Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Dana should just buzz his hair that bald with a mullet thing isn’t a good look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Numlock posted:

Dana should just buzz his hair that bald with a mullet thing isn’t a good look.

It's extremely West Virginia though

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

General Dog posted:

It's extremely West Virginia though

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

When I was in Clarksburg I knew a guy at work who everybody called "Smiley" who did odd jobs around the yard, and he was both balder on top and longer in the back than Dana.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

General Dog posted:

When I was in Clarksburg I knew a guy at work who everybody called "Smiley" who did odd jobs around the yard, and he was both balder on top and longer in the back than Dana.

Yeah, but with a name like that you can’t fight the tides of Fate.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

VT is refusing to stack the box against us so we've scored a TD on every possession, plus some bad offensive playcalling, lots of big penalties, and a special teams mishap is keeping their offense off the field

Also we started Tobias Oliver, TaQuon hasn't taken a snap all game

Not stacking the box against a team that has thrown like 4 passes all year long.

yep.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
GaTech absolutely dominated tonight. 78 rushing attempts, 1 pass attempt, over 42 minutes T.O.P.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Declan MacManus posted:

georgia southern puts a mollywhoppin on em, runs the table, and doesn’t end up ranked until week 12 book it

step one complete

KKKLIP ART posted:

Not stacking the box against a team that has thrown like 4 passes all year long.

yep.

how much tape do you have to watch before you know you should stack the box against a fuuuuuucking triple option team you see every year

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Red Dead Redemption 2 launches in one loving hour guys GET HYPE

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I don't think I'm going to be done downloading for another 2 hours, at which point I should really be in bed :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

I don't think I'm going to be done downloading for another 2 hours, at which point I should really be in bed :(

Are you on PS4? This is a trick that seemed to help me.

Although it's not going to help enough that you shouldn't be in bed by the time it's done.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

I’m just going to buy it after I drop my daughter off at daycare. Then jump into the oubliette of New Austin sandbox realism GODDAMN IVE WAITED SO LONG

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I’m just going to buy it after I drop my daughter off at daycare. Then jump into the oubliette of New Austin sandbox realism GODDAMN IVE WAITED SO LONG

I like to pretend that the existence of New Austin means that old Austin was destroyed in the RDR universe.

Grittybeard posted:

Are you on PS4? This is a trick that seemed to help me.

Although it's not going to help enough that you shouldn't be in bed by the time it's done.

Yeah thanks, but I think it will be done downloading before I can do all that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

did u know the horses scrotum expands and contracts in reaction to the temperature??

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Yeah thanks, but I think it will be done downloading before I can do all that.

Eh, it takes like 5 minutes to do barring VPNs or something which would take a little research but I get it. Just something to try the next time you buy something huge to download.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This post did not age well

yeah well neither did penn state needing overtime to beat them

LeeMajors posted:

What happened to Crotch Bat?

Is he still around? He's probably standing on a stool--noose tied snugly around his neck--rocking slowly back and forth mumbling about Tidewater recruits.

I don't think he's posted all year

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Why do you hate Texas so much? WVU has been in the Big XII for like 5 minutes and has largely dominated Texas in that time.

E: I guess it's been about even.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 26, 2018

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Sab0921 posted:

Why do you hate Texas so much? WVU has been in the Big XII for like 5 minutes and has largely dominated Texas in that time.

Texas having exerted their political power since day one under the assumption that they ARE the Big 12. I hate being in this stupid conference, I desperately want to be in the ACC to play pitt and syracuse again.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Sab0921 posted:

E: I guess it's been about even.

I have a lot of hate that I don't get to express due to Pitt, Tech and Louisville (burn it) being in a different conference from us now and no one else in the conference is remotely hatable enough to fill that void -- but there's just something about the sheer loving hubris of Texas that rubs me the wrong way.

Also Scionix.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Dilber posted:

UVA coastal sacrifice.

Hell loving yeah. I’d be down for a title game appearance

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I have a lot of hate that I don't get to express due to Pitt, Tech and Louisville (burn it) being in a different conference from us now and no one else in the conference is remotely hatable enough to fill that void -- but there's just something about the sheer loving hubris of Texas that rubs me the wrong way.

Also Scionix.

