Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

RuBisCO posted:

Hey new switch thread, I have a question.

In preparation for smash ultimate, I wanted to get a switch LAN adapter. Is this like, actually necessary? Also, does any brand work or do I need a Nintendo licensed adapter?

Any will work, USB 3.0 is a safer bet. Just get the cheap UGREEN one that pops up on Amazon.
I got the one by Bionik because it's designed for the Switch so it's hidden in the dock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

There are rumors that Animal Crossing might come out in March or April and if that’s true I will cum in my pants the entire year

Sooner the better, it's one game that will stay alive for as long as the console is alive. So many things on my wishlist for that. Even a small amount of phone integration so I don't have to bring my Switch to work everyday.

Glad to see console bundles for Pikachu/Eevee, Diablo, and Smash. Guarantees an Animal Crossing Switch for my wife.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Macaluso posted:

What am I supposed to do with these platinum points? I have 1130 of them, but as far as I can tell, there is literally not a single worthwhile thing to bother using them on. I'm not gonna buy WiiU stuff anymore, I haven't had a 3DS in a long time, and everything else is like... nothing. You'd think for such a big deal currency that has an expiration date on them they'd offer something a bit more interesting

Not a single thing? Look harder.

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/5ff1a44ac9653cae

I've got a folder of most of the stupid wallpapers, that I'll never use. A bunch of 3DS themes that I'll see next xmas when I transfer some Pokemon over to the Switch version.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Brother Entropy posted:

this might work for you

How long until my co-worker murders me?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What in the gently caress is this creep poo poo

I hope it has a demo just to mess with my wife.
"It's amazing, and I got the special edition for $250 with a body pillow!"

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Ethernet adapter causing the system to be warm 24/7 is a thing apparently. It started a few system updates ago, and seems to be affecting all USB adapters, regardless of the chipset.

I unplugged my network cable from it and it cooled down right away. I only really wanted it for Smash and Splatoon, but plugging/unplugging it all the time kind of sucks.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I don't think your system being warm is going to damage it

It's pretty warm, like playing Diablo warm. It shouldn't be heating up the Switch just to keep a dongle awake. If it's a flaw that was patched in I'm sure they can fix it.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

a7m2 posted:

Also all the Animal Crossing themed consoles have looked good in my opinion

I hope so! I've been tasked with buying one for my wife and a friend of ours, and it's gonna be mighty tempting to get another Switch for myself. On top of buying the game for my niece, ugh, take our $1500 Nintendo!

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Animal Crossing release date rumour. Nothing official of course, but it is 3 months after e3.

https://www.gamesradar.com/animal-crossing-switch-release-date-may-have-been-leaked-so-start-saving-up-your-bells/

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Aerofallosov posted:

Edit: Also, will it hurt if I turn off my Switch at night? It gets really warm if I leave it on.

If you're using an ethernet adapter it'll stay warm when in the dock. You can just unplug the network cable from the adapter at night.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Spellman posted:

I wish the New 3DS (normal sized) was properly pimped in North America, the concept of special edition faceplates replacing special edition models just makes so much sense

I've got a Pikachu New 2DSXL and it kinda sucks having to baby it. Faceplates wouldn't have custom button colours etc, but the replaceability if damaged would make up for that.

Still wondering what I should use the UV printer at work for. I'm not brave enough to print on the back of the Switch, but I should print something on the dock.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

My docked Switch stays hot in sleep mode when I have the Ethernet adapter plugged in. Turning auto update off didn’t change this. Is this still an issue even with the official adapter? I’m using the UGREEN one.

It will still happen with the official one. I borrowed a few different brands from our IT dept, and none of them helped.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I'm bouncing off Marvel Ultimate Alliance and going back to Disgaea 5. I'm determined to finish at least one Disgaea in my lifetime, I always get sucked into grinding Item World etc instead of sticking to the story. I love the grinding in Disgaea, but after two days of grinding in Marvel I'm out.

Hopefully after some DLC Marvel will be better. It's good, but feels like a patch or two away from being really good.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Some new forms for Sword/Shield.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1159091171987116032

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I've never played a real Fire Emblems game even though I've played the phone one and a ton of FE Warriors. Is waiting until the big final DLC in March 2020 and then picking it up a solid plan?

poo poo, that's when Animal Crossing comes out.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Lodin posted:

If my animu turn based strategy game ain't got Laharl turning into a girl and mocking Etna and Flonne because his tits are huge and they are flat I don' t want none. Also, horse wieners are a plus.

