Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

night slime posted:

What the gently caress is with them bringing back the stupid account tied to a system poo poo if they're going to make a new Switch version? Jesus christ.

p sure the first half of your post is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't think Disgaea seems like a series where people are going to rush out and buy remakes, I guess maybe there are people who play it for the plot somehow?

btw, that Capcom Beat 'Em Bundle is really cool.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That Disgaea price... yikes.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Glad to see the Switch thread will soon get access to Dark Souls arguments too.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spirits mode looks cool as hell.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Also lol at showing the last new fighter then showing off another new fighter later in the same video, Smash directs rule.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It sounds like these "bricked" Switches can be fixed by restoring from a backup, so it's just a bunch of people downloading and running mystery files with full permissions and zero backups.

Like 95% of people hacking their console probably don't have a good enough grasp on what they are doing and what can go wrong and a good chunk of the remaining 5% are giving them terrible advice.

The promise of free stuff breaks peoples brains.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Apparently Spyro has some performance issues so maybe they just couldn't manage to get a ps1 game to run on a Switch somehow.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Good news horny Switch owners! Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 is coming to the Switch in March.

Cool, can't wait for AlBorlantern Corps to post a picture of the cover!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

They should really let you use the handheld controls on the tv (because the handheld controls rule.)

They should also have some touchscreen controls.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Generally if you've got a six piece bonus you can jump to Torment VI.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

My GF and I were talking about Ocarina of Time being 20 years old. She never played it but said she played Crash Bandicoot a ton as a kid.

I took a moment to buy the N'Sane Trilogy through my phone while we were playing Mario Kart.

For all her boasting about being a Crash master, she can't get past the first level, hahhahahaha.

The physics in the first game aren't done right, maybe it's throwing her off.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

If I were a game dev I'd fear the release of my game if it were anywhere near a Smash Bros. release. Releasing anything near it seems dumb.

Publishers are dumb, look at the games killing their sales by releasing against Red Dead Redemption 2 just now.

Sony had some success releasing stuff in January (a low competition month) so now a bunch of stuff is competing there too and leaving a bunch of the year empty as usual.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

If you're not looking to get into the tournament scene for a fighting game, you probably shouldn't worry about what the pro players say. Imo this applies doubly to Smash, where you have to disable like 1/3 of the mechanics for tournament play

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I like at the many different rpg systems overlapping in Xenoblade 2 but a lot of people don't.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I want to play Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 on the Switch.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dizz posted:

You can only unlock Waluigi if you 100% both the physical and digital copies yourself. the game can tell if you're trying to cheat or use a game someone else did for you and notifies the nintendo ninjas to murder you in your sleep.

in the afterlife your punishment is to spend the rest of eternity fighting Brawl Metaknight.

Good to know I don't need to aim for 100% then.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dizz posted:

Waluigi has a taunt where he flashes a bit of his uncircumcised dick

You won me over.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I finally unlocked Goku:

Also I hope I can find time for that Stardew multiplayer!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

Stardew Valley has multiplayer now??

Wednesday apparently.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Beastie posted:

Is this local multiplayer or just online?

Local as in multiple consoles locally but not splitscreen, yes.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You don't need to pay for online to play locally tho.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You could always pull an EA and just insert the gambling straight into the games instead.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

caldrax posted:

If anyone's still doing challenger fights in Smash, the new patch massively nerfs them. I was kind of disappointed when I got on today and didn't have to work hard to earn all these dudes that had been crushing me 3-4 times in a row.

Yeah I was glad to unlock my last two characters but still...

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

HPanda posted:

How is Diablo, by the way? I enjoyed Torchlight and Titan Quest on PC, but never played this kind of game with a controller. Is it relatively easy to pick up?

It's good to play but the storyline is garbage.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Well I wouldn't bet on World getting much new content until the expansion so XX is looking pretty good right now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m not playing a Pokémon game until Nintendo gets off their rear end and makes one that looks and plays like Witcher 3 or something.

lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sudden Javelin posted:

Is Lego Harry Potter prone to crashing or should I start to worry about my Switch?

Every one of the Lego X games, all the way from the original Lego Star Wars and on every console I've played them on, have a tendency to crash and it will probably never be fixed.

Their "fix" was to add a checkpoint every time you change rooms so you can load that without losing too much progress.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Just wanted to say that as we wait for Nintendo announcement info, "insiders" like SuperMetalDave64 are incredibly annoying. They act as if they know everything that's about to happen and speak as such, but never really go on record so as to say anything. Then when the announcements eventually happen, it's "yep, I knew this was going to happen". It's very obnoxious, yet here I am, continuing to follow them as I await any kind of news. It's weird they have successful youtube channels where they peddle non-predictions and non-news. At least the crazy fake leaks are fun conversation.

SuperMetalDave64 spent like a week hyping up fanboy meltdowns over the imminent announcement of a portable PS4.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does Crystal Chronicles have any kind of launch window?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

No. None of the battle tracks from Earthbound are in any Smash. It’s a shame.

I’d love to see Porky as a DLC character.

I'd take Pokey instead.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Still probably best on PC where you can use a fast travel mod.

They give you six or seven of the fast travel teleport markers with the expansion if you're that desperate not to play the game.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait what, that's the first I've heard of that. Source on that? :catstare:

ROM sites are notorious for shady ads.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

YggiDee posted:

I've heard good things about Vesperia over the years, is it worth a look if I've never played a Tales game before?

Depends what you like, if you have fun with jrpgs you'll probably enjoy it. It feels a bit last gen game, but it looks pretty nice, and it doesn't have lovely dlc (and it isn't half finished.) It's a big game, but it also has a lot of content that's easy to miss (though it has a kick-rear end new game+ mode.) The co-op is very good if you have someone who doesn't mind only participating in combat.

Also THE DOG HAS A PIPE IN IT'S MOUTH LOL

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Knorth posted:

Give us Ufouria instead imo

Argue posted:

Give us Goof Troop please

Both please.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So, like, is Breath of Fire 2 considered a snes classic? I love it but I'm not sure why it keeps making it into backwards compatibility.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gripweed posted:

It just seems weird that you guys are imagining things that Nintendo might do in the future based on nothing and getting angry about it.

That's not weird for Games at all.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Projecting fears and wishes onto everything is just how gaming forums work.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Looten Plunder posted:

OK Thanks. Sorry, I thought I read an article a week or so ago about them releasing one with a better screen and battery or something. It must have been a bunch of speculation that I interpreted as news

Moke likely speculation intentionally disguised as news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm not american but the ps4 looks to be $299 on amazon.com