Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

I love that this comes from BuzzFeed. It just fits.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-obstruction-report-twitter-reaction_us_5c41826de4b0a8dbe16fb1f4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Is it too much :tinfoil: to think that this might be an article to placate the masses?

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Are we going to completely gloss over Cohen saying in his written testimony that ALL of this. All of the poo poo that warps time and has caused irl human suffering. All of it was intended as a publicity stunt.

He never wanted to be president.

When you let this just wash over you it is pretty mind blowing. Like some sort of koan the defies rational thought.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Again, Trump is the very definition of a poor stupid person's idea of rich; a penny pinching miser, who is deathly afraid people will find out he isn't anywhere as rich as he says he is

What is a middle-classed avg. intellect person's idea of rich?

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

My impression's always been that she's got good intentions but like she's a rich white lady without any particular expertise or focus so she probably says and does some contradicting and dumb stuff like that tweet.

But I've paid very little attention to her so I wouldn't be shocked by a different insight.

I wish this was the beginning of looking at any and all celebrities as vain rich folk instead of some paragon of society whose opinion is somehow worth more.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Ok so I want to know. WTF is up with the okay hand gesture. I know some people are saying some white supremacists have hijacked it for covert signaling or something? Is this an actual thing? I don't understand how that would have started.

p1: *Gives okay symbol*

p2: Cool so everything is ok.

p3: No, no, no. It really means white power. :ssh:

It seems somehow both absurd and a thing. I am unironically dumbfounded. How did this even start? It honestly looks like a lot of people playing the circle game.

syntaxrigger fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 18, 2019

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Pakled posted:

1. Random 8chan post: "Hey let's own the liberal media by making them think an OK sign is a white nationalist symbol, theyll look so silly and we'll have triumphed by manipulating them so"
2. Lots of militia types and skinheads pose doing an OK symbol as part of the joke
3. Media outlets pick up on this, report that the OK hand is a white nationalist symbol
4. "lol we sure owned the libs" *white nationalists continue doing OK symbol because now it's a meme*

CPColin posted:

Somebody was like, "Let's pretend this is a white power symbol to make people think it's a white power symbol!" like how there's those lists of fake text acronyms that go around to try to trick gullible parents into thinking their teenagers are "Totally Boning Hitler" when they type "tbh" or whatever. Since the white power people are stupid, they took it as real, made it real, and now it's real.

Smell ya later forever.

So people used the internet to organize a hoax that became a thing. gently caress the future is dumb!

Thank you for the explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Except they had kids and passed on their lovely ideas to them. See also: Maga teen chuds harassing native Indians and theatric grifters like Tomi Lahren.

Haven't you ever played the telephone game?