Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Was just about to post this.

Main link: "Search 900+ events by zip code:"

https://act.moveon.org/event/muelle...LRTaAIKwASu8tK8

Orange fecal smear twits: DO SOMETHING!!!!

Cat fight tax:

Otteration fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

There has been some feedback about this one in particular, but anyone else have an opinion about these online "petitions" on the whole? Have they ever done anything ever?

Not generally a fan here. Would love feedback (ignoring your support of Warren or lack thereof, por favor).

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

I think they’re just a method of expanding the email list tbh.

Yep, forgot to mention that I figured that much. Any power to these "petitions" in and of themselves though?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Forming alliances to oppose the ever-loving gently caress against the smear of orange poo poo taxation and bridge building plan, .jpg:

https://i.imgur.com/lnbgDNj.jpg

Sorry, working to figure out failures of embedding links.

I blame Stephen King.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 8, 2018

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Ague Proof posted:

Are there ways to wedge Trumpists against Alabama Republicans loyal to Jeff?

Trump fired Sessions for *reasons* that freep, et al are probably already scuttling together might be a start?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

I think it would be fine to have a figureheadish "face of the party" Speaker while Pelosi runs the caucus as Majority Leader.

"The Constitution does not require the Speaker to be an elected member of the House of Representatives, although every Speaker thus far has been."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

What figurehead do you propose?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/924641278947622913?lang=en

Time to move on and DO SOMETHING!

https://act.moveon.org/event/muelle...LRTaAIKwASu8tK8

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. i love how deep we are in hellworld.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1060334166083059712

Fortunately that's not the sound of a lot of love and kisses being twitted to his orange fecal mass in the background of WH audio.

Move on, the next thing is at hand.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Cared about the importance of the orange Wohl in the grand scheme of all things. [checked]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwcKwGS7OSQ.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

On this day, in important politics:

Is Hillary Jeb, or is it Bernie again? Or are Bernie running and so is Jeb? Am I Hillary Bernie running Jeb? And wheretofore cometh Dukakis?

Is it loving Tuesday yet?

Man, the past comes at you John snappy Quick.

Time to remembrance that orange fecal smear my doctor ordered last week.

What What!?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/lSjlFhRRW0g

Not sure where protest dog fits on the tax scale, whether marx, bernie, or pelosi. Seems to be supporting the fight, sans test anywho. Thanks, Loukanikos. :)

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So the used condom, smeared hither and thither with orange fecal matter, told me that Lincoln was a Republican!

And yet Lincoln did not free the slaves before he was in charge!

So I can not vote.

And I heard Kennedy did some things before there was birth control, and he could have been a Communist but wasn't enough,

So I will not vote, and I have no solutions.

Fox told me Clinton was a womanizer who Benghazied and there would be much war thereafter,

Shall not vote, and yet I have no solutions.

Obama, I guess, was not quick enough. Not enough with the fast, nor the furious. Though, I'm told, everyone (EVERYONE!) voted for him, so all must be lost.

Voting is for scrubs, and yet and I have no solutions.

This lady, I'm told, voted for Mondale, so she's right out. Her dress reeks of conformity:

https://i.imgur.com/EJhFPfr.jpg

No more voting for her after we are in charge.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Any possible primaries are ten hundred thousand million decades from now.

An [sic] bloated orange poo poo stain is in charge, and we should care about primaries in two (loving ten hundred thousand million decades from now) years?

gently caress.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Stexils posted:

well presumably you're going to have to run somebody against him.

And yet we have no idea who that will be. And yet (you're) i'm not in charge.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
"Trump’s Nationalism, Rebuked at World War I Ceremony, Is Reshaping Much of Europe"

"Only after these leaders arrived by foot at the Arc de Triomphe did President Trump show up, protected from the rain as he made an individual entrance. A few minutes later, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia did the same."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/11/us/politics/macron-trump-paris-wwi.html

It's like orange rain, don't you know. But on your wedding day.

Isn't ironic.

Isn't a primary, somewhere.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

Yes, absolutely you should. When a potential frontrunner candidate is fatally flawed, it's smart to winnow them out earlier rather than later. Otherwise you start hearing morons in places of power bray things like "it's [his] turn."

Agreed. But not sure how we can care about winnowing out Biden or Hillary or Obama or Nixon at the moment when we have a fungus in charge.

Do you have way to get rid of a fungus? That would be good.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i think the US may save itself still if only because our facists are even dumber and worse then other ones. but i think europe at least france and germany is hosed.

I guess we in the US got lucky?

