Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I am excited to accidentally discover there's an SA pogo thread, after failing to find it while actively searching for one several times since I started playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

that ivy guy posted:

I'm looking for 3 new friends to get through that part of the Celebi research. Added myself to the spreadsheet; friend code 2705 7528 9811. I get a lot of gifts (college campus), send 'em out as often as possible, and open friends' stuff daily!

I'm stuck at the trade part of the Celebi quest, everyone on my friend list is interstate or overseas, which brings me to my point of why can't I trade long distance? Even more annoying, trading opened up a week after a pogo playing friend from Denmark was in town, I could've solved my Mr. Mime problem then too.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Beachcomber posted:

Where are you that there isn't anyone else who plays?

Southern suburbs of Adelaide, Australia. Only time I've ever seen a wandering raid group was on the Chikorita community day, I generally don't see anyone playing nearby, and my friends aren't remotely interested. Occasionally I see a young kid out playing, but 35 year old me is not going to approach a random kid in the street to talk pokemon.

Another quirk for you, I've played since the game went live in the wee hours of launch day in July 2016, I'm level 34, have caught 7245 pokemon, but I've only caught 43 dragon types in total. I have gold in every other type category.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 6, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm in the facebook group, just that the vast majority of the activity is north of the city

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Many world class wine regions and festivals. Plus the usual coast type stuff.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 6, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Psion posted:

Can't wait for PVP to have guaranteed sinnoh stone rewards, because of course that's what they'll do

They're PvP rewards, but not guaranteed

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Apparently the numbers aren't final, but the mechanics are, so maybe they won't they will

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kangaskhan is how I finished 3 excellent throws in a row the one time I got it, not as easy was Wailmer but a lot more common here. I thought I was going to be able to do it throwing regular pokeballs at Shedinja, but no, he was caught first ball.

Does anyone know when they plan to switch over Volbeat and Illumise? I've already had Seviper-Zangoose-Seviper-Zangoose down here, and Solrock and Lunatone have switched, but those two haven't yet.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 9, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

voodoorootbeer posted:

Saw one, nabbed one from a hatch one egg task, and then hatched a loving Lanturn from a hatch one egg task. Meltan some time next summer probably.

I've seen 4 since I started this part of the quest, and the last two of them broke out of the first pokeball and ran away.

Articuno and now Moltres from the random 7 day legendary draw, neither shiny sadly.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Dec 10, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I threw out Zapdos-Lapras-Entei in a great league battle against blue AI lady and didn't get to the last two because she went Magikarp-Feebas-Squirtle :downs:

400 dust was my reward for winning an Ultra League battle against yellow AI man first.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Just participated in my first 5 star raid, fluke of timing that a call for people came up on facebook as I was getting ready to walk my dog to the gym anyway.

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to catch Lugia. Was interesting to see how quickly it went down under 17 people though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I got my first ever invitation to an EX raid from my first ever 5 star raid the other day. Missed out on catching Lugia, so I hope the Deoxys raid on the 29th doesn't get cancelled.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I picked up all 6 of the birds and beasts as weekly research rewards, have 4 or 5 of each now, so adding Lugia and Ho'oh is great because I don't have either.

Looking forward to getting 9 straight Articunos.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

and the person who helped me via discord also did trades with me to get my pilot badge and to the next stage of the Celebi quest :buddy:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

AirRaid posted:

Solrock/Lunatone and Zangoose/Seviper already switched once. Still waiting on Illumise to rotate in tho so this is good news.

Zangoose/Seviper have switched thrice already actually, but the long awaited Volbeat/Illumise switch is most welcome.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I've gotten a Sinnoh stone from my last two 7 day spin rewards, but I've also only gotten Articuno and Suicune instead of Ho'oh or Lugia for my 7 day research rewards, and not even shiny ones

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I haven't gotten a single shiny outside of a community day or event, and not one shiny legendary. I've still never seen or caught a shiny Magikarp despite catching enough for about 1600 candy, but everyone else seems to have a red Gyarados.

