Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Octopath sucked

Well time to close this one and try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Gonna need a Luigi version of that case

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

American McGay posted:

lol if you think the Switch version of this is coming out anytime in the next 2 years.

It's coming out in two months in Japan

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Alan_Shore posted:

This just arrived! And it's going to be a DELIGHT

Please post your impressions after a while. The demo felt bare bones, but I couldn't tell if it was the game or just the demo being really limited.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

How did Nintendo suddenly become the favored platform for perverts

It's the new Vita, OP

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Goowser
King Goo
Goo Bones
Chain Goo

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Neat, what's her Stand?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

Speaking of grind, in Assassin's Creed Odyssey you can literally pay extra to reduce the game's grind.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/4/17936292/assassins-creed-odyssey-xp-boost-price
So like uhh, yeah.

It's only a grind if you don't want to play the game, or if you're a reviewer trying to rush the ending in two days.

Like it's pretty clear I'll hit the max level well before the halfway point.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Augus posted:

It took only a couple hours for Asscreed Odyssey to feel like a grind to me

You don't like the gameplay loop, and that's okay.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

RCarr posted:

Don't play it then you piece of poo poo. You loving waste of life.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

For importers, the Kunio collection will have some English language capability

https://twitter.com/playasia/status/1053179002305871872

If you don't want to import from PlayAsia, the Japanese version has the same ROMs, (including the US River City Ransom) and Amazon preorders come with DLC for an extra variant dodgeball game.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07H4LZCNY/

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Heck yeah. I still haven't played the JP Prism Of Eyes but I'm loving all the Japanese detective games for the Switch. I'd love to localize the eShop only JB Harold games too.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

I liked Star Fox Adventures, for the record.

Way to bury the lede!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Sakurai: I have asked Nintendo to monitor your internet usage through any legal means, and the short of it... Geno is playable but only to people who did not look at leaks. Banjo-Kazooie is also playable but only to people who did not masturbate to pictures of Bowsette. The leaks before were fake... But I have made them real

I regret nothing

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Over There posted:

Video games should cost more than $60

Never pay more than 37 bucks and 82 cents for a video game.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Sakurai is crazy

Wii fit trainer tried that yoga poses because she has an iframe at the start of it.

https://twitter.com/ryo829001/status/1058710988025786377?s=19

Link is dead but it led me to this

https://twitter.com/TodoNintendoS/status/1058112788898500609?s=20

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

asecondduck posted:

To me, and probably others, that's what it feels like though. I'm not at all familiar with G&W history so to me, torch G&W was just, well, G&W with a torch. Before today I didn't even know that there were Native American stereotypes in any G&W games, and I would have rather kept it that way.

G&W with a torch was always referencing this game (although I didn't know it). The change is that all of G&W's moves now transform him into more like he looked in the game it's from, so this isn't like one move they specifically did to be racist. Still should have had more thought go into it.

It seems like a lot of people are mad about the original game though, and not the new sprite itself. (The new sprite is what drew attention to the original game.) Would removing the feather be enough now or does the whole torch move need to be replaced by something else?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

There was a re-release version for the GBA where they just took the feathers off to make the attackers into generic angry guys, and that would do the trick just fine.

Yeah that was my reaction but I wouldn't have noticed the change without being told so I wasn't sure.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
This is Dr. Günter Zooloff

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Gripweed posted:

this is gonna be a guac blowout

If I wanted another guac blowout I'd go to Chipotle

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

jivjov posted:

Has Katamari been officially deemed a GameStop exclusive when I wasn't looking or something? It hasn't popped up for preorder anywhere else, but I can't find any indication that its intended to be exclusive.

From several pages back, but this week's GameStop online ad has "Only at GameStop" on Katamari.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
This listing is based on a rumor that we're starting by making this listing

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Weedle posted:

Also, it’s very important to watch their face. The difference between most subjects’ “truth face” and “bullshit face” is pretty obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPvx8VUSDw

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

if anything that murder-button is a trap, the rings are much harder to avoid than the spinies

i had my heart in my mouth during the pecker section, but fortunately it was only like fifteen seconds long

https://mobile.twitter.com/pwnens/status/928133037434347520

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I've been playing a lot of handheld Smash and I'm just starting to realize how sucky the thumbstick caps are. Why are they convex and perfectly smooth when they should be concave and textured :(

I like these, although I'm sure other third party ones are good too.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Andrast posted:

The gambit system sucks because it's super simple and there is no depth to it (and therefore basically no fights that would require complex automation)

I bailed on it after my party was able to beat a boss without any input from me. At that point I felt if I wasn't needed I might as well go play something else.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Nintendo Switch $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

*Kirk voice* Let them die.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

il serpente cosmico posted:

Where is his shithole

It's called a "cloaca"

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

Would legit pay full price for a portable Viva Pinata 2.

Hell, I'd do it for a portable Viva Pinata 1.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

JBP posted:

Lmao I got the exact same

:emptyquote:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Fat Thick Pregnant Anime

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have a problem with Golf Story. I really like it, and enjoy the gameplay, art style, writing and sound design, but it just puts me to sleep. Not because its boring, but because its so drat chill. I can usually only play Switch at night before bed, and if I play Golf Story, I'm out like a light.

Golf Story: So good and chill, you'll develop narcolepsy

This but Pokemon Let's Go

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm pretty sure it's an API for devs to add in achievements and friends and multiplayer to their own games, which I'm all for.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Everything looked great except for the couple lovely AAA ports at 10fps

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Just catching up... And DQ11 gets orchestral BGM! Ahh! (Is that in Japan only?)

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I can't wait to romance Doraemon

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

I'm finding it's better to hang on to that tetris for defense, or until you can build up a back-to-back and then attack.

But if you're at the endgame and like 4 people target you at once, you're pretty boned no matter what

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I like to hang on to two Tetris worth in the early game, but I fear that if I try to set it up later on, I'd get screwed over by other people before I can react.

When I get to that point I'm basically just hanging on for dear life, but just from an armchair quarterback standpoint, by clearing that tetris without another line-clearing piece in reserve (like either a straight piece or an orange L), you were left without any way to defend. Even having a single or a double can give you breathing room. I'm not 100% sure but it feels like clearing a line delays the garbage from coming too.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Are you a talent performer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Hulu is $12/mo without ads, Netflix is $13 :shrug:

But I also share accounts with friends/family.