Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Woooooooooooooo drama busting up the party group you were with is a great way to end Halloween niiiiiiiiiiiiight

Deltarune makes up for it at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I’m just happy the Captain N team is back together again

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

dril posts for assist trophy

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

precision posted:

Why are all the gacha games so drat... busy? Like they always have terribly cluttered UIs with a million notification menus that seem to me to be antithetical to being easy to understand and use.

To constantly barrage you with brain-muddling sensation and lights and sounds and confusion to lull you into an idiot trance of endless money spending and trick you into following color and light patterns that you think are 'lucky' or indicating pending success

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kirby is going to eat God and the stars and then the void itself because he is the void and entropy eternal, and then when he is All and there is Nothing, the next feast will create itself

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Gacha games are literally "what if a slot machine gave you a free spin every 24 hours and you could carry it around with you" and its disgusting

They are a blemish on the Epic awesomeness that is video games

Partly why I got on such a vocal tirade promoting Streets of Rogue, purely because it felt like a game meant to be a game and played like a game, instead of that variable veneer of hot wet slime that coats most everything else now in a choking shitfog of DLC, unfinished content masquerading as DLC, gacha mechanics, microtransactions, streaming incentives, preorder bonuses, and just all that insufferable greedy boring employee-abusing CRAP

It's exhausting when entertainment becomes such a parasite

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Someone create a world manager game where no matter what you do, fat subhumans consume all the world's resources and hope and immediately drive it into a hell spiral of damnation, forcing you to spend increasingly hopeless amounts of money to stay alive and keep the world running

Then you allow the players to gradually discover that the one way to prosper and win is to IMMEDIATELY queue up Guillotines as soon as you start, and forcibly fill them 24/7 with hyper detailed screaming executions that happen by the dozens, then hundreds, then thousands as more and more putrid moneyed meat is fed to the lean starving blade

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I saw my first, having clicked on absolutely no videos relating to it, Deltarune FAN THEORY CONFIRMED IS SANS DEAD THE ENTIRE TIME CLICK PROOF VIDEO REACTION LIVE!!!!!!!!! and I want to clench a knife until the handle grain pattern is permanently seared into my palm as I anticipate yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrsssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS of this poo poo

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Andrast posted:

Why do people look at their youtube recommendations?

I didn't CLICK on it, it just showed up at the front page with all the other worthless cluttered poo poo that chokes it.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Poniard posted:

the final chapter of deltarune will contain an activation phrase for those who read homestuck and played undertale

Oh God don't tell me that

I already had a fevered panic flashback when I saw the spade bucket

Either way, Toby has already eclipsed that loser nine times over and Deltarune may as well be the second nuke

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

You can tune your YouTube recommendations, if some bullcrap comes up just click the little thing that you're not interested and you won't see more stuff like it.

... ... ...

AH. :stare:

I, I got a lot of clicking to do on my day off Sunday.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I do not have the time to hate watch boring stupid poo poo. This revelation you’ve shown is gonna be a huge help, I NEVER thought to click those stupid tiny dots.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Julias posted:

Nah, it's separate from the ads, and usually it's the flavor of the week that YouTube decides to Signal Boost.

Like a week ago it kept on giving me this video in the top slot, no matter what

:whitewater:

I kept getting that too no matter what.

Dude who looks like a skinhead is ok with racism, :wow:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Julias posted:

Oh trust me, you don't know how right on the money you are.

:barf:

oh so he is a skinhead, good to know

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I loathe ASMR and the ‘tingles’ poo poo bit enjoy a very specific few which are just, calming ones? Like someone carving soap and not talking. I mean I have massive anxiety and difficulty keeping emotions capped so that’s why I like them but some rear end in a top hat dancing his fingers over foil and murmuring just makes me ask what the gently caress they’re goofing around for

Carve the goddam soap I don’t care about 4 minutes of bizarre role play while you fondle a piece of plastic

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I once saw an ASMR roleplay that was supposed to be a cashier checking out some clothes for the listener. The video was an hour long.