In other news I'm finding a Cubone away from finishing Meltan 7/9, and 18 grass or psychic catches away from finishing Celebi 7/8, so that's good

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jan 11, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Pinsir, Eevee x3, Meganium x3, Mareep, Ampharos, Umbreon, Larvitar x2, Tyranitar, Minun, Beldum x3, Metagross, and Drifloon are the only shinies I have. It's a short list.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Well apparently community day was on today and not Sunday, so I missed it

e: Wait it is tomorrow, why are some of the sites lying to me

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 12, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kheldarn posted:

It's always on a Saturday.

It's always on a Sunday afternoon in Aus, which is why the sites were confusing me.

One of my spin tasks unexpectedly gave me an Aerodactyl when I claimed it today, and now I have the reward sitting there while I desperately try to find a Cubone so I can advance to the Let's Go Meltan stage that needs the Aerodactyl :supaburn:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jan 12, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I also caught hundreds, not a single shiny, same experience as the Charmander and Squirtle community days.

Only positive from the day was a Shinx raid popping up, so knocked that off my dex, and finally finished Celebi.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I hate all of you rn

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It hasn't gone below 90 of your weird degrees here in weeks but there have been Snovers a plenty. There was a day two weeks ago where the temperature was 105 and the UV index was at "seek a fallout shelter" and I caught a Snover near the beach.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 13, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

seiferguy posted:

I didnt get a single 10k egg during this event. All 5ks.

Same, and nothing new out of them. I did find a Skorupi taking my dog out for a 10pm walk though, so that was nice, partly makes up for the Croagunk I saw but couldn't catch because the UI is stupid and lets so many thing stack on top of each other you have to peel them back like an onion, but traffic lights don't wait that long.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

DizzyBum posted:

I keep getting Slakoth in my 10k eggs. :argh:

I wish I did, I still don't have enough candy to evolve a Vigoroth yet, they just don't appear in the wild near me

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also Mew is the reward for the first research campaign 'A mythical discovery'

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Finally got a normal Lugia for my 7 research reward yesterday, and 96IV too so that was nice

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I raided a Kyogre today, got 7 balls, the first one spazzed off sideways because my phone decided I was hitting the menu buttons, the second one missed because I didn't realise how far away from the screen it was, and then the rest all failed.

Hopefully I get another chance.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

FistEnergy posted:

Yeah Kyogre is much trickier due to the distance and movement

That's what got me, every other 5 star type pokemon I've caught has been so close to the camera there's barely room to get a curveball, I try Kyogre and it's as far away as a Kangaskhan, poo poo was hosed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Raided a Groudon and caught it with the last ball of 11 tonight, thought it was going to run like the Kyogre at the same gym yesterday. Might get another go tomorrow.

Still on the hunt for a Cubone.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 19, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The temperature is only going to be warm rather than hot when the event is on here, at *checks calculator* 92 fahrenheiters, so I think I'll head out and wander around a bit, see if anything happens. Hat and sunscreen of course, because the UV rating is again at "You didn't want kids anyway"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I didn't know this was going to be only one task per pokestop, what a wet fart of an event, all I got to spin were 4, for 3 regulars and a walk for candy task that is TBC

If I'd known it was going to be like that I'd have gone into the CBD instead, where they have a pokestop every 30 metres

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Another 7 day legendary reward, another normal Suicune. Only got one chance left to get Ho-Oh before the end of the month. I wouldn't mind if these repeat legendaries were shiny, since I don't have a single shiny legendary, but no.

Managed to get two Groudons with my new raid group this fortnight at least, so that's nice. Just need to get Kyogre before it rotates out again.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't really care too much, though Bagon and Slakoth would have been nice as I don't have Salamence or Slaking yet, as long as I can catch a shiny,

BGrifter posted:

Looking over the list of Community Day choices is interesting:
Pikachu (Surf)
Dratini (Draco Meteor)
Bulbasaur (Frenzy Plant)
Mareep (Dragon Pulse)
Charmander (Blast Burn)
Larvitar (Smack Down)
Squirtle (Hydro Cannon)
Eevee (Last Resort)
Chikorita (Frenzy Plant)
Beldum (Meteor Mash)

Cyndaquil (Blast Burn)
Totodile (Hydro Cannon)
Swinub (???)