How are France and Germany more hosed than us right now?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

The only legal way at this point is to vote him out, by running a non-lovely candidate. We are almost certainly not going to get rid of him through impeachment. If you care about getting Trump out of office, you will care about the 2020 primaries, because that's the way.

"We are almost certainly not going to get rid of him through impeachment."

Your bets are better than mine? :)

I do care about the 2020 primaries. Just not yet.

Jacob Wohl might twit again, or Hillary might poop glitter.

Too soon, while not enough effective protests happen.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Fascist parties have been increasing in vote share in both countries the last few years. In France the final presidential matchup was between a literal fascist and a very pro-business moderate. The moderate won, but it was way closer than it should have been. Now he's super unpopular and it's not out of the question that he could lose in the next election to the fascist party. Germany I know less about as they have more parties involved and it gets more complicated, but basically people migrating into Europe from the Middle East/Africa are driving voters there towards the more right-wing parties.

Yep, and we could wonder how these parties got motivated, but I'd suggest the election of Trump is much to blame.

I guess we in the US can take the blame, and start from here and now to get rid of him.

Sorry, but that's all I got. :(

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

A Republican Senate will not vote to remove him from office, even if there is a dead girl or a live boy.

Do you have a solution?

I propose gobs of protests, constantly.

All I got, but we're all looking for other options.

Majorian posted:

Okay, but you asked why people cared about the 2020 primaries at this point when we have an insane syphilitic shitlord in office, and I've explained it to you.

Just wondering about what actual action we can take about or against a "Biden" or an "Obama" running in the 2020 primary.

While there are spaces unoccupied in the streets right now agin the orange smear of poo poo.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Rectal Death Adept posted:

The emboldening of fascist parties in Europe has been going on a lot longer than Trump has been president. Greece had a turn toward the extreme right due to their conflict with the IMF/Eurozone government over their crumbling economy and they aren't the only ones.

Yep, wish we had a Nate 538 graph though. I'd wager it got worse after the schmear of poo poo that is our "president".

Sorry for that.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

There was a time where Trump's favorability was on a consistent downhill slope, into the low 30s in his first year, when I thought he might be impeachable if it continued. I think you could do it somewhere from 24-27% support, maybe.

But then he trended up again in January and has kinda sat there, despite the constant failures.

The least informed voters I know constantly say "Pence is worse than Trump", and I really still don't see it. Trump hates Latinos way more than Pence hates gays, he was about to be booted from Indiana, and I'm pretty sure he's just straight up dumb

Cool.

What will you do?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I think we should investigate all politicians as thoroughly as we do Trump.

We kinda have a thing where they think they are just completely untouchable celebrity millionaire royals so rather than a singular case of ORANGEMANBAD causing this fanaticism for accountability and investigations directed at one person in this one instance we should probably investigate George "Literal War Crimes" Bush or Hillary "Forget Haiti" Clinton. All of the politicans just straight taking corporate payouts and doing illegal poo poo at our expense should be held accountable.

I heard Garfield once rubbed himself against a cat.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I try to think of a more horrible death than fleeing from flames, knowing you can't get away as the smoke and heat overtakes you, and this dumb rear end in a top hat is trying to use that suffering and tragedy to (badly) score political points. I know people whose friends and family barely made it out alive. I'm walking through the smoke and haze every day knowing that more bodies are going to be found and more people are losing everything they have. A lot of poo poo from this administration has pissed me off but I am loving livid right now.

His entire loving job is to send his thoughts and prayers and offer aid. That's it, that's all he has to do to come out of this looking good. Maybe declare a state of emergency. And he can't even manage that simple task, the goddamn lackwit.

I know posting this doesn't accomplish anything but it's cathartic

:(

"His entire loving job is to send his thoughts and prayers and offer aid."

It can't even do that.

Sorry.

:(

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Koalas Massacre posted:

This is what you can do if a minor around you is being a Nazi: Shame them.

Shame loving works. If it didn't the KKK wouldn't have gone underground after Superman called them weirdo losers.

Shame the gently caress out them. Make it clear under absolutely any circumstances that this poo poo is not ok. Call them pathetic. Tell them they're acting like spoiled children who want to act out for attention. If applicable tell them their grandparents/ancestors didn't fight a war so they could turn into the bad guys. Name a person they admire and tell them they'd be ashamed of their behavior.

If they turn 18-20 and they're still Nazis, then punch their lights out.

This is good. Shame the 21+ crowd too, at least until it doesn't work. Then punch and often.

Bad dog! shame tax:

https://i.imgur.com/rKft30n.jpg

:)

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

who the gently caress is this lunatic and why does he have so many loving Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Pollack

"He believes that bulletproof glass, metal detectors, enhanced door lock systems, ID checkpoints, and "school marshals" can help prevent school shootings."