No one else hatable? Have you heard of Baylor? Or Oklahoma?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
a great way to get people to hate your team is to act like it is inconceivable that anyone could ever hate your team

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

No one else hatable? Have you heard of Baylor? Or Oklahoma?

i don't hate oklahoma. too many good sooner friends.

also gently caress baylor forever on a completely different level.

i also loving loathe both their basketball coaches because they're bnoth grade a fuckwits.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

General Dog posted:

did u know the horses scrotum expands and contracts in reaction to the temperature??

this...this isn't true, right? Like I know it's probably a joke but it isn't inconceivable they would do something like that. If it were a Kojima game I would've just accepted it at face value no questions asked.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MourningView posted:

a great way to get people to hate your team is to act like it is inconceivable that anyone could ever hate your team

Nah, people can hate Texas easily. But Baylor and Okie are far more easy to hate.

Jivesauce posted:

this...this isn't true, right? Like I know it's probably a joke but it isn't inconceivable they would do something like that. If it were a Kojima game I would've just accepted it at face value no questions asked.

Oh it's very true.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jivesauce posted:

No it's an actual thing.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

No one else hatable? Have you heard of Baylor?

Chaotic evil is always cooler than lawful evil

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I have yet to see computer horse nutsack gifs and I won't get fooled by the Big Animated Horse Nutsack Lobby again.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Also Scionix.

what the fr*ck dude

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Scionix posted:

what the fr*ck dude

:glomp:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LeeMajors posted:

Y'all have fun. While it looks beautiful, I'm just not too interested in OCD: The Game.

ArsTechnica review posted:

...and you get to manage Arthur’s life like an elaborate Wild West Tamagotchi. You'll have to keep track of his food and water intake, keep him comfortable in all kinds of locales and temperatures, and even manage his mane and beard. On top of that, you can hunt for food, track down outlaws, run heists, and bond with your horse (which means training, feeding, and caring for it in turn). I could go on.

To be honest the reviewer loved the game, but that bit killed any interest from me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Proteus Jones posted:

Y'all have fun. While it looks beautiful, I'm just not too interested in OCD: The Game.

To be honest the reviewer loved the game, but that bit killed any interest from me.

It’s easily forgotten but there were tons of dumb training missions in the first one — especially for the ranching stuff.

I’m a little apprehensive about it being too obtrusive but all the reviewers seemed very ok with it.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Stardew Valley really streamlined horse management operations

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Hollow Knight lets me game in small doses after my kids go to bed. I loved RDR but I don't have time for getting sucked into RDR2 now. If it ever gets a PC release I may not be able to resist, though.

If UVA beats Tech, do you think Fuente is toast?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

LLCoolJD posted:

Hollow Knight lets me game in small doses after my kids go to bed. I loved RDR but I don't have time for getting sucked into RDR2 now. If it ever gets a PC release I may not be able to resist, though.

If UVA beats Tech, do you think Fuente is toast?

eh

he put up a 10 win season and a 9 win season and even if he loses to uva he’d still be in position to put together an 8 win season; i think his seat is hotter going into 2019 than it would be otherwise but if he makes a bowl this year he should be okay

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

also didn’t vt lose a bunch of their defense to graduation this year?

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

as loathe as i am to wade into the goon fashion realm, american eagle has some pretty rad designs for a handful of teams if you need a new hoodie or something

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Declan MacManus posted:

also didn’t vt lose a bunch of their defense to graduation this year?

The radio guys said the defense lost 9 starters, 4 to the NFL.

Still, stack the box and make GT pretend to have a passing game.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Hi, it's Miami gameday, and I'm still angry at them from two weeks ago.

It's time for more of the Malik Rosier Experience, with such aggressive playcalling as "run a FB dive 3 plays in a row".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hey guys Fuente isn't getting fired even if he loses to UVA and kills the bowl streak. No way the department is paying out his buyout even if he tanks it. I do think for a lot of us, the faith he's going to get it figured out is almost dried up though. Year 3 and we're getting blown out at home putting up some of the worst defensive performances in school history.

This is easily the worst defense I have ever seen us field, and I didn't think I would see worse defense than the 2014 team which was also hella young. They looked lost out there last night, I don't know wtf the coaches spent 2 weeks working on, but it sure didn't look like tackling and crashing the backs.

The worst is probably how little he shares about the program, next to nothing to get excited about, then we see this product on Saturdays. Spends his post games blaming everyone but himself and the coaches, always on the players. WELL YOU KNOW IF WE HAD BETTER DUDES, well who is that on? I do think he needs to make staff changes, if he tries to be Beamer and hold onto his buddies I don't think he's gonna be here past year 5.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 26, 2018

• Locked thread