I've participated in every community day except Pikachu, and bolded are the only ones I caught a shiny, while the Dratini day I saw a grand total of 4 Dratini in 90 minutes of trying. The RNG on shiny spawns is just stupid.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jan 23, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

seiferguy posted:

Go somewhere different if your spawns are bad. Last community day I went to a park for about an hour, and the spawn rate there kind of sucked. Decided to go to a mall instead and there would be points where I would be surrounded by up to 5 totodile at a time.

After the Dratini non event I went to a different spot for the next community, and now I go there every time (except Beldum where I went to the beach) because spawn rates have been fine for all the other days, I caught like a hundred Squirtle, Charizard, Totodile, Squirtle, and Cyndaquil each, I just didn't get a single shiny, because shiny spawn RNG is complete bullshit. There's people in my new raid group who go to all the same places I do and catch shinys all the time, even on regular days, but I get next to nothing.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 23, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BabyRyoga posted:

The rate of shinies on community day is so high that I would go as far to say that RNG is not really a factor. It's a 1 in 20 spawn rate, and if you play properly at a fast but leisurely pace you should be encountering 100 or more per hour.

An example of "bad" luck vs "good luck" is something like getting 7 shinies vs getting like 17. Getting no shinies or next to no shinies is the result of being in an area that doesn't spawn pokemon, playing incorrectly, and or not playing for the whole 3 hours.

I caught 0 shinies in areas that spawned hundreds of the community day pokemon, the exact same areas and exact same time and method of playing as when I caught 2 shiny Mareep, 3 Larvitar, 3 Chikorita, and 4 Eevee, so no, you're flat out wrong.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 24, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BabyRyoga posted:

Maybe your account is shadowbanned.

Every community day, i've hit the same numbers. Everyone i've brought with me and taught my method has had similar results. Learn the quick catch, and next community move around for the whole three hours while constantly moving. Throw one ball at each pokemon you encounter unless you run out of new ones to click on. You should encounter between 200 and 350 of the featured pokemon, and I guarantee you'll get around 10 shinies.

Unless you are indeed shadowbanned.

I am not shadowbanned, and I've never been shadowbanned. The city wide facebook group I'm in has similar polarised reports at the end of every community day, some people playing for an hour and getting lots of shinies, others playing for 3 hours and getting none. The shiny spawns are broken.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 24, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BabyRyoga posted:

So you are basically convinced the game is bugged, or that something is causing different players to get different shiny rates.

My own personal experiences (out of over a dozen trials at this point), as well as all statistical data available on the internet suggests that going multiple community days while playing efficiently and still getting no shinies is basically impossible. If you reach 200 encounters, even getting 3 is like a 98%+ chance of success. If you open your dex right now, how many Totodile does it say you have seen?

My personal experience demonstrates otherwise, and I'm not the only one.

Seen 100, and the vast majority of those would have been on community day, as only the grass starters appear in this area normally.

I've seen 107 Beldum, and I can guarantee all of those were on community day because I hadn't seen it in the wild before then, and haven't seen it since, and I got 4 shiny there.

When they had the regionals hatching from 7km eggs for a week or so, I hatched more Kangaskhan than any other regional (Something like 5 or 6 Kangaskhan, 2 Tauros, 1 Farfetch'd, 0 Mr Mime) despite them having spawned up and down my street in Australia since 2016. The answer is Niantic fucks up most of it.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 24, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Coins don't need months of patches to work properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BabyRyoga posted:

If you play the par of the course and still get only 1 or even no shinies several months in a row, you are doing something wrong, as much as it might not feel like it.

Repeating the same demonstrably incorrect thing over and over again doesn't make you right.

I go where the event pokemon spawn in great numbers, some community days there are shinies, others there are none, and I'm not the only person in this thread who has posted about the same experience, let alone elsewhere. That's not me doing something wrong, that's something wrong with the game.