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

RasperFat posted:

It’s actually super frustrating how shaming is looked down upon in academia, where they should know better.

Even in my gender studies class, the super feminist professor was against public shaming as a deterrent against bigoted behaviors.

It was one of the weirdest things to have an incredibly liberal teacher and class all agree that it’s inappropriate to be mean to straight up white supremacists, and we should be reaching out with kindness only.

Although this was a year before the 2016 election. The ensuing 2 years of open fascism may have changed her stance on coddling Nazis.

Against Nazis, yep shame all the time when adults are in charge, but remembering middle school kinda makes me want to rethink it as a universal solution to all ills.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS/status/1062134787526266880

Gonna laugh when this illegally appointed chucklefuck also has to recuse himself

Hoping somebody started the Scaramucci stop watch on him.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I mean if we lock down schools so they're like prisons.

Edited your post for the obvious right wing platonic distilled divine essence of truth. Cause science and lernin bad.

Also guns are orgasmicly good, apparently.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Not sure? Was there enough spice that we will having predicted this mote?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Sweeper posted:

Holy poo poo how is this even legal, like I knew prisoners performed menial jobs for no pay but fighting loving fires??

Enshrined of course:

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

"Two years after a similar amendment failed, voters approved a measure that will remove state language allowing forced prison labor without pay."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/6/18056408/colorado-election-results-amendment-a-slavery-forced-prison-labor-passes

Yay?!

Otteration fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 13, 2018

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Youtube links for if you cant share twits. Potato phone, but maybe more viseral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTA7-7kvHjc

Another link w/local news coverage. Wait for the white decorum at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm2ma4JrVks

Disclaimer: not from there, so can't answer questions. Would probably extremely vote her for though.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Crain posted:

Someone requested this earlier.

Might be nicer if we never ever heard from Garrison again, unless somehow using this as an avatar deprived him of money, fame, or his house, or maybe if a local news story reported him found face-down in a gutter somewhere near Laramie.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mendrian posted:

So I realize the narrative here is that Democrats are making up ballots and dropping them off at counting offices around the country.

Due to the Republican Rule of Projection should I assume this means that this is how they 'won' those elections in the first place?

Already answered, but assume that this means that Republicans are going to throw all their (political points) poo poo at their (cage) wall and hope it sticks with a majority of voters (chuds) who are willing to push back successfully.

Any poo poo will do, as long as it sticks for 15 minutes or so.

Edit: For the faint of heart, it won't stick, and the truth will out.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 14, 2018

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

CubanMissile posted:

All this time and I really still can't understand how the chuds can see a video of literally anything Trump does and think "Yeah, this is the guy I'm going to put all my faith in."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manson_Family

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown#Deaths_in_Jonestown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_(religious_group)

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

CubanMissile posted:

At least these guys had some charisma. Trump just shifts from grade school bully to pouty child.

Kinda in the mood to blame their followers more than bless the charisma of their leaders.

https://i.imgur.com/pwV52Ts.jpg

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/smilies/4/1/shrug.001.gif

Sorry for the non-enbeded links. Working on it, I guess

Otteration fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 14, 2018

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

selec posted:

Dem leadership could use more of that, IMHO. Pick a few billionaires to demonize the way the right has Soros. Tell us who is keeping us down. It’s a very successful strategy.

What would you like to hear from these few billionaires? Let me put a focus group together. Pots? Chickens? Whatever you want. You'll be in charge. I swear. (BTW, it's the lumbar lobby that's actually hurting your children).

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

Yeah but I still back them.

I guess it was the billionaires bit. Sent a chill up my spine.

Tax edit:

Otteration fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 14, 2018

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

So I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this Melania thing.

Please explain it to me like I'm really stupid.

Am I understanding this right?

Melania has released a public statement through her office that NSA person X should not be serving, i.e. should be fired.

That person is NOT currently fired or in the process of being fired. Yes?

Seems like the world's hugest own goal.

Even if Trump had WANTED to fire her, now he looks like a total whipped loser if he does.

If she DOESN'T get fired Melania looks like the world's biggest loser/idiot who made a big public show out of something she should have lobbied for in private.

Am I missing something?

Simple answer: they are all idiots = unforced error chaos always.

Yay for our team.

I'd throw in that maybe they're all trying to do the competitive fight-to-the-death management scheme w/each other. but Occam's razor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

Have another "Trump is super angry and pissy because there wasn't a red wave" story
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1062874244592386048

I hope we can all engage in hops and piles for the orange fecal smear:.

https://www.helpforalzheimersfamilies.com/learn/the-basics/alzheimers-faqs/dealing-with-anger/