Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Voted 5 for Pope-P

pOPe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

service guarantees priority boarding

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Back to Attenborough chat, he's terrible at speaking radically of the environment because he's a Malthusian racist who really thinks the solution is to simply purge the planet of undesirables but he's not allowed to say that anymore.

gently caress is there anyone who isn't a gigantic piece of poo poo?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

JBP posted:

You can't murder an animal. You slaughter it.

I edited this but yeah, chop chop and illegal import tobacco is currently dominating in the west of Melbourne. $15 a pack. Now you're talking my language.

I don't smoke, but how garbage is chop chop compared to what you'd buy off the shelf?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

JBP posted:

What is the "true cost"? What if my moral and ethical framework doesn't align with your dollar value? Why is it cool to just pay an indulgence?

Yeah you could make the same argument against a carbon tax though and it would be bullshit there too.

If you consider things like pollution to be an externality that you're not responsible for, the public and most often the poor end up paying the bill down the line anyway.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Gentleman Baller posted:

There's no alternative for the greenhouse gasses cows produce,

Yeah but there is an alternative to cows.

Disclaimer - not a vegetarian or vegan.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
loving LOL at all the Facebook cowboys saying that we need more armed citizens so that people can defend themselves.

Likewise at the people criticising the cops for taking too long to shoot him.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

drunkill posted:

Oh no, goons living in higgins, voting at glen huntly. Too close for comfort.

I spoke to her for 30 seconds at the last election, she did not seem to happy, sadly she won.

I then went to another polling place to help my brothers scout troop do sausages, her dad turned up and spoke to us all, he's a lawyer though.

Come and volunteer with us. Higgins 2016 was wild and Prahran this year has been awesome. It's a super marginal seat, but we've put in heaps of work and I'm feeling really excited.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Recoome posted:

Welcome to capitalism, binch

Yeah this is exactly what religious freedom looks like. They are free to publish whatever the gently caress they like, but nobody has to purchase the magazine or advertising in it.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

JBP posted:

Legit question for greens machinists, how come they don't have a 50% quota? Or do they and it isn't filled? I just read a thing showing the greens male/female ratio and it was worse than I expected.

I actually expected more female candidates than male for some reason.

I can't speak for other states but here in Victoria women are seven of our eight state MPs and one out of our three federal.

As far as candidates go there seems to be a great balance between women and men, at least for seats that are winnable or are running large campaigns.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

ewe2 posted:

* Can the Greens keep Prahan? Has anyone got any scuttlebutt about shenanigans there? Can the Greens in fact improve their showing in Melbourne metro seats and give Andrews a scare?

The Greens have run a really strong field campaign in Prahran.

My guts tell me that the state-wide unpopularity of the Liberals and Prime Minister ScoMo will work against the Liberals in this electorate. They're Turnbull Tories here.

Labor are of course popular across the state but I'm not sure how that will translate in Prahran. In terms of local campaigning Labor appear to be less visible and active than the Greens and Liberals.

It was super marginal last time, so who knows?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Yeah reachtel though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Solemn Sloth posted:

If you want “parliamentary moments” why don’t you go wank yourself to death watching Paul Keatings neoliberal zinger hour

New thread title