What I'm saying is, take it to the drat thread dedicated to the game.

This relates to my dilemma, if I buy Three Houses then I'll be putting Disgaea 5 on hold for the 10th time.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

KingSlime posted:

I know it was my fault for hovering over that spoiler but I sure wish I hadn't read that. I'm on chapter 3 lol

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Vegetable posted:

I don’t think I have the stamina to play all three houses in Three Houses. A single playthrough is already slaying me, and that’s without being distracted by any other game.

There's a poo poo ton of DLC coming, wait for that so you don't have to play it four times. Game is awesome. After six hours I restarted on easy so I could grind a couple extra missions, since Byleth and Edelgard were level 8 and everyone else was level 2. I can't imagine playing with permadeath, these are my kids now.

Wave 1: Officers Academy outfits for female and male Byleth available at game launch.

Wave 2: Additional Auxiliary battle maps, helpful in-game support items, and more will be released by Oct. 31.

Wave 3: Additional quests and costumes, plus a free update, will be released by Dec. 31.

Wave 4: New story content, with additional playable characters, locations and more, plus a free update, will be released by April 30, 2020.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

BoyBlunder posted:

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is currently $31.99 on the eShop, instead of $39.99.

Has this game ever been fixed on the Switch? I know there was a bunch of drama and poo poo after it was released due to its bugginess, but I'm not sure if that was resolved via a patch?

From reading this thread it will never be fixed enough to get close to the other versions graphically or performance wise.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I wonder if Tim Rogers knows how many copies of DQXI he's sold just from that one review. It'll be my first since Dragon Warrior 1, and I'm still hyped.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Not sure if this is a video for people on the fence about Animal Crossing, or for reminding me why my wife and I played it every day for over a year, 14 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJdwFrGy_k

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I saw the Ring Fit blurb on the News channel last night. So I checked my Best Buy/Amazon/EBGames tabs that I check daily.
Best Buy Canada was sold out online, but 2 out of the 10 closest stores had the Reserve option. Got my confirmation today! Woohoo!
Let's hope I don't get the Covid picking it up, might affect my stamina slightly.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I got Blasphemous because of the gushing in this thread and I think I'm done before the 2 hour mark. Compared to Dark Souls, dying all the time was still fun and made me laugh, dying in this game just makes me angry. I can't imagine how bad the platforming was before the updates.
Compared to Dead Cells or Hollow Knight, I feel like a sloth. Google is telling me that upgrades aren't going to change that very much. Kinda makes me wish that more games would follow Celeste's difficulty options, because I really like the look and mood of it.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

Streets of Rage 4 just got a big balance patch. Axel and Cherry are now muuuuch better characters.

https://www.dotemu.com/streets-of-rage-4-new-balancing-patch-now-available/

That list of changes is huge! Axel feels completely different now.

The most important update is:
Nerfed Galsia weapon hitbox

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

howdy nerds. i played the poo poo out of Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U and really enjoyed it, and with the new BOTW update coming out for the Switch version, i was wondering: is there any kind of way to cheat or hack a save file on a Nintendo Switch?? i'd really rather not grind up every character and resource in that game again

Just do what I did and put another hundred hours in on the Switch version.

If they add some of the characters from Hyrule Warriors then just skip it. They're not afraid of DLC so it might just take a while.

With some of the QoL upgrades from Fire Emblem Warriors this one could be incredible. More hyped for this than any of the Mario announcements or Pikmin.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

They've listed it as shipping with Puralator (but not shipped yet,) which on one hand, I've not had a lot of packages with, on the other, I feel like I've had some annoyances with them in the past?

Canada post has usually be pretty good for me, never like, one day delivery, but usually pretty fast and on estimate?

I've never had a problem with Best Buy for a few release day games, Amiibos, and even a launch day Switch. They next-day shipped the day before release. This is coming from the Mississauga warehouse to Toronto, but next-day is next-day, so you should be fine.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I'm reserving my excitement for Metroid until I find out how common the EMMI are. The high speed chases by an indestructible enemy were my least favourite part of Samus Returns. I want to explore, not memorize every escape route where one wrong move and you start over.
I did like the new parry attack moves though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Zeeman posted:

Metroid looks amazing, but my backlog is too long to buy it new. Hopefully someone will have a crazy Black Friday deal for it or something

Prepare to wait until Black Friday 2022.
I bought Pikmin 3 in June, it's first and only sale was 8 months after release. Breath of the Wild took a full year, then only once a year.