the developer and team and a whole bunch of other stuff for some reason.

I want it to be good! the 3DS Bravely games were the FF5 sequels I always wanted

I'm almost tentatively excited! Sticking through the entirety of Bravely Default 1 was really affecting and I'm really yearning for a job-based jRPG at the moment. Fingers crossed it's decent.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I'm super stoked about this but just to make sure, these games are like, good, right?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Len posted:

I like the games but end up having to use a guide because sometimes I can't figure out exactly where to use the evidence

Lucky for you, the trailer seems to say there's some kind of "auto play" feature you can switch on and off that can help you move past something like this.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Now give us Investigations 2

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

robot roll call posted:

alright folks, hopefully this doesn't burn my confidential source but I got a picture of the super switch pro before the big reveal tonight...do NOT share this info outside of the thread:

I've never noticed the "confidential" labels until now lol

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Did anyone actually play all three paths on Fire Emblem Three Houses? I just finished the Golden Deer route and was relatively thorough with everything in the monastery, ended up at about 50 hours. I’m interested in doing the other paths and seeing why certain characters acted the way they did, but it seems like too much to play through the first act of the game two more times.

I played all the houses except the church because I'm not a loving narc

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

They've made and completed another metroid game before 4 lol

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I can't believe it

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Genuinely thought these games were on the switch already

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

The trilogy we deserve

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is really making skyworld sword look like poo poo lol

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

That's a winter 2022 my guys

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Looking forward to play BOTW2 on my melted launch day switch

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

People need to realize that Metroid Prime 4, much like Bayo 3 and the Switch Pro, are not real

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Electromax posted:

Here is a mario sunshine map I made, I finally got 100% on it last week. Please enjoy the sunny splendor of all the levels and, just for a moment, clear your mind of blue coins.
made a sunshine map https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1429808710235435014?s=20

Didn't know this account was by a goon, awesome stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Hungry Computer posted:

Because they are, speedruns spend more time off the tracks than on in most stages. It was a rushed 3d game for the Saturn that Sega contracted out because Sonic Extreme was in extreme development hell and they needed something 3d Sonic related.

The soundtrack's pretty good though.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The soundtrack sounds like a 90s gay club in the best way

I recently found my old Sonic R windows installation disc which also doubles as a soundtrack CD AND IT RULES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSMK7b7DLrE