That poo poo just feels SAD to me

People so starved for healthy social contact they listen to fake roleplays and weird crap like that

Same reason I find unpacking and reaction videos abhorrent, it feels like an ice cold parody of human life

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Ok full admission music DOES get me 'tingly' or emotional or gross snotty crying but usually it's real powerful instrumental stuff or memorable songs from parts of life

It's just ASMR stuff that feels alien as hell to me

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

All this drat talk about The Quiet Man keeps bugging me into remembering I need to work on my short horror story concept (which is just called The Quiet)

God dammit I said the word in my head so many times it lost meaning

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Rarity posted:

I went to hang with my frat buddy but he turned into this super gross centipede monster thing! poo poo was mega grody and I'd just had lunch so I had to kill him. Now me and Ashley have escaped from the villagers and got to a castle where we've raised the drawbridge and now they can't get to us. I'm sure that everything will be fine from here on out :)

Welcome to where Devil May Cry begins to transdimensionally bleed onto things as it confuses itself with the timeline where it ended up as that ghost beta of RE4

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

precision posted:

See also the first 8 minutes of Lift Yr Skinny Fists

Lot of their music does that for me

It's funny actually since GSYBE and Silver Mt Zion have both become the background music for the late of this decade despite being made 20 years ago, they knew and felt and predicted the mood spot on

Yeah I hear that, I feel like Toby is trying to make something that addresses today's horror and that is soul-eating work

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I loving hate the future

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

snoop dog is supposed to be excited about it so he will shill for spyro

snoop doesn't count because that is taking advantage of a geriatric man whose mind is 80% erased by tremendous and incredible chemicals

god I envy that kind of lobotomy

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Shindragon posted:

Well off to RDR2, but I did do one fanart of Deltarune so enjoy.

u act tuff

U GET THE FLUFF

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It does work well, it's unreal how well he managed to nail this dissonant tone of a slimy veneer over everything

Wanderin' around in the latter parts was pure "Oh wow it's this feeling again from the nightmare time known as 'childhood in isolated suburban hell in a dying society', hahahaha where did this glass of hard liquor come from????" *GLUG*

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It's all a dramatic lie, the drone contains Dragonweed, the newest and most powerful strain to ever exist, and snoop alone has the tolerance to survive its high

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It’s lame and late stage capitalism crap

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

mutata posted:

Marketing departments
People

PpfffffffhhhhahahahahhahhhaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Ahhhh yer fukken cute

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The bug sewer and the Ashley armor segments spooked the poo poo out of me and still do, the bug sewer tension is especially wracking first time through when it’s a death slow crawl of checking every inch for distortions and eyes

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I think RE4 is the last game in the series that had the deliberate design of fear and uncertainty making you play slower and worse, despite having action packed sections.

Yeah, that's the catch. It FOOLS you into thinking you need to play it super slow and safe, when the actual best tactic is to balls out rush in and past them all and just gun gun gun without stopping for anything, and they'll die like chumps.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Regenerators stopped being scary after the first playthrough, I wish they could have kept it fresh by introducing variants that move faster, more erratically, or have a LOT more parasites to blow off.

I dunno to this day I feel like the Nemesis concept was a brilliant idea, but limited to an era where the execution just didn't do it justice. I want to see a CoC game where your recurring undying foe is a shoggoth you have to keep doing progressively more insane poo poo to try to keep it down long enough to get distance and tasks done.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Square had the first Lovecraft Anime RPG and they hosed it UP with Cross and then buried it because success must take the form of blind obedience to a hasbeen man who hates RPGs taking 10 years to poo poo out a roadtrip and haute cuisine simulator

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Motto posted:

people sure do get weird about nomura huh

He peaked with 7 and should have been shown the door after

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Make the last Final Fantasy a megagame that ties every single game together in a way much more interesting than Dissidia or some gacha garbage and then burn down the Square offices and salt the earth with a 100-tank salute

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

7 isn't the best or my favorite, but it holds a special place because it just didn't give a poo poo and had a creative life to all of it. A remake will strip the soul down to the ugly minimum to produce a bland gray melodrama.

Which is funny because if anything, with the world dying, it'd be a loving awesome time for an even more radical and extreme take on the game's themes!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I liked 4, 6, most of 7, some of 10, and Tactics

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I need to see 4K 1080 200fps dynamic lighting Aeris with violently shaking hands, clenched teeth and steely wide eyes telling Cloud, no, dress as a woman

IT’S THE ONLY WAY.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Lufia fuckin rocked

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

homeless snail posted:

yeah but what if someone romhacked ff5 to have lufia in it

Every FF has an Ancient Cave hack now

Because Lufia ROCKS

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

FF10 had a lot of cool ideas but none of it felt really coherent or tied together for me, likely because it was the first next-gen attempt. I adored the aesthetic concept of the tropics, but hated the majority of outfits and styles, didn't like many of the characters, and felt the plot was a dud EXCEPT for the ending parts like Zanarkand

I dunno FF10 just felt like a fantastical idea that went the entirely wrong way of executing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Man the combat was one of the BEST parts of FF10, all other beef with it aside

Also can we get FFX-2 again, just without it being a creep rear end cosplay game for fat shut-ins?

• Locked thread