Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

Most of the reviews I’ve seen are dishonestly continuing in the fantasy that Mantic is a games company rather than a dwarves company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GW has improved but GW fans have not

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not going to care about AOS until they make an AOS videogame.

Because the Old World videogames own a lot, even if the Vermintide devs are pants-on-head donking it right now.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Moola posted:

Oooo tell me Vermintide drama

Nah I haven't paid that much attention to it, but the Vermintide thread probably has something to say about :fatshark:

Good game, devs should probably stop reintroducing old bugs with new patches though

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Good timing lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rountree whipped GW into shape and they've stopped sabotaging themselves. The Death Thread is about everybody else now.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

How do these weapons hit now?

Dice roll.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Battletech's initiative system is not great.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thanks Ettin! Now we can stop boring other people in the Unspiration thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I got cardboard standees with my old Battletech box set and tbh I was fine with that.

Though considering what BT had to work with back in the day getting those minis wasn't exactly a top priority.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Yeah, this lady that GW just added is loving rad. Pretty much indistinguishable in armour design from the other models on the battlefield, doesn't even have tit-plate.

Wizards is almost there, they just need to learn that plate armour worn by women don't need large metal cups for each boob. The best thing they've done is that in d&d 5th, they've added lore that after a long nap an Elf can select whatever gender they want for that day (including none). I like to think of it as a giant middle finger to the more toxic members of the community while also being super inclusive to people.

It's a shame you can't shove big ol marine pauldrons on that mini without a hacksaw and some gumption.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhmC-q5ccLA

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I think Corvus Belli makes models to jerk off to.

Yeah.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ilor posted:

Bangs are a crime against hairmanity regardless of gender. :colbert:

Please don't bring Noel Fielding into this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now that GW is good, this is as good a place as any to complain about anime titty minis.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Man Corvus Belli is gross af

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The difference is that it doesn't look like CB's really trying to do better while GW visibly is.

Female space marines might not be on the table right now but it's no longer a completely outlandish thought.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

tbh I'm still miffed about how Rufus helped that one chud shut down the first comicsgate thread.

That guy was leading the entire discussion around with bad faith arguments and "how do you do fellow progressives" BS and Rufus took one look at the multipage shitshow and thought that everyone else was the insufferable one.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

Are we still allowed to call people unfunny sperglords or is that no longer allowed.

Because prior to the locking this thread was actually providing good insights into what was happening with the various smaller companies - I had no idea Hawk had died for example. After it was locked and reopened we get this surge of offense and counter offense against tits.

Edit. Also someone mentioned something about hating Full Thrust's damage system. It's weird but Full Thrust was always meant to be very "light" with only fairly cursory attempts at balance. It's not a seriously competitive game in any respect and it is extremely easy to break. With that in mind, the roll to explode each component on a crit threshold (which is reached 2-4x throughout your vessel's HP depending on if its tough/normal/fragile) is really fun.

I was pretty interested in the chat about other game companies too and was at first disappointed at how things devolved into people sniping at each other over tits but I've had to doubletake some of these posts, so I can't say it's not been interesting.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Broken Record Talk posted:

That's all the Death Thread (no matter what iteration) has ever really been for.

Word.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh gently caress, sojenus is an actual poster and not just a cyoa injoke

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

nope

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

So it was battalion-level battletech, then

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hell that tidbit was even on the 1d4Chan wiki. The Rock, the DAs HQ, was also the name of a gay bar in Nottingham. The Dark Angels were always a reference to the gay community in the UK, the question is whether the ref was mean spirited.

Most 40k fans don't seem to think so but it's definitely a gay joke. The secret heresy thing is a reference to being in the closet.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Seriously though, if you think the DA joke was mean spirited at its inception you're thick as pigshit.

Yeah, for its time it's just an affectionate homage really.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

Regardless of intent, "Look at these closeted whoopsies tee hee" isn't a terribly nice thing to say no matter when you said it.

I mean this is the sort of thing that's easier to say in retrospect, now that times changed and we can look at things more clearly. For its time though it's rather benign.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am sure there were a non zero amount of people who played Dark Angels exactly because they understood the coded gay symbolism back then. Any representation at all is a precious thing in that Era, not that it isn't now.

Thank you, that's the context I needed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

To be sure, the fact that one of the biggest signal boosters for 40k on the internet was fuckin 4chan means that some things can get lost in translation.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'll take the L and admit my take on the Dark Angels was pretty hot, sorry bout that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Warm? Above room temperature.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lupercalcalcal posted:

Gay man in Nottingham, have spoken to several people who were gay and around in the 80s. It's totally made up.

Well gently caress

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They're okay in small doses

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Space Empires 4X

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"Condescending aggressive shithead" has been the thread's soup du jour for the past week.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I don't think there is any coming back for them now. They have a lot of ground to make up, and a huge lack of interest to overcome. And their other projects are bombing.

They posted a trailer for their new game and it is the worst thing I have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kqrkYSHQVw

I refuse to watch this

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Man of Iron looks a bit like a Starman from Earthbound

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It lasted a surprisingly long time considering that MMOs were already in decline while it was still in development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

tkwg's right, it's just Blizzard's marketing that hosed up

also

Fashionable Jorts posted:

It's almost like nerds are weird and really loving bad with their money