Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The curse of the streamer is to realize too late that the job isn’t “I get to play video games for a living”, it’s “I have to play video games for a living”

Along with be consistently entertaining, be good or at least amusing at whatever you're playing, video editing, keeping a consistent schedule, etc etc

Being successful at streaming/YouTubing to the degree that you can live on it is as much a job as any other, if not more so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It's been a bit since I've been waiting for a CK2 DLC launch, do they turn on at midnight or at 12 pm Valve time?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

These borders are violence

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
1) African run
2) Byzantine run aiming to restore Hellenism
3) Warcraft mods will probably out by now so give those a gander
4) Immortal Dragon King of Europe

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

There's also Tides of Warcraft. Funnily enough, both are planning on initial releases in December, after checking for Holy Fury compatibility.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Sydin posted:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD :black101:

This DLC is pretty good.

My Dugu spawned with Craven, lost it when he went charging after an enemy commander, and died from the Flu right as I was getting ready to get my conquering on. :(

His son is a disappointment.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh so THAT'S why I end up with underage kids giving birth at random!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Buncha Craven-rear end milkdrinkers ITT

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

binge crotching posted:

That's a nice combo for ducks. Not sure what the numbers actually work out to for siege speed, but it's probably one of the more useful combos. The increased opinion for dogs sounds nice at first, until you realize that all of your vassals will also be better liked, which makes plots harder and makes factions more likely to fill up.

Dogs don't plot because they are all Good Boys and Girls.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
"Hey, there's a big chunk of Syria taken out of the Abbasids, I wonder what's going on theoh my Allah"

She founded the Alexander knockoff bloodline. When I checked on her a few years later, she had conquered like a third of Anatolia and driven the Byzantines into the sea. And she's gay as hell.

Naturally, her sons are disappointments.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Eimi posted:

Did you have gender equality on or something? Did she just convert to Islam before going on her roaring rampage of revenge? I never see women control muslim countries normally.

Nope, default rules. I started at 769 and am 820ish right now.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

She's got sympathy for Judaism, Christianity, AND Zoroastrian. Has she been doing like, a world tour of religions or something?

No idea. I have never wanted a "What the gently caress happened here" feature more than I do now.

Delving a little more into her history: her grandfather was Count of Osraige in Ireland but it looks like her family lost the title at some point and her dad died landless. Her living brothers are both nobodies back in Ireland. Her first husband was the Duke of Kent. In 808, she conquered the Emirate of Damascus as an Adventurer, had her husband murdered, then conquered several other chunks of Syria. She is the founder of the Sultanate of Syria. She killed her first man personally at the age of 24 and has had two Emirs burnt at the stake. She recently had a Pet Graveyard built at the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus. Where all the conversions to Levantine and Islam happened and how she got away from the Abbasids are anyone's guess. I love her and I wish she was my liege.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 13, 2019

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Red_Fred posted:

How do you find out this kind of information? To me it seems like that is the biggest feature missing from CK2. I always forget why people are in my prisons for example.

Unless there is some kind of feature and I missed it?

The family stuff is a matter of just clicking through her relatives and seeing what they're up to. Titles she conquered and created are a matter of clicking on the title's shield then clicking on its History. Kills are a button on the character's page.

And forgetting you have characters in your prison till the smell of their rotting corpse seeps up into your great hall is a CK2 tradition.

quote:

I wonder if she rolled the "child of destiny" event. Her stats are insanely high, especially considering she doesn't have quick or genius.

From what I'm reading about that chain, this is probably it. She has a modifier for strangling a snake in her crib which is apparently a thing in the chain and if the Child is unlanded when they hit a certain age, they get a pile of event troops and jet off to conquer something. You also get unlimited Invasion CBs which explains why she's loving up the Middle/Near East with a vengeance.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 13, 2019

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There should be an achievement for every vassal in a decent sized kingdom only holding their dejure territory.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I rolled my eyes a little at that paragraph in the RPS preview (CK2's representation of non-white non-Christians has been fine) but the usual ilk immediately proving that removing deus vult was the correct decision is pretty satisfying.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

It is interesting that the release announcement has someone straight up murdering a baby in it and people are getting all bent out of shape about them removing two words from the game. I mean, we just watched a baby get straight up killed by a snake! Won’t someone think of the children??

maybe that baby should have had better stats

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Zoroastrianism but you can't marry your sister.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Do you have to do all the challenges in one game or can I run around pumping out sons like a madman in one game and do the other two in a different game?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

MaxieSatan posted:

What you're describing would be good as hell, is the thing. It's more historical and creates better stories, plus it makes it less likely that you can just establish a huge fuckoff empire and then stay on top of it forever.

Coolguye posted:

there's a stark difference between a suboptimal heir that will require you to play to lose the least and a time bomb heir that is guaranteed to shatter everything you've spent the last 150 years building. the former we already have in CK2 and is known as the idiot heir whose entire legacy will be wasted time and massive revolts, some of which you won't be able to handle. the latter is an active malefactor that you can do nothing about.

suboptimal heirs will be a fact of life one way or another, i'm sure. active malefactors are not a thing in CK2 right now and i'll need some real convincing to grant the idea that they should be.

I was going to write up a post on how stress is going to be really polarizing and sharply divide the playerbase into the people who like role-playing and the people who like accomplishing goals, but y'all did it for me.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Just to circle back to this, I'm just gonna throw out there that there's a reason why this game ends where it does, and Hearts of Iron (despite being a WWII-specific game on the surface) is probably a better choice to give them an idea of how more modern geopolitics work.

CK2 is fun as hell, and they will get a better understanding of Dark Ages history from it, but a lot of that isn't gonna be applicable to the modern day except in either the absolute broadest possible sense or in nitty-gritty Epstein-brain stuff (the Trumps will suddenly make a lot of sense, for example).

It could be useful in the really broad sense of the importance of interpersonal relationships or the difference between power on paper and power in reality.

Also a good way of encouraging them to study and get good stats or else.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Anno posted:

So this image was apparently on the Microsoft store showing the entire map and it sure looks like there’s a tear for another piece to be added with China on it.

Not official, so grain of salt etc.

This is cool but also

Asehujiko posted:

Is there a command to cull all off-map titular kingdom courts? I'm doing an all-nomad shattered world game and everything becomes unplayably laggy 50 years in because every defeated khagan retains their kingdom level clan and goes to live inside a pocket dimension with their increasingly large courts

So I'm kind of skeptical about drat near doubling the map size on a technical level.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

fuf posted:

This preview has some actual gameplay videos in btw in case anyone missed them (I almost did)

And its well-worth watching. Though the video is only six minutes long and the player kind of zooms around a bit, the game is absolutely beautiful in motion. Seeing it is starting to allay some of my concerns.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Meneth clarified on the Crusader Kings Reddit that dongs and vaginas will not be in, they'll be covered by a fig leaf. Tits will be in, if the option is allowed, but that's it.

COWARDS

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It is completely reasonable to be hesitant to buy a Paradox game at launch and this coming from someone is going to windmill slam the buy button on the deluxe edition.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

wit posted:

Its not being mad, its simply having a +10 Opinion of Hashishiyah characters. :colbert: I wonder if that modifier is strong enough for NPCs stoners to naturally gravitate to the same courts over time.

If you get enough characters with the trait, you gain access to a decision to try and hotbox the whole castle.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Neurion posted:

Man, being immortal AND the Grandmaster of the Assassins loving kicks rear end.

This isn't the Assassin's Creed thread bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

yo I finally read the feudal contract diary and I am loving pumped for Paperwork Simulator 1066. This isn't even an ironypost, having a much more granular relationship with your vassals is dope.